Ongoing Deal Discussion

Fido

[Fido] 2GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract, + tablet with 2 yr contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:54 am
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
donbamo wrote: After so much hesitation I finally requested for the free data promo this morning after confirming with the agent that my plan reverts to the $15/3GB after 12 months. I have $90 device balance on each of my three tablet data plans. I got the free data for 12 months for all three lines. Now saving $45 monthly for the next 12 months.

I didn't have to pay the device balance either. I guess it will be added to my next bill next week. Will wait till then.

Thanks to @blackblazer for being the first person to let us know about this promotion here fido-3gb-lte-data-plan-15-byod-no-contr ... #p28929209
donmabo, can you tell me the rep that make this happens for you.
I am in the really same situation (2 lines, 2 balances) than you and also want to step in ...
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
dandeals wrote: Got the deal with Angie yesterday, she's awesome. Still $90 left on balance but does not have to pay it.
But... WHY FIDO IS GIVING FREE DATA FOR 12 MONTHS...IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE???
I agree with you dandeals ...
No idea why they are doing this!
;-)
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
1333 posts
543 upvotes
Kingston
riffr aff wrote: If I sign my wife up for the $15, 3GB plan - is there a waiting period we will need to wait out prior to getting the 12 month unlimited plan?

Also, is the data truly unlimited or does it get throttled back at a specific usage point?
Seems like the 3-month is the requirement.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2007
1023 posts
174 upvotes
GTA ON
I'm a post-paid (non-contract) Fido customer and i've been on the plan for almost a year. Is there a tablet I can get for $0 if i lock myself to term contract, and also get the 1 year $0 plan?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
WL1980 wrote: 1st attempt: Asked to cancel my plan and was told there is still $90 subsidy because of the free tablet but was offered 50% off for 1 year to keep the plan.

2nd attempt: Told CSR friend with same plan was offered 100% rebate for 12 months with unlimited data and asked CSR if I am also eligible. CSR offered same promo but plan will be changed to $15 2GB after the free year. I accepted the offer but wasn't asked to pay off the $90 subsidy.

Hopefully I won't be charged for the $90 when the next statement comes.
is your data plan currently 2 Gb $15? If you are on it , it is reasonable that you get back to 2 Gb a month at $15
Also the subsidey is entirely different matter from the promo we are talking about. The promo does not touch the subsidy at all which remains unchanged
riffr aff wrote: If I sign my wife up for the $15, 3GB plan - is there a waiting period we will need to wait out prior to getting the 12 month unlimited plan?

Also, is the data truly unlimited or does it get throttled back at a specific usage point?
Right now no new ciient get the $15 3 Gb plan. Only 2 Gb plan is available if you qualify.
Last edited by danieltoronto on Feb 27th, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Nov 26, 2017
45 posts
30 upvotes
For people who got the plan with the free LG tablet, is the tablet good? Cannot find a lot of reviews online. Only thing i noticed is that the battery capacity is not that kind of good.

I guess i will only use it for youtube and other basic stuff. If it is not good to use i think i will just go with the ipad option.

Also, can I request the free data for 12 month when I sign up the plan? or i have to wait for several days.
Dec 6, 2012
431 posts
253 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
superbigjay wrote: donmabo, can you tell me the rep that make this happens for you.
I am in the really same situation (2 lines, 2 balances) than you and also want to step in ...
her name is Sarah. I told her she made my day
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
airbreather134 wrote: For people who got the plan with the free LG tablet, is the tablet good? Cannot find a lot of reviews online. Only thing i noticed is that the battery capacity is not that kind of good.

I guess i will only use it for youtube and other basic stuff. If it is not good to use i think i will just go with the ipad option.

Also, can I request the free data for 12 month when I sign up the plan? or i have to wait for several days.
Hmm GPadIII & IV are good in 1080 and 2 T sd card.
I use it exclusively as a media player with zillion MP3 and a lot of MP4/avi in there
Daniel

Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
WL1980 wrote: 2nd attempt: Told CSR friend with same plan was offered 100% rebate for 12 months with unlimited data and asked CSR if I am also eligible.
CSR offered same promo but plan will be changed to $15 2GB after the free year.
danieltoronto wrote: is your data plan currently 2 Gb $15?
If you are on it , it is reasonable that you get back to 2 Gb a month at $15
Also the subsidey is entirely different matter from the promo we are talking about. The promo does not touch the subsidy at all which remains unchanged
Right now no new ciient get the $15 3 Gb plan. Only 2 Gb plan is available if you qualify.
I am also interested to know what was you current plan WL1980? (2GB or 3GB).
If you were on 2GB, then reverting to it, isn't a drawback ... it is only normal as you would simply return to your previous promo...
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
donbamo wrote: her name is Sarah. I told her she made my day
did she mention anything about downsizing your /GB to 2GB after the 12-month promo?
Dec 6, 2012
431 posts
253 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
She said i will be back to my original plan after the 12 months.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
did not contact Fido but did see this on my account. Does this mean i already have it?
Images
  • Untitled.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
superbigjay wrote: I am also interested to know what was you current plan WL1980? (2GB or 3GB).
If you were on 2GB, then reverting to it, isn't a drawback ... it is only normal as you would simply return to your previous promo...
I was on 3GB but he changed it to 2GB then applied to promo so the plan will go back to 2GB.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3254 posts
927 upvotes
Toronto
I just tried to get this promo. I have 3 of these data lines. 2 with tab, one no contract.

Online chat said promo is over and was targeted. I think hes on crack. Trying via FB messenger now.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
yesstyle wrote: did not contact Fido but did see this on my account. Does this mean i already have it?
nope. it says that you are paying 15$ a month (0$ for network and 15$ for data only plan).
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3254 posts
927 upvotes
Toronto
Ok got Chantel and she downgraded two lines to 2 gigs for the free years... And my non contract 3 gig plan stays at 3gig. All three are free for a year... Woot!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
superbigjay wrote: did she mention anything about downsizing your /GB to 2GB after the 12-month promo?
Sarah chatted with me and okayed the chages waived (same as @donbamo).
She did not mention the downshift ( to 2 Gb ) at all.
I have had screenshots of her confirmation
Daniel

Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
danieltoronto wrote: Sarah chatted with me and okayed the chages waived (same as @donbamo).
She did not mention the downshift ( to 2 Gb ) at all.
I have had screenshots of her confirmation
screenshots of the chat window?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
638 upvotes
NORTH YORK
superbigjay wrote: screenshots of the chat window?
I copied the chat as well for my record beside the screenshot (which took a couple of clicks).
That is to cover my backside in case of some dispute
Daniel

Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3527 posts
1367 upvotes
Anjou, QC
ShylocK wrote: I just tried to get this promo. I have 3 of these data lines. 2 with tab, one no contract.

Online chat said promo is over and was targeted. I think hes on crack. Trying via FB messenger now.
Yeah I received a scripted response as well:
There is an abundance of information being spread around the Internet and of course the information has been picked up and ran with, we are at this time not offering a promotion for free data. With that being said, I'd be happy to discuss your current service if you had any questions.
Which of you clowns are mentioning RFD??

:rolleyes:

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

recordman