Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] $45 & $50 BYOD Loyalty Pulse 2GB/3GB (updated YMMV + 2GB free)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 10:37 pm
Tags:
Dec 27, 2011
53 posts
42 upvotes
AMHERSTBURG
Last week I got a text from Fido giving me an extra 2gb data on my current $45 byod plan with Spotify. Don't know why I got it as my wife did not, she actually has been with Fido for years, I have been around 3 years. She started her byod I believe around April and I was around June. I paid out I think around $80 to get off my contract and she was already out of contract. So I don't know why I got it and she didn't but at the same time I have 4gb of data for now ya.
Mar 24, 2005
409 posts
56 upvotes
Ottawa
w0507636 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2016 5:27 pm
Last week I got a text from Fido giving me an extra 2gb data on my current $45 byod plan with Spotify. Don't know why I got it as my wife did not, she actually has been with Fido for years, I have been around 3 years. She started her byod I believe around April and I was around June. I paid out I think around $80 to get off my contract and she was already out of contract. So I don't know why I got it and she didn't but at the same time I have 4gb of data for now ya.
I have the 2gb $45 BYOD Loyalty plan as well and I too got the text. What I noticed was that the text came shortly after I got a text about nearly running out of data for the month.
I wonder if this text is targeted to folks that use most of their data maybe?
Sep 16, 2012
464 posts
284 upvotes
GTA/London
As a heads up, if you have two lines under the same account and one has received the targeted offer, the other one can as well.

Happened to me. My second line (both 45 BYOP) got the text for the 2GB bonus. I then live chatted in, told them to apply it on the other line as well and they did.
💳: Scotia Amex Gold, Rogers WE, PCF WE
Mar 13, 2012
895 posts
440 upvotes
Near You
smartiesummer wrote:
Sep 19th, 2016 3:58 pm
mistytalon wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 3:58 am
meemo wrote:
Sep 6th, 2016 9:56 pm
For the additional 2GB bonus, what is the phone number you'll text back to?

Spoke with a fido rep and said that replying "yes" to it could work. They cannot do it.
I tried this today, and I got a reply back almost immediately saying that unfortunately, you don't qualify for this offer.
Could I ask you what number you replied to? Thanks.
The same one they send out offers on.

You can find screenshots other people posted in this thread; I restored my phone and have since lost the number :$
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel) • Rogers WE • STACK
💰 HSBC PremierTangerineEQ BankMotive
📞 Freedom 13GB/45$ • Google Fi 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Mar 7, 2009
475 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
Got additional 2GB add on, the agent told me it starts immediately....and I logged in to fido.ca the additional 2GB shows under my account.....
wondering if it is supposed to start next billing cycle?
Aug 12, 2008
105 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Did live chat about a week ago and was denied. Called yesterday and had 1GB bonus applied to both lines in my account. One is the $39 600MB plan (still on contract), the other is the $45 2GB BYOP.
Mar 13, 2016
9 posts
2 upvotes
smartiesummer wrote:
Sep 20th, 2016 10:43 am
Got additional 2GB add on, the agent told me it starts immediately....and I logged in to fido.ca the additional 2GB shows under my account.....
wondering if it is supposed to start next billing cycle?
How did u get it? I am currently $50 BYOD for 3 GB, called yesterday and got denied. Was told need to get the bonus message in order to be qualified :(
Mar 7, 2009
475 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
AlwaysAAA wrote:
Sep 20th, 2016 10:55 am

How did u get it? I am currently $50 BYOD for 3 GB, called yesterday and got denied. Was told need to get the bonus message in order to be qualified :(
I got denied several times. Finally got a nice rep to add the promo for me. Keep trying. Good luck!
Apr 30, 2009
520 posts
275 upvotes
GTA
Today retentions said they could not find it. I did not say Wind, just asked for the $50 3GB loyalty plan.
She also refused the $80 10GB plan saying it was targeted.

Only been a customer since the 90s...
Oct 1, 2006
429 posts
73 upvotes
Scarborough, Ontario
Switched to the 2gb 45$ loyalty plan this morning. The rep did not want to find it until I mentioned the 45$ 2gb public mobile plan and said that I would be switching if the Fido loyalty plan was not available....
May 31, 2012
114 posts
26 upvotes
I was already on the $45 byod 2gb plan, no problems doubling it to 4gb for the year.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1482 posts
2551 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks Guys
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !