Ongoing Deal Discussion

Fido

[Fido] 2GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract, + tablet with 2 yr contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:54 am
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1951 posts
388 upvotes
Try order a CPO Samsung Tab A 8.4 was told back order for 3-4 weeks. so ordered the new one for $5 + $10 plan. but rep offered 100% discount on plan. by the end just pay for the tablet $5 for 24 month.

PROMOTIONS AND DISCOUNTS
Description Amount Duration
Start Date - End Date - Monthly Charges - 24 mths 100.0%
February 14, 2021 - February 13, 2023
5 lines Telus Unlimited 75 CAN-US $30/line, 3 x tablet lines $0. 4 x Visual Voicemail $0. 2 x Samsung Watch5 Pro $0 with $10/m watch plan
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
leadersuper699 wrote: Try order a CPO Samsung Tab A 8.4 was told back order for 3-4 weeks. so ordered the new one for $5 + $10 plan. but rep offered 100% discount on plan. by the end just pay for the tablet $5 for 24 month.
I'd like to understand the mechanics of your order. Did you first order online then talk to a rep via chat or phone?
IOW how did you do it?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
leadersuper699 wrote: Try order a CPO Samsung Tab A 8.4 was told back order for 3-4 weeks. so ordered the new one for $5 + $10 plan. but rep offered 100% discount on plan. by the end just pay for the tablet $5 for 24 month.
I'd like to understand the mechanics of your order. Did you first order online then talk to a rep via chat or phone?
IOW how did you do it?
Jul 22, 2007
177 posts
193 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Hello all. I think I've read somewhere on the thread/forum last week and now I can't remember exactly what page, that instead of this promo (data only), there is another promo for Fido that has text. Does anybody know?
The reason I'm asking this is: I really need a sim with texting (no voice needed) AND small data. Don't ask me why, just that I need those two: Texting and ~200-300MB data. And MUST BE FIDO/ROGERs/GSM/CHATR. I know there are prepaid from child-companies of those, but I hope Fido/Rogers has something before I go Prepaid with those children companies.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20460 upvotes
sintox wrote: Hello all. I think I've read somewhere on the thread/forum last week and now I can't remember exactly what page, that instead of this promo (data only), there is another promo for Fido that has text. Does anybody know?
The reason I'm asking this is: I really need a sim with texting (no voice needed) AND small data. Don't ask me why, just that I need those two: Texting and ~200-300MB data. And MUST BE FIDO/ROGERs/GSM/CHATR. I know there are prepaid from child-companies of those, but I hope Fido/Rogers has something before I go Prepaid with those children companies.
Why don't you get a proper cell plan from the tier 3 brands. I am most familiar with Public Mobile. For $15 ($13 with autopay discount), you get Canada wide 100 minutes, unlimited SMS/MMS, 250 Mbytes. Extra minutes are $5/500 minutes and these don't expire.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Dec 15, 2009
517 posts
84 upvotes
GTA
I have the data & text plan. The text is blocked i have tried not able to receive text. May that just me?.
POCO F3 NFC + Public Mobile $6. Fido data only 4G $0. Ignite internet 1.5G + streaming + 1 Wi Fi Pod $39.99 - 2 years
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2013
1071 posts
780 upvotes
Ontario
will888 wrote: Why don't you get a proper cell plan from the tier 3 brands. I am most familiar with Public Mobile. For $15 ($13 with autopay discount), you get Canada wide 100 minutes, unlimited SMS/MMS, 250 Mbytes. Extra minutes are $5/500 minutes and these don't expire.
Unlimited incoming minutes are also included in that plan
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20460 upvotes
buddshek wrote: Unlimited incoming minutes are also included in that plan
Correct. If you have a dual SIM phone, $13 Public Mobile plan on SIM 1 and at most $10 Fido tablet plan on SIM 2, you have a $13-23 cell plan with 4GB data.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Dec 27, 2020
57 posts
101 upvotes
sintox wrote: Hello all. I think I've read somewhere on the thread/forum last week and now I can't remember exactly what page, that instead of this promo (data only), there is another promo for Fido that has text. Does anybody know?
Are you referring to this post?
Amowagou wrote: The Fido Data & Text Plan including voicemail is also $10 for 4GB. https://www.fido.ca/phones/bring-your-o ... wType=byod Those on the tablet plan but want SMS should switch to this plan.
In fact the SMS doesn't exist in the $10/4GB plan that Amowagou mentioned about.

The $10/4GB plan is a pure data-only plan, its appearing under the "Data & Text" category is totally a system glitch! it means even it's under this category, you still can't have SMS with it, it IS a data-only plan just mistakenly shown in a wrong plan category.

Also if you click on the link in the above quoted post, you'll find that the $10/4GB plan is gone -- although it was still there two days ago -- yes Fido has cleared this glitch now.

As far as your demanding a real Data&Text plan, you'll find in the same above link that Fido has $15/250mb plan, this one does have texting included.

