• May 31st, 2017 1:16 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10853 posts
1473 upvotes
City of Vancouver

Females wearing Timberland boots

Females wearing Timberland boots... I don't care for this current look. I think Beyonce might have something to do with this trend, but my friend said that her friend wore Timberland boots a long time ago. I have never noticed females wearing Timberland boots 'til current times. You?
30 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10853 posts
1473 upvotes
City of Vancouver
The yellowy colour matches a tool belt I have and nothing else.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Aug 5, 2008
135 posts
85 upvotes
Beyoncé has nothing to do with this trend. I and many of my friends wore Tims as winter boots in high school. Didn't know it was a big deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2009
1189 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
This has been an urban trend that's 15-20 years old, maybe more.
Feb 12, 2005
358 posts
52 upvotes
I've been wearing Timberlands for almost 30 yrs now. I've got sandals, boots and boat shoes as well as clothing and bags.

I just wear what is comfortable and I don't give a crap about whether it is trendy or not. I got great deals on all my stuff at the Timberland outlets.

I got a pair of boots over 10 yrs ago and I'm still wearing them today. I get the classic looking stuff and they are pretty timeless.

I think Timberland has been trying for the last few yrs to appeal to a younger urban crowd, so they have some weird and funky styles. Those aren't for me.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14703 posts
3770 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lol
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Apr 17, 2013
780 posts
103 upvotes
Markham
I never want to see this on a female.

I wear mine to shovel snow
PSN - Meditech82
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4577 posts
604 upvotes
I have a pair. They don't look that good on me--a visual miscalculation on my part--although I've been complimented. A friend recommended them to me because I didn't want any Uggs or Ugg-style knockoffs; I didn't know they were a trend. I wore them in the winter (and may wear them for hiking in the summer/fall) when I didn't want to ruin my over the knee suede boots.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2080 posts
101 upvotes
Meditech82 wrote:
May 7th, 2017 12:57 pm
I never want to see this on a female.
but y tho?

If she can pull off her style excellently then why not. I mean they are dudes who rock skirts and they can still be hella attractive.

It's not about what you wear but how you wear it.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3146 posts
551 upvotes
London
Females have been rocking them since the late 80s and a lot since the mid 90s. This style has been around for a long time and is now seeing a resurgence. Agree with Dumbledore - some women pull it off really well!
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2080 posts
101 upvotes
mebiuspower wrote:
May 8th, 2017 10:25 am
No class.
I don't disagree.

But I think we're conditioned to think what's attractive and what's not. I mean wearing Timbs for business would look weird because that's not what we associate with professionalism and what we wanna see as attractive. Similarly wearing professional shoes at a grunge concert would be stupidly unattractive. That doesn't mean (if we wanted to) start wearing Timbs for high-stake business meetings.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6549 posts
898 upvotes
Better than Uggs.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted: