Ongoing Deal Discussion

Fido

[Fido] 2GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract, + tablet with 2 yr contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 9:32 pm
Jun 27, 2017
733 posts
1019 upvotes
GTA
The link above also works with Samsung Tab A 8.0 CPO. Is this better than the ZTE View 4?
Jul 10, 2015
122 posts
131 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
express.items wrote: For those that want the ZTE but are not a Fido customer, you can use this link https://www.fido.ca/phones/zte-grand-x- ... fcwrls-147 I think this should work with any tablet, go through the 'add a line' link then change the URL from flowType=aal to flowType=nac

Not working for me since I can't get past credit evaluation, but has worked for my friend.
It worked for me, thank you so much!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2018
6318 posts
2511 upvotes
does it matter?
express.items wrote: For those that want the ZTE but are not a Fido customer, you can use this link https://www.fido.ca/phones/zte-grand-x- ... fcwrls-147 I think this should work with any tablet, go through the 'add a line' link then change the URL from flowType=aal to flowType=nac

Not working for me since I can't get past credit evaluation, but has worked for my friend.
good work. This will help for many. And also clear the confusion about pricing.
Images
  • fido1.jpg
"Laws for thee but not for me!" I will keep on jet-setting around the world. Spend as much as I can and enjoy vacations Free at Friends estate. Do as I do not as I say. I used to pay for my vacation until I met my hero.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2476 posts
201 upvotes
x8ssJoe wrote: Still no luck...
Same, I tried with different CC, SIN and passport (instead of driver's license), no luck. I ended up live chatting and ordering BYOD $45/3GB data, talk, text plan (I plan on cancelling/portout when I get it).
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Bratcoin wrote: The link above also works with Samsung Tab A 8.0 CPO. Is this better than the ZTE View 4?
There were two models of the Tab A 8.0, introduced a year apart. The earlier one is very slow compared to the later one. If you go with the Tab A 8.0 make sure it's the 2019 model. See https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i ... hone2=9760

I don't have the 8.0 (2019) so can't compare with the ZTE. However the Samsungs tend to be loaded with unremovable bloatware. The ZTE much less so.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jan 12, 2015
155 posts
81 upvotes
Saint-Epiphane, QC
thank you very much for the tutorial about the glitch I managed to get the data only plan for $ 11.25 per month, but I did not manage to add a line (for the free tablet and another 4gb afterwards) is- do I have to wait a few days to be able to add a line to have the free tablet with another sim card + tablet for $ 0 or $ 5.26?
Jul 3, 2017
326 posts
833 upvotes
bylo wrote: There were two models of the Tab A 8.0, introduced a year apart. The earlier one is very slow compared to the later one. If you go with the Tab A 8.0 make sure it's the 2019 model. See https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i ... hone2=9760

I don't have the 8.0 (2019) so can't compare with the ZTE. However the Samsungs tend to be loaded with unremovable bloatware. The ZTE much less so.
The specs say MSM8917 (snapdragon 425), so it's probably not the 2019 model. That said, it's probably still better than the options. The ZTE Grand X View 4 uses a lower tier chipset (SD 215), and ZTE Grand X View 3 has the same chipset, so overall performance should be the same. The samsung tablet also has unofficial lineageos support, if you're into that.
Dec 24, 2014
199 posts
154 upvotes
Locust Hill, ON
Just got the BNIB S20 FE for $10/month as an upgrade to my existing BYOB $45/4gb.

