Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido $25 Promo Plan - 150 DT, ul txt , ul 5pm + wk, can LD, cid + mini vm included!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2013 6:35 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 25, 2012
100 posts
13 upvotes
New Westminster
How is their coverage? I'm in NewMarket. Will I be roaming with this plan?
Jul 22, 2009
108 posts
7 upvotes
ya just saw this on their website and i see it posted here
says limited time offer, any idea when it ends?
and i assume it only applies to new activations?
can anyone confirm
thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1456 posts
661 upvotes
I am on their website and do not see this posted. OP is there a link and can you provide more details as to where you got it from. Thank you in advance.
Jul 15, 2003
169 posts
66 upvotes
Arviat
NiHaoMa wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 8:59 pm
ya just saw this on their website and i see it posted here
says limited time offer, any idea when it ends?
and i assume it only applies to new activations?
can anyone confirm
thanks
Called CSR before closing this evening. Promo initially ends December 31st. They can end the promo whenever they want to.

I'm thinking of taking the deal but Fido mentioned I'm not eligible for a new phone discount if I want to renew my 2 year agreement with this current $25 plan in 2014. It's either this promo plan on a month-by-month basis and buy a phone at full price or purchase a discounted phone with their available plans in 2014.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1456 posts
661 upvotes
Thanks bobu. I guess I need to get to an eye doctor in a hurry............sh1111111te
bobu wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 9:09 pm
It's on the link OP posted, the 3rd deal, and available only month to month or 2 years.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
1800 posts
128 upvotes
syncmaster wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 8:54 pm
is this a new activation or a retention plan? and which dealer did u went to?
retentions is who i talked to...
Jul 7, 2009
120 posts
11 upvotes
Rogers was able to pretty much match this for me,
200 mins, canada wide
Unlimited nights 6pm, weekends
Call waiting, forwarding
Voicemail
Caller ID
Unlimited messaging
$27
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1456 posts
661 upvotes
Was that a contract and secondly, was international messaging included?
morton123 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 9:31 pm
Rogers was able to pretty much match this for me,
200 mins, canada wide
Unlimited nights 6pm, weekends
Call waiting, forwarding
Voicemail
Caller ID
Unlimited messaging
$27
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
3231 posts
693 upvotes
Now that's a good offer.

The competition is starting to be fierce.

My parents were on the old 25$ plan, and they both changed to this one.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
11709 posts
1476 upvotes
Toronto
momocha0706 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 7:43 pm
Fido has Samsung Galaxy S3 right now???
$400 with 2 years with selected Fido agreement? Isn't a little bit too much? LOL.
I don't think this plan qualifies for the Galaxy S III anyways but you can call in to make sure.
Studystand wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 7:49 pm
Take this plan + $10 Unlimited Canada Wide Calling Add-on and you got yourself a pretty decent $35 plan. Ultimately matches Chatr's $35 offering on a more premium brand without any zone restrictions!
As mentioned, it already has Canada wide. No data though. This is what my wife got through retentions for $35. She's month-to-month, but on contract the plan is also eligible for the better phones (like the Razr HD, Galaxy Nexus, and overpriced Galaxy S III):

200 mins
Unlim we/eve (@5)
Canada wide calling
Unlimited SMS and MMS (including international texts)
Caller ID
Enhanced VM
250 MB data
Jul 7, 2009
120 posts
11 upvotes
StealthFinder wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 9:39 pm
Was that a contract and secondly, was international messaging included?
I was already on a contract, but they changed my plan to that without making me renew. I'm assuming it's only canadian messaging. I didn't ask for it since I don't need it.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1456 posts
661 upvotes
I just called Rogers Retentions and they flat out admitted that the Fido plan was much better and they couldn't come close to matching it. She tried various options but it was a no go. She tried selling me premium over budget (Fido being budget sister company). When I pressed for an explanation on the difference, she was unable to provide one except better warranties on their hardware. I told her I didn't need any hardware since I had the S2x from Koodo (separate hugely popular RFD thread). Her response was that I wasn't the ideal customer. lol!!!

I am switching to Fido for the $30 plan. I don't care about Canadian long distance as I have a separate long distance plan with G3 Telecom. Now, if I can only add the 250 Mb of data for an additional $5.

Thoughts???
Mar 10, 2012
455 posts
65 upvotes
Ottawa
Grrr, I need one $20-25 plan with at least 100mb data, very little minutes...enough for answering calls and telling them to just msg me...I mean who even talks on the phone anymore.

So far the best ones I found is at virgin for $30, it's basically the same as koodo's canada wide data 30 but with call forwarding.
Jul 20, 2009
194 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa
EugW wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 10:00 pm
I don't think this plan qualifies for the Galaxy S III anyways but you can call in to make sure.

As mentioned, it already has Canada wide. No data though. This is what my wife got through retentions for $35. She's month-to-month, but on contract the plan is also eligible for the better phones (like the Razr HD, Galaxy Nexus, and overpriced Galaxy S III):

200 mins
Unlim we/eve (@5)
Canada wide calling
Unlimited SMS and MMS (including international texts)
Caller ID
Enhanced VM
250 MB data
Hello there,

I dont think you are eligible for overpriced SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 or Iphone with the 35$ plans, you have to get a max plan in order to get these smart phones...

Cheers
× < >