• Aug 22nd, 2017 12:28 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1938 posts
1027 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake

[Fido] - $45 Retention plan 3GB LTE data

With all these threads from Freedom Mobile and Public Mobile, I was prompted to call Fido to see if they could offer me anything close. I still believe Public Mobile is a great deal for $40 if you can switch from FM.

Long story short, they offered me at the very end, a $45 Pulse plan with 3 GB of LTE data + Unlimited Canada wide calling, picture, text and video messaging worldwide, circle calling, 6 month Spotify, mini voicemail, 5 separate hours of LTE internet in a billing cycle etc etc.

I will stick with Fido for now until Public Mobile opens it up to all competition. PM has more LTE data + full voicemail for less money.

Hope this helps. Remember, they only offered this to me at the very end of the call. They tried to sell me higher plans before that.

Good luck.
Last edited by StealthFinder on Aug 17th, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest town in Canada
Support local small business
38 replies
Nov 22, 2012
692 posts
419 upvotes
MARKHAM
This is actually not bad.
From RFD:
Self-propelled gas mower for $120 - Sears;
2-stage snowblower for $399 - Lowes;
12GB LTE 90 days unlimited plan for $120 - Public Mobile;
3GB LTE data monthly plan for $15 - Fido.
More to come for sure...
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
1299 posts
637 upvotes
using 2G/$45 loyalty plan for a long time... 3G for Retention plan now, curious about loyalty plan again...
Thx OP, bought 10! :facepalm:
Apr 20, 2017
218 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
The deal is not bad. You can wait to see any hot deal on Black Friday.
Mar 23, 2015
134 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Good deal
I have 2GB+2GB Free for 45 but not Pulse
I wonder if they going to let me switch to this one
May 31, 2016
327 posts
285 upvotes
I posted this on the other thread but you may not even have to call in. It was listed as an exclusive offer in the change my plan section of fido.ca so check it out, could save you some hassle.
Nov 19, 2014
8 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What did you say to the agent? I've always been told that they don't match/compare with FM/PM plans
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3410 posts
556 upvotes
Brampton ON
StealthFinder wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 11:29 am
With all these threads from Freedom Mobile and Public Mobile, I was prompted to call Fido to see if they could offer me anything close. I still believe Public Mobile is a great deal for $40 if you can switch from FM.

Long story short, they offered me at the very end, a $45 Pulse plan with 3 GB of LTE data + Unlimited Canada wide calling, picture, text and video messaging worldwide, circle calling, 6 month Spotify, mini voicemail, 5 separate hours of LTE internet in a billing cycle etc etc.

I will stick with Fido for now until Public Mobile opens it up to all competition. PM has more LTE data + full voicemail for less money.

Hope this helps. Remember, they only offered this to me at the very end of the call. They tried to sell me higher plans before that.

Good luck.
If this one will include phone like the LG G6 or A5 this will be hot deal.
As-salamu alaykum
Freedom Mobile $40 10gb with F&F discount 2yrs Contract ZTE Grand X4
Virgin Mobile $47 4gb 2yrs Contract LGG6
Do A Math Before Signing Contract Buying Phone Outright (this will vary on your plan price & usage)

Apr 12, 2005
11 posts
My 1 year 1gb data bonus is expiring in Sept so I've been shopping for a plan over the last 3 days. I have 300mb and 300min BYOP plan. $39/month - 10% BYOP. They don't give the discount anymore.

I called Fido over two days trying to get the advertised $45 1gb 500min and $5 discount per month for 2 years. Koodo has the similar offer. Best I got yesterday AM was the $5 discount for 6 months and they said they don't price match plans. I was ready to switch to Koodo.

Wife checks her account yesterday afternoon and she has 2gb unlimited voice for $40 on her web login page. She was able to get the plan and passes the phone to me and then I also get the plan. Looks like offers change frequently so you do have to keep calling and checking for new promos.

2gb unlimited voice BYOP for $40/month. I've been with fido for 2 years.

Good luck.
Jul 31, 2014
115 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any other advantage for PULSE Plan other than the 5 hours of free web surfing?

I am on the 4GB/$45 retention plan now, but not PULSE...
May 31, 2016
327 posts
285 upvotes
xuekai87 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 5:20 pm
Any other advantage for PULSE Plan other than the 5 hours of free web surfing?

I am on the 4GB/$45 retention plan now, but not PULSE...
Free Spotify for 6 months ($60 value), Fido roam, line discount should apply since it's not a loyalty plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
1811 posts
1072 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Millenniunn wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 11:33 am
using 2G/$45 loyalty plan for a long time... 3G for Retention plan now, curious about loyalty plan again...
Same here. I tried but none of the retention plans are available to me. They had the nerve to offer an extra GB for $10 more. Fido customer service is going downhill. Time to switch ...
drop a gear and dissapear
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3157 posts
752 upvotes
StealthFinder wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 11:29 am
... 5 separate hours of LTE internet in a billing cycle etc etc.
I keep seeing this 5 hours of internet. What is this and how do they determine which 5 hours you get? Or do they throw in 5 free hours of usage on LTE before they started counting your data usage?
May 31, 2016
327 posts
285 upvotes
bowmah wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 6:19 pm
I keep seeing this 5 hours of internet. What is this and how do they determine which 5 hours you get? Or do they throw in 5 free hours of usage on LTE before they started counting your data usage?
If you sign up there is a program called Databytes. It is 1 hour of unlimited data usage that does not count towards your plan. You can use it once in a 24 hour period, 5 times a billing cycle. You activate it by opening my account app, selecting Databytes, and then shaking your phone. When your hour ends you get a notification so you know you are back on your regular data plan.