Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] $45 & $50 BYOD Loyalty Pulse 2GB/3GB (updated YMMV + 2GB free)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 10:37 pm
Tags:
Aug 8, 2015
50 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
arvinderb wrote:
Mar 6th, 2016 9:43 pm
No need to be a past customer? Which chatr plan did you get if you don't mind me asking
Chatr is not like other prepaid carrier, once you are activated, you have to pay the full price of the plan so we definitely prefer the cheapest one which is $20, and with a $10 sim card, the Total plus Tax will be 33.9. So it's like you pay 33.9 to change to a better plan. And also, you may have to call the FidoDirect Consultant to get the Loyalty plan that you like.
Dec 9, 2007
430 posts
36 upvotes
allenzhang wrote:
Mar 5th, 2016 1:06 pm
No problem to get $45 loyalty plan and 10% off for my second line via online chat. Thanks OP
How did you manage to keep the 10% discount?
RFD makes me :lol:
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1992 posts
342 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
deviouSx3 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2016 1:02 am
How did you manage to keep the 10% discount?
It's totally YMMV.
Jul 27, 2015
705 posts
261 upvotes
British Columbia
I currently got 1 line with fido and 2 lines with Rogers ( paying Rogers $155 taxes in.6gig shared. 1 with 18 months left and other no contract) to pay out the 18 month contract is $430.
Very tempted to switch to the $50 BYOP
But is it worth it?
Mar 4, 2005
773 posts
93 upvotes
Brampton
chilli604 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2016 2:56 am
I currently got 1 line with fido and 2 lines with Rogers ( paying Rogers $155 taxes in.6gig shared. 1 with 18 months left and other no contract) to pay out the 18 month contract is $430.
Very tempted to switch to the $50 BYOP
But is it worth it?
Of course it's worth it. It will all depend on other factors as well. Like if you both use the same amount of data in the share plan. If so you can recipient your cost in about 8 months. If you need a phone you will pay out of pocket where rogers would be an upgrade. Not sure how they do the Tab cost on the Fido BYOD plan. So must consider those factors. Don't forget to refer yourself if you switch your rogers accounts to fido.
Feb 25, 2007
251 posts
104 upvotes
Lobloco wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2016 3:45 pm
Im with Fido on MAX plan unlimited calls, 6gb etc $76/month includes a $5 month credit that I had to negotiate.

I called retentions twice since Dec 2015 and no dice getting anything through them. I'm usually really good getting close to what I want.

Each time I mention these offers, they indicate that they don't exist.

My agreement ends June, so most likely I will port out to a better plan. I've been with Fido 10+ years.

Anyone else recently get a Max plan with phone for $ 70/mth? I'd like to see a copy of their bill.

I just tried to renegotiate with Fido yesterday on my wife's line

Currently have
$55
Unlimited calling and text Canada wide
Caller ID
Voicemail
6GB data

Tried to get them to give us a new iPhone 6s Plus 64gb at a subsidized price.

They ended up coming back with the same plan at $75 a month but you get $500 subsidy on the phone. Ends up being a net nothing, really effectively giving us a payment plan on the phone. So that max plan does exist just probably have to keep nagging them if you really need the phone subsidy.

Darn I thought I would be able to get something off them. In Dec I moved to Telus and was able to get $55 for the same plan above plus an IP6s+ 64gb for $330 on a 2 year.

Seems Fido is digging in their heels might just have to buy an Ip6s+ 64gb from Apple for my wife and keep her current plan.
Feb 25, 2007
251 posts
104 upvotes
Mighty Mouse wrote:
Mar 7th, 2016 6:47 am
Of course it's worth it. It will all depend on other factors as well. Like if you both use the same amount of data in the share plan. If so you can recipient your cost in about 8 months. If you need a phone you will pay out of pocket where rogers would be an upgrade. Not sure how they do the Tab cost on the Fido BYOD plan. So must consider those factors. Don't forget to refer yourself if you switch your rogers accounts to fido.
A couple of years ago I switched from Fido to Rogers. I don't know if it still exists but Rogers can get Fido to waive the "cancellation charge". It took a lot of fighting since Fido billed me for $200 to cancel. Ended up getting a Rogers rep to call Fido with me on the line and got everything reversed. However not sure of that still exists.
Nov 13, 2013
83 posts
45 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Hi guys,

Switched over my plan last Thursday and still not updated on the Fido app or webpage. I asked them to pro-rate my old plan as it was mid billing cycle and switch me over to the new one ($50 3GB). Anyone else experiencing a similar message - "we don't have the details of your plan because it was recently changed." Just want to see if other people are in the same boat before I call Fido :) Thanks!
Mar 4, 2005
773 posts
93 upvotes
Brampton
mac_ec wrote:
Mar 7th, 2016 7:27 am
A couple of years ago I switched from Fido to Rogers. I don't know if it still exists but Rogers can get Fido to waive the "cancellation charge". It took a lot of fighting since Fido billed me for $200 to cancel. Ended up getting a Rogers rep to call Fido with me on the line and got everything reversed. However not sure of that still exists.
Yeah they used to do it between each company without issue. I still think it's still being done.
Mar 2, 2013
48 posts
10 upvotes
East York
Hey guys just talked to fido chat and seems that these plans are available for wind to port over to fido...

You are chatting with Hassan.Fido Live Chat
8:56 AM Connecting...
8:56 AM Connected. A Fido representative will be with you shortly.
9:00 AM Support session established with Hassan.
9:00 AM Hassan:
Thank you for choosing Fido
9:01 AM Hassan:
we do offer a plan
The $45 BYOP Pulse plan includes:

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 2 GB (over usage: $5/250 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs)
- Circle Calling™
- Free Daily Vice & Spotify for 2 years
without contract
The $50 BYOP Pulse plan includes:

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 3 GB (over usage: $5/250 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs)
- Circle Calling™
- Free Daily Vice & Spotify for 2 years
45$ or 50$
9:02 AM Me:
thats great, just wanted to confirm if tax is included in that price or is additional? And would these plans be available if I wanted to port my number over?
9:02 AM Hassan:
yes you can import your wind number and the tax is not included
9:03 AM Me:
how long are these plans available for?
9:03 AM Hassan:
there is not expired date so far
9:04 AM Me:
thanks and last question, if i wanted to do this what is the process to get these plans?
9:04 AM Hassan:
visit a store
9:04 AM Hassan:
to under go a credit check
9:04 AM Me:
okay and the stores are able to offer these plans?
9:05 AM Hassan:
yes they have access to them
9:05 AM Me:
great thank you so much
9:05 AM Hassan:
you are welcome :-)
Feb 26, 2015
17 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
they said this plan is for certain customers but then I said "Don't you price match Wind Mobile?" and then I got the plan. Been with Fido for only 4 1/2 months. Toronto.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2007
3051 posts
573 upvotes
Can a new customer sign up with this plan? Or do you need to be an existing Fido customer?
Positive Investing!
Aug 8, 2015
50 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You can buy a chatr to get the plan or you can get the plan now but it will take effect after 3 month
Aug 8, 2015
50 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
blackdragon12 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2016 11:19 am
Can a new customer sign up with this plan? Or do you need to be an existing Fido customer?
You can buy a chatr to get the plan or you can get the plan now but it will take effect after 3 month
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2007
3051 posts
573 upvotes
UWOSh7ne wrote:
Mar 7th, 2016 11:28 am
So what would be the current price then?
Positive Investing!