Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] $45 & $50 BYOD Loyalty Pulse 2GB/3GB (updated YMMV + 2GB free)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 10:37 pm
Tags:
Apr 10, 2012
978 posts
482 upvotes
By next week, the majority of Fido customers who browse RFD will be on the same plan lol.
Jan 22, 2008
63 posts
1124 upvotes
UWOSh7ne wrote:
Mar 6th, 2016 3:32 pm
I know how to switch to Fido and get this deal as a new costumer from other carrier
Can you please share the how-to? Thanks.
Aug 8, 2015
50 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
daydreaming wrote:
Mar 6th, 2016 4:44 pm
Can you please share the how-to? Thanks.
Buy a new chatr number, call Fido Direct, get the plan, port in old number. Cost $34
Feb 13, 2013
62 posts
59 upvotes
Just got my confirmation email and text regarding Spotify. Changed the plan yesterday so it does seem like it takes about 24 hours for the notifications.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
2895 posts
58 upvotes
Home
Tried online chat and was offered $45 2gb plan but she mentioned that 2nd line 10% discount can not be applied.
Anyone here with the second line discount to this plan ?
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Mar 5, 2016
3 posts
Vaughan
johntitor2036 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2016 3:46 pm
They told me that the 10% would stick and I swapped all my plans to this, also in ontario
Thanks for your info , will call fido and try to get my 10% off back
Nov 5, 2011
31 posts
11 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I changed my plan to the $50 for 3gb today via Fido live chat. As OP had suggested, you will have to mention the "Wind competitive price match." I initially started out with retention plan availability, but was immediately denied any benefits.

Once I mentioned Wind, BAM! Give me the options. There is no contract to this change. Also, please use your Fido dollars before June as Fido will be phasing them out.

Thanks OP!

Edit: living in Vancouver BC
Feb 13, 2013
62 posts
59 upvotes
What can we do with these fido dollars? They offered me a Blackberry Classic but I wonder if that meant I'd be put on contract and no longer able to use BYOP deals.
May 23, 2009
767 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver
i really want this plan but im with rogers right now... so there's really no way in getting this as a new customer?
Jun 17, 2009
291 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Nocontact2 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2016 6:28 pm
What can we do with these fido dollars? They offered me a Blackberry Classic but I wonder if that meant I'd be put on contract and no longer able to use BYOP deals.
Use it to buy phone at full price, make sure you pay the phone at off contract price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1487 posts
2559 upvotes
Calgary, AB
chovan wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2016 3:26 pm
Chatting with Fido now, and she's "100% sure" they don't have these plans.

"This was a plan we had before but was removed and someone leaked it again on redflag saying Fido is now offering this and it is the wrong information. " Basically, saying OP is lying. > :(
I guess the rep is the liar now. :)
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Jan 30, 2016
249 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So I asked chat why i didn't get an email apparently it wasn't properly applied by the last agent and this guy said to wait 24hours for an email. My plan will still begin at the end of the current billing cycle.
Mar 4, 2002
217 posts
8 upvotes
Courtenay
Hi,

I got denied this morning, saying my account is not eligible. I am in the Comox Valley of Vancouver Island.
- Brian
Mar 4, 2005
773 posts
93 upvotes
Brampton
ProtossCraft wrote:
Mar 6th, 2016 7:46 pm
i really want this plan but im with rogers right now... so there's really no way in getting this as a new customer?
Rogers is affiliated with Fido. In the past they would allow you to move from one to the other without any penalties. I think it might be the same would be allowed. However, not sure if they would give you the same plan. I would go into a store and talk with a representative and find out! But it a loyalty plan so you might have to call Fido customer care. Might have to call multiple times.
Aug 11, 2013
9 posts
1 upvote
UWOSh7ne wrote:
Mar 6th, 2016 4:56 pm
Buy a new chatr number, call Fido Direct, get the plan, port in old number. Cost $34
No need to be a past customer? Which chatr plan did you get if you don't mind me asking