Cell Phones

Fido 25% retention discount plus free tablet.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2019 2:09 pm
Jun 16, 2017
146 posts
53 upvotes

Fido 25% retention discount plus free tablet.

So my plan with Fido was BYOD 5GB unlimited TT $50/mo. I called looking to get a better deal and possibly drop my 5GB down to 1.5-2 (I usually use only about 1GB). I was considering switching to PM, Lucky or Freedom, looking to cut my bill down to 35 or 40. So my first call is with Fido - they said they have no plans less than 4GB and that the price for that plan was more than I was paying for 5GB. They basically said I had an awesome plan and they couldn't do any better. I said ok fine, I will be switching for sure. So the rep says, well we could offer you a 25% discount for 1 year (LOL after saying they could do no better) So that gets me down to 37.50 for 5GB. And even though I don't really need 5 GBs there are occasional months were my data needs spikes so even though I was prepared to go lower, it is nice knowing I have way more than enough. And even sweeter is that when I received the email confirmation of this discount, it shows it being good for 2 years, not 1.
Then the rep points out that I had a really awesome "Fido offer" available for me - a free Samsung 8" Tab A and a new line with 4GB per month totally free for 2 years. I was sure there must be a catch but the rep said that it totally free for 24 months. You pay $35 setup in month 1 and that gets credited in month 3. And the $15 monthly charge is credited each month. So I get a free tablet to keep, 4 GB of extra data (which i don't need and will cancel in month 25). There is one catch though - I am now locked in to Fido for 2 years, but I have 9GB for 37.50 a month so I dont mind being locked in.
So a very worthwhile call.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)