On my tablet plan, I see it being offered for $15/hr, but at check out it wants me to add in a voice plan as well. (lowest i got to was still $45), so price could be ymmv.
Jan 25, 2006
225 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
Hello
I feel a bit dumb since everyone seems able to do this. But, when I open the link I cannot find anywhere it says ‘add a line’. Can someone direct me to that?
Thanks bob
Jan 25, 2006
225 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
nounou23 wrote: Fudge last night I didn't notice your post. I tried to get a tablet online but didn't work so we just took the 4GB @ $10 for month to month... Now I see this.. clicked your link and I can check out with a 5$ plan and free tablet. But I would have to keep it for 2 years..
Sorry this was the quote I was referring to earlier when I said that I could not find the ‘add a line’ link
Thanks bob
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
SoGood wrote: my existing 50% off 4gb/$15 plan was expiring.

they got me back in for another two years.
ZTE Grand X View 4 for FREE

4GB/$10 plan
$5 Credit for taking the tablet.

will be paying $5+tx for 2 years.

Is it odd that they're paying people to take the tablet?
From what I see, they are NOT paying you- you still giving them $5/mo

This compared to others who got it all for free.

Just sayin'...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Jan 25, 2006
225 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal

Not doing well with my quotes. This is actually the one I meant. Can’t find the ‘add a line’ link. Can someone redirect me?
Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5851 posts
5492 upvotes
Calgary
eforblue wrote: Can existing $15 2GB/month plan get this deal?
login to the Fido selfserve website and check
teksavvy sucks
Nov 25, 2019
715 posts
1138 upvotes
YYC
bobcajun wrote: Not doing well with my quotes. This is actually the one I meant. Can’t find the ‘add a line’ link. Can someone redirect me?
Thanks
You'll find add a line option only if you are a existing fido customer and are logged in to you account.

if you are not a customer just follow the link posted for ZTE Grand X View 4 by @express.items

If you need some other tablet, just mention it and someone can give you direct link accordingly.
Freedom 25/year Talk and Text
Lucky $25/month Talk, Text and 8 GB Data
Lucky $20/month Talk, Text and 3 GB Data
CarryTel $29.99 75Down 7Up Mbps
Apr 19, 2002
31 posts
3 upvotes
KumarAjay wrote: You'll find add a line option only if you are a existing fido customer and are logged in to you account.

if you are not a customer just follow the link posted for ZTE Grand X View 4 by @express.items

If you need some other tablet, just mention it and someone can give you direct link accordingly.
Does anybody have the link for the samsung's tablet? I tried https://www.fido.ca/phones/samsungtaba8 ... fcwrls-147 but got to a page to choose phones and not tablet. Thanks
Nov 25, 2019
715 posts
1138 upvotes
YYC
lorak wrote: Does anybody have the link for the samsung's tablet? I tried https://www.fido.ca/phones/samsungtaba8 ... fcwrls-147 but got to a page to choose phones and not tablet. Thanks
Based on you link. it seems you are looking for Samsung Tab A 8.4

Here is the link

https://www.fido.ca/phones/samsung-gala ... =financing
Freedom 25/year Talk and Text
Lucky $25/month Talk, Text and 8 GB Data
Lucky $20/month Talk, Text and 3 GB Data
CarryTel $29.99 75Down 7Up Mbps
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
SamuelNapper wrote: The specs say MSM8917 (snapdragon 425), so it's probably not the 2019 model. That said, it's probably still better than the options. The ZTE Grand X View 4 uses a lower tier chipset (SD 215), and ZTE Grand X View 3 has the same chipset, so overall performance should be the same.
I have the Samsung 2018 and the ZTE GVX4 so I can tell you that the ZTE is definitely faster and definitely an upgrade. It's also on Android 10 while the Samsung 2018 is stuck at Android 8.[*] The ZTE GVX3 is older still so it's not an option if the GVX4 isn't. Besides silly Fido wants more for the 3 than the 4.

The best of the lot is the Samsung Tab A 8.4 (2020) if you can find stock. And of course it's $5/mon cheaper if you can find a CPO.

[*] edit: actually my 2018 is at Android 10 and Jul20 security patch level. H/t to @aasoror
Last edited by bylo on Jul 20th, 2021 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 2, 2008
505 posts
59 upvotes
For anyone order online, how long does it take to receive the confirmation email. I put the order, but have not heard anything from them, and it is also not showing on my account, and wondering if the order went through.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

HammerJoe