Tags:
None
5 replies
Jan 2, 2015
161 posts
98 upvotes
A "limited offer" doesn't make it hot.
It's super cold.
Even with Koodo it's unlimited minutes for the same price, and they have shock free data...
Nov 13, 2016
185 posts
93 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah, this offer is just freezing cold, colder even then the weather outside
Nothing to see here.... still RFD-ing
Feb 24, 2012
61 posts
15 upvotes
TORONTO
This deal is not any better than what Koodo has. But regardless of how hot a Fido deal may be I will never go with them and I never recommend them to a someone I even remotely like. Their billing system has very serious problems. It is not rare for them to push people pay a bill twice. But my experience was even worse than being double charged! I got a SIM from them for the first time and the moment I put it in my phone I got a text message from Fido billing unit saying I owed Fido 50 dollars for having used data over my monthly plan limit! They left a link in their message and asked me to go to that page and sign it to open my access to LTE. The link was to a long text that thanks god I skimmed over before signing and I realized basically it said I would accept to pay them 50 bucks! Obviously I didn’t signed and immediately called Fido CS. The three agents who talked to me were shocked as they opened my file, and saw my plan activation time and the lock on my account but they all said I had to sign that page for the lock to open, otherwise I could never access my data plan, which was rediculous. The day after I went to a Koodo booth and tranferred my number there and since then (over 15 months now) I hav been with them with noooo problem. Later, I told the story to my friends and two of them told me “we did warn you about their billing system”... they were right. I had to pay Fido 25 dollars for SIM and activation to learn listening to orher peoples’ advice!
[OP]
Nov 6, 2017
15 posts
1 upvote
Have been waiting from December for something good from Fido for some time...porting to them from Virgin soon
Oct 26, 2010
965 posts
383 upvotes
Edmonton
They also have $60 6GB plan without having to migrate from Chatr or anything.

Its the $55 500 min 1+2GB GB plan with 1GB bonus + $5 for 2GB
I think the 1000 international minutes are stackable as well