Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

3GB LTE Data Plan $15/mo IS BACK. Flaming HOT (extended till March 31)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2018 1:30 pm

Poll: For new Fido customers, when did the your billing cycle start (per first bill) ?

• Total votes: 403. You have voted on this poll.
next day after line activation.

50%
2-3 days after line activation.

23%
4-6 days after line activation.

11%
7 or more days after line activation.

16%
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
X360 wrote: I wonder if you got charge $15/month for Flex data plan for first few days of previous month. Did Fido charge you $15/month for current month? As long as your first month bill around $31.XX ($15 activation fee + $16.XX data) then it sounds right. I don't think we have to call Fido to complain why they charged $15/month for first few days.

fido-3gb-lte-data-plan-15-mo-back-flami ... #p27201877
fido-3gb-lte-data-plan-15-mo-back-flami ... #p27202523
If you got charged a month charge for 1 day of service this means you will be charged for the 25th time on your 24th month of service.
Sep 24, 2012
689 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
I see some folks got the account logins sorted out..Any one else still having issue with logging in to your account/connecting account?
I still keep getting the same We hit a snag..please try again later error..It has been almost a week now and I cannot access the account :(
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
redderflag wrote: I see some folks got the account logins sorted out..Any one else still having issue with logging in to your account/connecting account?
I still keep getting the same We hit a snag..please try again later error..It has been almost a week now and I cannot access the account :(
I am.. I had the CSR I got yesterday try a bunch of things but nothing worked so still waiting.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
2056 posts
347 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
myinglin0318 wrote: Its still on at Best Buy, people are still able to get one this promotion.
is there anything in writing about this promo? an AD or something that says get the $50 BB with activation of tablet?

or can someone scan their receipt that shows they got the $50 BB GC..

I need to show them at Best buy here downtown toronto cause they don't seem to be up to date.
Last edited by yatta on Dec 14th, 2016 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 13, 2005
5147 posts
5846 upvotes
Montreal
chroma_cg wrote: that dec09-jan09 section is the $10 tablet mortgage charge (which cancels out with the tablet promotion discount). thats not your $15 data plan

honestly, if i have used the plan for a week or 2 then i will be fine with the $15 charge. but one day for $15 is abit unfair iMHO

now, if they want to charge us $15 for NEXT MONTH's usage thats fine, but isnt this plan post-paid and not prepaid? also theres no indication that the $15 is for dec-jan
I don't think you get my point. I'm not talking about the Tablet promotion charge or credit. I'm talking about Fido charged us $15/month Flex data for first few days, but they didn't charge anything for Flex data the next 30 days. Since this is postpaid, they have to charge $15/month Flex data for the next 30 days. However, we don't see this charge in our bill. It means they charged us $0 Flex data for the next 30 days.

If you got charged $15/month Flex data for first few days and then another $15/month Flex data for the next 30 days then call Fido and argue the bill.

Compare to the proper partial charge bill as people posted here. You could see that Fido charge them $15/month Flex data for the next 30 days. The result is they will have the similar $3X.XX + tax for the first bill even Fido charged them $0.97 Flex data for Dec 02 - Dec 03 .
ciuvak wrote: my first bill is very clear:
Activation = $15.00
Partial charge Dec 02 - Dec 03 = $0.97
Monthly Charges Dec 04 - Jan 03 = $15.00
Tax = $1.55
TOTAL = $32.52
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
yatta wrote: is there anything in writing about this promo? an AD or something that says get the $500 BB with activation of tablet?

I need to show them at Best buy here downtown toronto cause they don't seem to be up to date.
It's based on the location, the flyer only promises $50 GC for Rogers activation but many BB locations are offering it on Fido as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1862 posts
882 upvotes
Markham
yatta wrote: is there anything in writing about this promo? an AD or something that says get the $500 BB with activation of tablet?

I don't think so, not in writing. I'll take a photo of the receipt for you and PM it to you.
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2007
1707 posts
1456 upvotes
Markham
X360 wrote: I don't think you get my point. I'm not talking about the Tablet promotion charge or credit. I'm talking about Fido charged us $15/month Flex data for first few days, but they didn't charge anything for Flex data the next 30 days. Since this is postpaid, they have to charge $15/month Flex data for the next 30 days. However, we don't see this charge in our bill. It means they charged us $0 Flex data for the next 30 days.

