Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Fido] $45 & $50 BYOD Loyalty Pulse 2GB/3GB (updated YMMV + 2GB free)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 10:37 pm
Tags:
Oct 8, 2010
748 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
Animated wrote:
Sep 21st, 2016 4:24 pm
I was already on the $45 byod 2gb plan, no problems doubling it to 4gb for the year.
did you call in?
Feb 19, 2008
113 posts
45 upvotes
I tried calling in several times and using live chat to get the extra gb of data but I got rejected each time. . I'm on the $50 unlimited talk and text plus 3gb with Spotify. But, today, my text invite to extra data came in....

Hi, it's Fido: @#&$@#, treat yourself-on us! For a limited time, get an extra 2GB of data per month at no extra cost, just like that! Reply YES within the next 5 days to start your bonus data on 04-OCT-2016 for 555-123-1122. Enjoy it as long as you have your current plan until your next phone upgrade for up to 12 months (non-transferable). Questions? http://fido.ca/contactus
Jul 28, 2016
2 posts
Just got the bonus 2GB promo text message for my loyalty plan $45.
I asked Fido online chat representatives, he said "It's part of a campaign to say thank-you to our customers"
Then I asked, does all of my numbers on that account gets the same offer, and he replied "It would only be applicable to the number that received the text".
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18530 posts
1820 upvotes
My wife's $50 3GB loyalty plan (with Spotify and Fido Roam) got the 2GB text last night. I replied YES and it texted back saying it'll start at the next billing cycle.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Aug 30, 2015
483 posts
187 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
amscadding wrote:
Sep 21st, 2016 6:22 pm
I tried calling in several times and using live chat to get the extra gb of data but I got rejected each time. . I'm on the $50 unlimited talk and text plus 3gb with Spotify. But, today, my text invite to extra data came in....

Hi, it's Fido: @#&$@#, treat yourself-on us! For a limited time, get an extra 2GB of data per month at no extra cost, just like that! Reply YES within the next 5 days to start your bonus data on 04-OCT-2016 for 555-123-1122. Enjoy it as long as you have your current plan until your next phone upgrade for up to 12 months (non-transferable). Questions? http://fido.ca/contactus
I got that too but no changes on my account yet
I'm waiting until the end of my billing cycle to check it out
Oct 21, 2009
599 posts
490 upvotes
For anyone who got the text messages: were you'll almost reaching your data limit at the end of the billing cycle?

From what I read people who got the text were reaching their limits
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18530 posts
1820 upvotes
meemo wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 7:24 pm
For anyone who got the text messages: were you'll almost reaching your data limit at the end of the billing cycle?

Got the text with 12 days left in this cycle and only used 618MB out of 3GB (still have 2.4GB).
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2515 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
AlwaysAAA wrote:
Sep 20th, 2016 10:55 am
smartiesummer wrote:
Sep 20th, 2016 10:43 am
Got additional 2GB add on, the agent told me it starts immediately....and I logged in to fido.ca the additional 2GB shows under my account.....
wondering if it is supposed to start next billing cycle?
How did u get it? I am currently $50 BYOD for 3 GB, called yesterday and got denied. Was told need to get the bonus message in order to be qualified :(
You can't get it with the regular BYOD loyalty plan, it has to be the old one with Fido roam + Spotify.
Mar 13, 2016
9 posts
2 upvotes
ashihtaka wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 10:58 pm
AlwaysAAA wrote:
Sep 20th, 2016 10:55 am
smartiesummer wrote:
Sep 20th, 2016 10:43 am
Got additional 2GB add on, the agent told me it starts immediately....and I logged in to fido.ca the additional 2GB shows under my account.....
wondering if it is supposed to start next billing cycle?
How did u get it? I am currently $50 BYOD for 3 GB, called yesterday and got denied. Was told need to get the bonus message in order to be qualified :(
You can't get it with the regular BYOD loyalty plan, it has to be the old one with Fido roam + Spotify.

I think I have this plan, for sure have the Spotify even I never activated it. Will try again tomorrow to find out.
Aug 8, 2014
5 posts
Vancouver, BC
Got the text too. 2gb Boyd 45$. Wasn't near my data limit for the month either.
Oct 21, 2009
599 posts
490 upvotes
Been unsuccessful so far by contacting them directly. One of the fido reps said:
Customers who are eligible for this promotion are informed by text message. The eligibility is not only determined by the price plan as other factors are considered. Other factors are tenure and revenue.
Tenure is the length of time the customer has been with Fido and revenue is the amount spent by the customer so far
I've been with them since 2012, so possibly giving the bonus to older customers?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18530 posts
1820 upvotes
meemo wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 2:10 pm
Been unsuccessful so far by contacting them directly. One of the fido reps said:
Customers who are eligible for this promotion are informed by text message. The eligibility is not only determined by the price plan as other factors are considered. Other factors are tenure and revenue.
Tenure is the length of time the customer has been with Fido and revenue is the amount spent by the customer so far
I've been with them since 2012, so possibly giving the bonus to older customers?
Got the text 2 days ago. Been a customer since November 2015, Black Friday promo. On 3GB BYOD $45 plan with Spotify and Fido Roam. Had 12 days left in the billing cycle and only used 618MB of data.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Oct 25, 2010
517 posts
202 upvotes
If you are on the 50$ 3 gb loyalty byod Spotify plan and get a $5 off second acct discount on it (so that it is $45) you may lose the $5 discount by accepting the extra free gigs as that happened to me. If anyone is able to retain the $5 let me know
Feb 19, 2008
113 posts
45 upvotes
meemo wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 7:24 pm

When I got the text, I was halfway into a new billing cycle and I was way below my limit. But the previous cycle I had blow through my limit, using about 6gb and my limit had been 3gb