Otherwise I don't see any Data&Text plans under GSM/Rogers/Chart/Zoomer network.
May 29, 2008
652 posts
503 upvotes
How long does it take to get confirmation by email? I signed up for the CPO Samsung tablet + data through my account online Friday night but I haven't received any acknowledgement of my order.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
@aasoror posted some Zoom Data specs a page back.
I switched from wifi to data to see how much the meeting I was wondering about used. Android reported < 300 MB. So Fido would definitely work for 4-5 meetings a month without going over limit.
The plan will meet the needs.
Jul 22, 2007
177 posts
193 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
BINGO. Thanks. That's the post I read tired late one night and didn't think much of it. Could be handy now I realize wouldn't need 4Gb but 300-400Mb AND txt. And MUST BE ROGERS/FIDO and probably their sub-companies.
J8Vanc wrote: Are you referring to this post?

In fact the SMS doesn't exist in the $10/4GB plan that Amowagou mentioned about.

The $10/4GB plan is a pure data-only plan, its appearing under the "Data & Text" category is totally a system glitch! it means even it's under this category, you still can't have SMS with it, it IS a data-only plan just mistakenly shown in a wrong plan category.

Also if you click on the link in the above quoted post, you'll find that the $10/4GB plan is gone -- although it was still there two days ago -- yes Fido has cleared this glitch now.

As far as your demanding a real Data&Text plan, you'll find in the same above link that Fido has $15/250mb plan, this one does have texting included.

Otherwise I don't see any Data&Text plans under GSM/Rogers/Chart/Zoomer network.
Jul 20, 2012
261 posts
161 upvotes
gouki556 wrote: How long does it take to get confirmation by email? I signed up for the CPO Samsung tablet + data through my account online Friday night but I haven't received any acknowledgement of my order.
I ordered yesterday, however I wasn't notified by email nor given an actual order confirmation page. I thought my adblocker might've blocked it, so I did another one right after, and same thing. I reached out to their messenger chat, and they indeed saw the 2 lines I submitted. They were able to cancel one and said "You should expect a confirmation email for the order within 48 business hours following the purchase. As soon as on the package is on the road, you'll also receive a tracking number for the delivery ".

Maybe their system is slow in sending out updates currently. Though I don't think I'd worry about your order not being in the system. You could always do a quick live chat.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
sintox wrote: BINGO. Thanks. That's the post I read tired late one night and didn't think much of it. Could be handy now I realize wouldn't need 4Gb but 300-400Mb AND txt. And MUST BE ROGERS/FIDO and probably their sub-companies.
If running on Rogers operated network is a must you might want to consider coupling the $5 for 4GB from Fido with $10 a month for sending unlimited US/CA text from Speakout (receiving text doesn't need a plan but they charge $2 or so a month for account maintenance).
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
gouki556 wrote: How long does it take to get confirmation by email? I signed up for the CPO Samsung tablet + data through my account online Friday night but I haven't received any acknowledgement of my order.
It seems that unless there is stock in hand they don't send a confirmation email (so nothing when the tablet is on backorder).
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes
aasoror wrote: It seems that unless there is stock in hand they don't send a confirmation email (so nothing when the tablet is on backorder).
Is it safe to attempt to order the CPO Samsung via the ISPU loophole then right now? Finally decided to get this done this week... only for it to go on back order :(
Jan 31, 2008
152 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga
Hi all. Just renewed with Fido tablet plan with the online chat.
Signed up for $10/month for 4 GB, and asked for a ZTE Grand X View 4, where they add a $5 credit for taking it on a 24 month contract.
So, $5 / month for 4 GB! They said I have to pay a $45 fee for contract renewal, so I agreed to pay it. Some of you may be successful having that waived but I just wanted to close the deal.
Hope this info helps someone.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17379 upvotes
Markham
Just finished my 50% discounted 3gb tablet data plan where I was paying $7.50/mth. Are ppl doing a chat and getting another 1 yr or 2 yr extension on that old plan - it's cancelable anytime IIRC?
I don't need 4gb so this new deal is a meh...rather save money with a little less.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
pmdenterprises wrote: So, $5 / month for 4 GB! They said I have to pay a $45 fee for contract renewal, so I agreed to pay it. Some of you may be successful having that waived but I just wanted to close the deal.
Not exactly a deal TBH, you paid $45 despite being able to do the very same thing for free via self-serve (get a ZTE tablet + 4GB data on a two-year contract for $5 all-in right from the website) then chat/call and cancel the original one (also free because cancelation can't be done via self serve).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7781 upvotes
Vancouver
gr8dlr wrote: Just finished my 50% discounted 3gb tablet data plan where I was paying $7.50/mth. Are ppl doing a chat and getting another 1 yr or 2 yr extension on that old plan - it's cancelable anytime IIRC?
I don't need 4gb so this new deal is a meh...rather save money with a little less.
You can get 4GB plus Tablet for about $5.60 (tax in) if you follow the last several pages, OP and Summary... So why settle 3GB @ $7.50 (or $15 at some point later on???)

Even if you think it is "meh" right now, "better safe... " :-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)