If you got charged $15/month Flex data for first few days and then another $15/month Flex data for the next 30 days then call Fido and argue the bill.

Compare to the proper partial charge bill as people posted here. You could see that Fido charge them $15/month Flex data for the next 30 days. The result is they will have the similar $3X.XX + tax for the first bill even Fido charged them $0.97 Flex data for Dec 02 - Dec 03 .
I think this stems from multiple ways that Fido is setting up these plans. Some people are on Flex plans and some are on "Tablet Plans" with "Data Add on". This may have to do with whether you upgraded your plan or signed on a new plan (with free Tablet).

For those on a "Tablet Plan" Fido is charging a $15 add on that is not Prorated for the first partial month.
Last edited by i3kc on Dec 14th, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 24, 2012
689 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
dealseeker wrote: I am.. I had the CSR I got yesterday try a bunch of things but nothing worked so still waiting.
When did you sign up? I signed up on Dec 8th..They said they logged a case with back office..no resolution yet..

Rant:

I was bracing for billing issues with my bad experience with Rogers earlier..But looks like their subsidary "improved" on Rogers customer service by making the customer feel unwelcome at the Welcome part itself!!
They say they cant even provide me with a contract as I bought it at Bestbuy mobile! And bestbuy mobile says they cannot provide me with a contract and I need to talk to Fido!
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
redderflag wrote: When did you sign up? I signed up on Dec 8th..They said they logged a case with back office..no resolution yet..

Rant:

I was bracing for billing issues with my bad experience with Rogers earlier..But looks like their subsidary "improved" on Rogers customer service by making the customer feel unwelcome at the Welcome part itself!!
They say they cant even provide me with a contract as I bought it at Bestbuy mobile! And bestbuy mobile says they cannot provide me with a contract and I need to talk to Fido!
Looks like we're both dealing with exactly the same issues. I can't get a copy of my contract either. I've checked with Fido and they've confirmed I'm on the right plan so hopefully it's fine. I signed up on Dec 9. The agent told me it may take up to 20 days for a reply from the techs!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1862 posts
882 upvotes
Markham
redderflag wrote: When did you sign up? I signed up on Dec 8th..They said they logged a case with back office..no resolution yet..

Rant:

dealseeker wrote: Looks like we're both dealing with exactly the same issues. I can't get a copy of my contract either. I've checked with Fido and they've confirmed I'm on the right plan so hopefully it's fine. I signed up on Dec 9. The agent told me it may take up to 20 days for a reply from the techs!
False! You can call in to request a physical copy sent to your home address. Just try another rep guys.
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
X360 wrote: I don't think you get my point. I'm not talking about the Tablet promotion charge or credit. I'm talking about Fido charged us $15/month Flex data for first few days, but they didn't charge anything for Flex data the next 30 days. Since this is postpaid, they have to charge $15/month Flex data for the next 30 days. However, we don't see this charge in our bill. It means they charged us $0 Flex data for the next 30 days.
I hope you were right, but people already contacted Fido to complain and they were told that this is indeed full month charge for the first day (s) before the billing cycle started, they were told that Fido charges full rate and doesn't prorate data plans and that would mean they will be charged another $15 on their 25th fill, because this is not a charge to cover next month but a charge to cover the 1 day of service before the billing cycle started. Not right ? yeah sure, beats me why they are doing it that way, base plan should be "pre-charged" and people should have received a bill for 2 months if that was the case, yet perhaps Fido is banking on people not noticing the charges if they just keep on pushing it till the end of contract.
May 1, 2014
151 posts
120 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Is it possible to sign up for this deal but manage to activate it later? I am on the Public Mobile promo which is 3 month prepaid and my cycle is on Feb. 1st
Also, when will the BB gift card promo expire?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
dadashjoun wrote: Is it possible to sign up for this deal but manage to activate it later? I am on the Public Mobile promo which is 3 month prepaid and my cycle is on Feb. 1st
BB offer could expire tomorrow or maybe it'l be extended again. Fido has the deal until the end of the year. Not sure about activating later because from everything being said here Fido begins billing you right away.
Sep 21, 2001
980 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
dadashjoun wrote: Is it possible to sign up for this deal but manage to activate it later? I am on the Public Mobile promo which is 3 month prepaid and my cycle is on Feb. 1st
I was told the activation cannot be started later, but the rep. might have been wrong.

