Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

3GB LTE Data Plan $15/mo IS BACK. Flaming HOT (extended till March 31)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2018 1:30 pm

Poll: For new Fido customers, when did the your billing cycle start (per first bill) ?

• Total votes: 403. You have voted on this poll.
next day after line activation.

50%
2-3 days after line activation.

23%
4-6 days after line activation.

11%
7 or more days after line activation.

16%
Apr 4, 2008
209 posts
458 upvotes
Montreal

[Fido] 3GB LTE Data Plan $15/mo IS BACK. Flaming HOT (extended till March 31)

Get 3GB of tablet data for only $15/month!
For a limited time, get 3GB of data for $15 per month1 when you bring your own tablet or activate a new one.

* Offer ends January 10, 2017; subject to change without notice. A one-time $15 Transaction Fee applies for the processing of your tablet activation.
1. Additional data: $10/1GB, charged in $10 increments.
2. U.S. data roaming is $7.99/50MB for 24 hours and International data roaming is $10/MB for Europe and $15/MB for all other applicable international destinations.

Current fido customer might be able to get $50 ref. credit after three months, don't forget to ask for it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This data SIM comes with a phone number. You can port in your own number. You can make phone call and send Texts with it. BUT phone call is $1 per minute plus $0.45 if it's long distance,
SMS is $0.25 per sent in Canada, $0.45 per sent international and US. Incoming texts are free.

So if you don't need those call and/or texts, either make sure not to make calls or have Fido block incoming + outgoing calls or SMS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mod Edit (02/01/17): 3GB/$15 month-to-month promo extended to 31 March 2017
Mod Edit (01/11/17): 3GB/$15 month-to-month promo extended to 31 January 2017
Mod Edit (01/03/17): tablet promo already expired, 3GB/$15 month-to-month promo still running till Jan 10th.

Credit to Hoob and bomber17 on post#214:

Can confirm your deal is legit through my sales rep friend.
The details of your contract should be 3 things. A $10 Data Only 2 year plan agreement. $10 credit for 2 years. These two pretty much cancels each other out, it's here to make sure you stay for 2 years. Then the $15 3GB plan. It's different than the easy pay plan which is straight up financing.

Reconfirmed with live chat, Dec. 2nd morning:

9:25 AM Francoise: The promotion is like this
9:26 AM Francoise: You take the LG G Pad III 8.0 FHD which is on easy pay $10 per month for 24 months -$10 monthly discount + $15/mo 3gb plan
9:28 AM Francoise: So that means you pay $0 per month on the Pad and $15/mo for the plan
9:28 AM MYNAME: great
9:29 AM Francoise: So you want to do an upgrade? If i understand well, you want to upgrade to LG G Pad 3 8.0 $10/month for 24 month with 10 discount. There will be a $15 administration fee. (Note: UPgrade have to do it within 15 days of the line activation. Otherwise, needs a new line.)
9:30 AM MYNAME: Ok, NP.

Credit to Thatdealguy at post #310.

Plan Number: FCN2DT001 -$10 data only plan 2 year plan !!! Credit to mooomoose
RS010MA0Q - $10 discount for data only plan (auto deployed by system when the fcn2dt001 is added)
DSPSRA1K8 - $15 3 Gb data addon.

On your account, it should show: MBBSHELL. (My account -> Services -> Mobile -> Change Plan)

Credit to SickBeast: How to enable adoptable storage for this tablet which will make your SD card recognized as internal storage which will give you more space to install your apps.

Credit to fatjoe and kingkam92.

On bestbuy flyer, It's Zero dollars with a 50 $ gift card. So overall, with 24mo agreement,
1, $15/mo, 3gb
2, Free Lg Pad III 8.0
3, Bestbuy $50 GC
4, Referral credits $25 or $50.

Mod Reminder: Do not ask for a referral or state that you have one to give. Comments like "PM me for details” or “you’ve got a PM" is also not allowed - you may get an infraction, additionally, sending unsolicited referrals through private message which gets reported will almost certainly earn you an infraction.

Mod Edit:
For the sake of keeping thread as relevant as possible to the plan (and not to lose the hardware related discussion once this thread expires), please post hardware related questions/concerns in the thread below:
lg-g-pad-iii-owners-thread-2065523/
Last edited by aasoror on Dec 1st, 2016 11:38 am, edited 30 times in total.
Thread Summary
Popular questions asked concerning this plan are can the plan do SMS and phone calls. The simple answer is yes to both. However, you might want to ask the agent to block both for you. Both services are pay per use and the fees are punitive at $0.25 per SMS sent and $1.00 per minute on calls.

To get the free G pad, go into a kiosk or fido store. DO NOT CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE OR FIDO LIVECHAT...

This plan appears to be Canada-wide (i.e. free roaming within Canada).

