Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

3GB LTE Data Plan $15/mo IS BACK. Flaming HOT (extended till March 31)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2018 1:30 pm

Poll: For new Fido customers, when did the your billing cycle start (per first bill) ?

• Total votes: 403. You have voted on this poll.
next day after line activation.

50%
2-3 days after line activation.

23%
4-6 days after line activation.

11%
7 or more days after line activation.

16%
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Kevinck wrote: Since this fido deal started i have a good accidental bill. ...
WOW!!! LOL...well done Sir.

Truly impressed.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6833 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
Kevinck wrote: Since this fido deal started i have a good accidental bill. Accidentaly started a download (rogue app) in the evening the night before my monthly rollover and went to sleep. It used up my 3GB and an additional 5GB ($50 overage fee) before fido automatically cut me off. Then at midnight my new month started and it resumed downloading. Used up my 3Gb for the new montha and an additional 5GB again (another $50 overage) before getting cut off again. All before i woke up.
You win the prize, so far.

Only accident I had was I had to tether a laptop to wifi for a quick test at work, then got distracted for 20 minutes by a coworker. In that time, the laptop synched about 5GB of data from DropBox. Oops.
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1756 posts
385 upvotes
Kevinck wrote: Since this fido deal started i have a good accidental bill. Accidentaly started a download (rogue app) in the evening the night before my monthly rollover and went to sleep. It used up my 3GB and an additional 5GB ($50 overage fee) before fido automatically cut me off. Then at midnight my new month started and it resumed downloading. Used up my 3Gb for the new montha and an additional 5GB again (another $50 overage) before getting cut off again. All before i woke up.
you loss $100 in just 1 dream?..LoL
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
softech wrote: you loss $100 in just 1 dream?..LoL
Imagine the nightmare before the CRTC mandated the $50/month cap on overages. That was no pipedream.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2292 upvotes
Barrie
Not sure if anyone still follows this thread and sorry for nechroing it but just wanted to lets all the folks on here know that if you call in to Fido you can pay of your device balance and then get a code applied to your account that will get you the next 12 months of this service for free.

I just did it two two lines that I activated in Dec 2016
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2429 posts
403 upvotes
RunnerForDeals wrote: Not sure if anyone still follows this thread and sorry for nechroing it but just wanted to lets all the folks on here know that if you call in to Fido you can pay of your device balance and then get a code applied to your account that will get you the next 12 months of this service for free.
Can you give more details? Did you just call in to cancel the plan, and they offered you one year free to keep you? Any strings attached?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2292 upvotes
Barrie
Ya that's all I did. I called in to cancel, they told me that instead of cancelling they could add a code to my account to give me the same service free for 12 months. I said "ok lets do that". They said no problem, I just needed to pay off my device balance. I said ok and paid off the device balance and now have free service for a year.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
GSRee wrote: Can you give more details? Did you just call in to cancel the plan, and they offered you one year free to keep you? Any strings attached?
[Fido] 3GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract starting about a week ago. Lots of details, Also this YMMV as are many Fido offers.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)