Nobody knows when the BB GC promo will end. Based on the original ad., the $50 GC was supposed to be for getting the tablet under the EasyPay (Financing) plan. However, many BB didn't mind handing out the $50 GC for this promo.
Deal Fanatic
May 13, 2005
5147 posts
5846 upvotes
Montreal
aasoror wrote: that would mean they will be charged another $15 on their 25th bill
I think Fido will be really dumb if they do this because people will see right away that their 25th bills will have kinda double charge ($15/month Flex data for next 30 days and another $15) and everyone could easily see and call Fido to get the charge revert.
Feb 13, 2003
136 posts
14 upvotes
aasoror wrote: I hope you were right, but people already contacted Fido to complain and they were told that this is indeed full month charge for the first day (s) before the billing cycle started, they were told that Fido charges full rate and doesn't prorate data plans and that would mean they will be charged another $15 on their 25th fill, because this is not a charge to cover next month but a charge to cover the 1 day of service before the billing cycle started. Not right ? yeah sure, beats me why they are doing it that way, base plan should be "pre-charged" and people should have received a bill for 2 months if that was the case, yet perhaps Fido is banking on people not noticing the charges if they just keep on pushing it till the end of contract.

Well after my experince with fido. Hopefully my acct is proper.i was charged $0.97 prorated for one day service. The lady at the storeexplai edto meit was prorated. My experience with fido call center is.......they dont know wtf they are selling or servicrs they provide. I had one rep and her supervisor tell me there is no such plans as the free la
G gpad plan im on.
Jan 14, 2009
194 posts
39 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
yatta wrote: is there anything in writing about this promo? an AD or something that says get the $50 BB with activation of tablet?

Search online for Best Buy flyer December 2 to 8 look at page 31
May 4, 2012
126 posts
38 upvotes
Canada
" Fongo (iOS) with Unlimited CAN Texting ($10 - 6 months add-on) + FIDO $15 3GB Tablet Plan = Perfection Smiling Face With Sunglasses"

My question is for Fongo(iOS) users:

I am using Fongo (iOS) on this 3GB plan. I am pretty happy with it except that I have to keep Fongo running in the background otherwise i won't receive incoming calls or incoming texts. I have all notifications and background alerts set on in the application settings. I uninstalled and reinstalled Fongo but it didn't fix the issue. Every time I restart the phone I have to manually start Fongo and leave it running in the background. Once in a while I check on Fongo to see it it is still active and running in the background and not turned off by mistake :). On contrary, TextNow doesn't need all this and it runs smoothly in the background.

Is it working same way for you, Fongo( iOS) users? Is there a workaround to avoid this? Thanks!
Nov 12, 2016
21 posts
14 upvotes
adrrad wrote: " Fongo (iOS) with Unlimited CAN Texting ($10 - 6 months add-on) + FIDO $15 3GB Tablet Plan = Perfection Smiling Face With Sunglasses"

My question is for Fongo(iOS) users:

I am using Fongo (iOS) on this 3GB plan. I am pretty happy with it except that I have to keep Fongo running in the background otherwise i won't receive incoming calls or incoming texts. I have all notifications and background alerts set on in the application settings. I uninstalled and reinstalled Fongo but it didn't fix the issue. Every time I restart the phone I have to manually start Fongo and leave it running in the background. Once in a while I check on Fongo to see it it is still active and running in the background and not turned off by mistake :). On contrary, TextNow doesn't need all this and it runs smoothly in the background.

Is it working same way for you, Fongo( iOS) users? Is there a workaround to avoid this? Thanks!
How's the call quality with FONGO?
I tried them a couple of years ago, and switched to VOIP.ms because of poor call quality.
Koodo | Fido | Public Mobile Customer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)