Those needing a cheap unlock code, this eBay seller is a good option. Credit to @ARK for the great find. Turnaround time is really fast. To prevent typing errors, I suggest doing a screen cap of the hardware model and IMEI screens and posting them to the seller via eBay messaging system. That is what I did without issue.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181911357127?ssP ... Track=true

It has been reported that getting this deal via Best Buy can net you a $50 gift card. This is the cherry on top. Make sure to get the BestBuy sales rep. to look for Rogers promotion for the GC. The GC is not an Ad. offer, it's from an internal promo. memo. Thanks to @fatjoe for the tip.

It was mentioned in the OP that adoptable storage is an option for increasing the space for user apps (stock space is 9 gigs which is quite good). I did a benchmark on the internal storage speed and it was not too flattering. Sequential read was at 80 mbytes/s. Sequential write was at 42 mbytes/s. So, adoptable storage isn't going to affect the performance too much. Even mainstream micro sd cards can achieve 80 mbytes/s read speed. Just need to get something a bit better than mainstream to match up to the 42 mbytes/s write speed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added by Bylo 04Dec16/12:15 If you already have the 3GB/$15 data plan with Fido, here's the easiest and fastest way to get the LG G Pad III and $50 Best Buy gift card:

1. Go to Rogers/Fido LG G Pad III 8.0" 16GB Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) LTE Tablet - Indigo Black and reserve for in-store pickup.
2. When you get the pick-up e-mail go to the BB Mobile store.
3. Tell them you want the promo and you've already got a Fido account and are on the 3GB/$15 data plan. Give the agent your Fido account number and phone number. Tell them you want to do a "Device upgrade" to the free LG G Pad. Do not let them terminate your existing plan.
4. They'll get you to sign a whole bunch of contract stuff. It's essentially what you originally agreed to plus the 2-year commitment on the $240 LG G Pad.
5. Check the Account Maintenance Agreement. Mine shows, among other things:
Service Type: Device Upgrade
Customer Telephone: same as I already have

Charge to Fido Acccount: $16.95
Monthly Fees for Month-to-Month Services: $15

One-Time Transaction Fee: $15

No Term Device Price: $240
Less Device Discount: $240
Device Charge: $0
HST/GST: $0
I also checked my Fido online account when I got home. It still shows 3GB/month Mobile Internet Rate Plan at $15.00. They have now added the LG G Pad as "Next Upgrade: December 04, 2018, Upgrade Today Fee: $240.00" which makes sense.
6. You're good to go. Remember to get the $50 gift card. [Added: The $50 GC offer is now on a YMMV basis.]

Note that with an upgrade you won't need a new SIM, you won't need to port your number from the original 3GB/$15 plan and you won't need to cancel the original plan. This upgrade essentially does all of that automatically. The downside, of course, is that you can't do a referral because it's not a new account. Then again if you did, you'd need to keep the referring account alive for 90 days which will eat $45 of the $50 referral.

Bottom line: Best Buy is paying you $35 ($50 GC less $15 activation fee) to get a free LG G Pad. You agree to pay Fido $15 for 2 years. Everything else, including the 3GB/month data and the phone number, stays the same. Some people have reported that it took an hour or more at Best Buy with phone calls to Fido and such to get the paperwork done properly on a "new" account. My "upgrade" took 15 minutes at most.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added by Bylo 17Dec16 at high noon:

aasoror added:
For those getting dinged with a full month charge for first couple of days between activation on billing cycle start, if you have disputed the charges with Fido and they refused to budge please consider filing a complaint with CCTS
GSRee wrote: I chose Line of Business=Wireless Service, and Nature of Complaint=Billing Error.

Details of problem were basically I'm a new customer and was only given 2 of 31 days on my first bill but was charged for the full 31 days.

What steps did I take to resolve was to contact live chat (and it said to be as specific as possible, so I included the back and forth negotiation that live chat and myself went through, with me ultimately declining and indicating I would be filing a complaint instead).

What did Fido say/do I just pointed them to the previous box since I already discussed the negotiation that took place.

My reasonable solution is to refund $14. I also mentioned that they're screwing all new customers and that they should either pro-rate the first month, or set the first month to end 30 days after activation instead of 1-5 days after.
aasoror added:

Here is how proper contract should look like, actual bill will contain a $10 credit, bringing the charges to $15+taxes from $25+taxes (per the contract). Thanks supermaster for the image.

bdaman added:
First bill Explaint (with 2 variable amounts: A.AA & B.BB).

Under "Changes since your last bill", the A.AA amount varies depending on the activation date and billing cycle. If the billing cycle ends on the same date as the activation date, A.AA will be 10.00 X 1/31 (1 day). Both A.AA & 15.00 should be disputed. A.AA should not be charged and 15.00 should be prorated.

Under "Monthly Charges", the 10.00 charge should be credited partially by B.BB and then the rest (10.00-B.BB) should be credited in "Other charges and credits" as "Credit: Tablet Promotion".

The 15.00 "Transaction Fee- Activation" should also appear under "Other charges and credits".
Changes since your last bill <Activation Date> - <End of Dec Billing Cycle>
You added Tablet Promotion
A.AA
You added Mobile Internet Flex Rate Plan
Total changes since your last bill $A.AA+15.00

Monthly Charges
Tablet Promotion 10.00 <Start of Dec Billing Cycle> - <End of Jan Billing Cycle>
Tablet Promotion -B.BB <Start of Dec Billing Cycle> - <End of Jan Billing Cycle>
Total monthly charges $10.00-B.BB

<OMIT>

Other charges and credits
Credit: Tablet Promotion -(10.00-B.BB)
Transaction Fee- Activation - <Activation Date> 15.00
Total other charges and credits $15.00-(10.00-B.BB)
Total before taxes $X.XX
HST (815781448) X.XX
Total $X.XX
will888 added
There is a potential for further discounts on the data deal after 3 months through a 50% loyalty discount for 1 year. A lengthy discussion is available on the Virgin Mobile thread.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/virgin-m ... y-2071435/

aasoror added:
For the sake of keeping thread as relevant as possible to the plan (and not to lose the hardware related discussion once this thread expires), please post hardware related questions/concerns in the thread below:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/lg-g-pad ... d-2065523/
6447 replies
Nov 22, 2012
755 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
Good to know. I have been on this since August and am very satisfied with the LTE speed. Referral credit is $25 after staying 90 days.
Last edited by peteve on Dec 1st, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
NA
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
Nice. Thanks OP.
This will greatly annoy those enterprising Toronto speculators who have been posting on Kijiji asking $300 for this "grandfathered data only plan" which was last offered (without a tablet purchase requirement) as recently as September 2016.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4583 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So we can bring our own iPad/tablet and they will give us the $15/3GB deal?

Any activation fee for SIM Card?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
honggil wrote: So we can bring our own iPad/tablet and they will give us the $15/3GB deal?[...]
Sure, but my impression is that a great majority of those who signed up for this plan are using the SIM in a smartphone, not in a tablet.
Most Fido reps will not insist on you bringing the tablet with you when you sign up. Some Fido reps will charge you $5-$10 for the SIM, but some will give you the SIM at no charge.
Last edited by ahoroba on Dec 1st, 2016 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
ahoroba wrote: Sure, but my impression is that a great majority of those who signed up for this plan are using the SIM in a smartphone, not in a tablet...
I'm currently using this as my primary cell line on an iPhone 6s using Fongo, it works great.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
robbyl wrote: Get 3GB of tablet data for only $15/month!
For a limited time, get 3GB of data for $15 per month1 when you bring your own tablet or activate a new one.

(+) SEE FULL DETAILS
* Offer ends January 10, 2017; subject to change without notice. A one-time $15 Transaction Fee applies for the processing of your tablet activation.
1. Additional data: $10/1GB, charged in $10 increments. Standard roaming charges apply. Taxes extra.
Op can you add the $25 referral credit to your post. When I signed up in August I didn't know about it and missed out.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
213 upvotes
Nice. I got it last time it was announced. 3 months ago. Just now I git the $25 rref Credit. After 3 months. I am planning to buy one more.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Dec 6, 2013
92 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
If you buy Tablet with Easy Pay then you get 4GB(3GB + 1GB Bonus)/month for $15 + Tablet Installment.
May 18, 2016
15 posts
15 upvotes
Just an FYI.
If the SIM is put in a phone and calls are made or taken it's $1 per minute plus $0.45 if it's long distance, so either make sure not to make calls or have Fido block incoming + outgoing calls (This also blocks SMS)
Oct 6, 2008
273 posts
110 upvotes
GTA
Can you use SMS for additional per use fee? Some messinging apps like Signal that normally go through data use an SMS as a verification step.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
514 upvotes
dgnr8 wrote: I'm currently using this as my primary cell line on an iPhone 6s using Fongo, it works great.
I agree this works great on iOS (even the 4s) and android. Sadly my Windows 10 mobile didn't make the cut. Just be aware some wifi signals (eg public schools) block voip including fongo.
Oct 1, 2013
288 posts
64 upvotes
EDMONTON
********* wrote: If you buy Tablet with Easy Pay then you get 4GB(3GB + 1GB Bonus)/month for $15 + Tablet Installment.
How did you get that 1GB bonus? I signed up last week for the iPad Air 2 32 GB with Easy Pay but wasn't aware of the Bonus 1GB. Would be nice to get another GB bonus. Thx
Removed by the RFD Moderation Team
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3658 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
waspinator wrote: Can you use SMS for additional per use fee? Some messinging apps like Signal that normally go through data use an SMS as a verification step.
It is free to receive text, which is great for your purpose.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6893 posts
5575 upvotes
********* wrote: If you buy Tablet with Easy Pay then you get 4GB(3GB + 1GB Bonus)/month for $15 + Tablet Installment.
I don't see anything about a 1gb bonus... How is this obtained?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3658 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
With Fongo, this is the best wireless plan in the market.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Apr 4, 2013
252 posts
37 upvotes
Milton
robbyl wrote:
Current fido customer should be able to get $50 ref. credit after three months, don't forget to ask for it.
Can you please explain what the above means? I'm interested in getting this plan for my in car hotspot.
Mar 3, 2007
364 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
This plan has been working great for me so far! Been on it for 3 months now!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)