http://fido.ca/prepaidoffer
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
December 31, 2013
http://fido.ca/prepaidoffer.
Offer Ends Dec 31.
Stacks with 10% for BYOD.

I switched over from prepaid to $60/2gb plan - 10% off - 50% off = $24/mth until June/2014.

If you prefer to keep your current phone, save an additional 10% off your monthly service fee on Standard plans.3
That’s on top of the 50% discount and will continue for as long as you stay on a month-to-month plan.

Here’s a sweet holiday deal to last through the New Year. For a limited time, as a prepaid customer, get 50% off
your monthly service fee for the first 6 months when you switch to a monthly plan with invoice.
Plus, you can treat yourself to a huge selection of smartphones starting as low as $0.2
30 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2073 posts
1176 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Dammit. I just switched to their standard $39/month (-10%) plan on the 4th. Any way I can get in on this?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1361 posts
89 upvotes
Can I get this if I port into the prepaid now?
Aug 15, 2013
334 posts
84 upvotes
Guelph
bigbug wrote:
Dec 8th, 2013 11:10 pm
Can I get this if I port into the prepaid now?
+1. also, is there any agreement for past the six months or can i cancel it anytime without any charges if i bring my own device.
Aug 26, 2012
719 posts
153 upvotes
Assuming this is prepaid with Fido and not other carriers
:cry:
Would have been a nice gift for the parents if that was the case. They are on bell prepaid. Loyal customers and suckers for 5+ years Lol

God help them.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
2567 posts
423 upvotes
Yeah I don't see anything about having to be a prepaid customer as of Dec 1st or anything like that....
Jan 26, 2010
407 posts
45 upvotes
Don't fully understand this deal, if i'm currently on a month-to-month (with BYOP 10% discount), I can sign up for a contract and get 50% off for the first 6 months? Or I can just take advantage of this deal without signing a contract? Their wording of a 'monthly plan' confuses me
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2357 posts
284 upvotes
Joliette
Studystand wrote:
Dec 9th, 2013 12:24 am
Don't fully understand this deal, if i'm currently on a month-to-month (with BYOP 10% discount), I can sign up for a contract and get 50% off for the first 6 months? Or I can just take advantage of this deal without signing a contract? Their wording of a 'monthly plan' confuses me
The deal only works if you're switching from pre-paid to post-paid
Nov 27, 2004
98 posts
7 upvotes
I'm interested in this promo, but this offer seems to be targetted. Here's the TOC.

Offer ends on December 31, 2013, subject to change without notice.*1. Non-transferable offer, applies only to named recipient. Discount applies only to monthly service fee of plan, posted to invoice for six (6) consecutive months (account must still be active). Offer available on any in-market plan, with or without a Tab24 agreement.2. Price shown with new activation of a Smart plan on a 2-year Tab24 agreement. Device savings recovery fees and/or service deactivation fee apply according to the terms of your agreement. Taxes extra. Subject to the Fido Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy available at*fido.ca/terms.*3. Discount applies only to monthly service fee of Standard plans and will end if you upgrade your phone on a Tab24 agreement.Device Savings Recovery Fee*(applicable to Term Services only).*A Device Savings Recovery Fee (DSRF) applies if you were given an economic inducement when you agreed to your new term, and if, for any reason, your service or your new term is terminated prior to the end of the term of your Agreement (Fido Agreement Term). The DSRF is equal to the economic inducement multiplied by the number of months remaining in your Fido Agreement Term divided by the total number of months of your Fido Agreement Term (plus applicable taxes). In other words,*DSRF = Economic Inducement x # months left in your Fido Agreement Term ÷ Total # months in your Fido Agreement Term + applicable taxes.An Additional Device Savings Recovery Fee (ADSRF) also applies if, for any reason, your data option, or your data option’s commitment term (Data Term), is terminated prior to the end of your Data Term. The ADSRF is based on the additional economic inducement you received for subscribing to your data option, is calculated using the same formula used to calculate the DSRF (but substituting Economic Inducement with Additional Economic Inducement and Fido Agreement Term with Data Term), and applies in addition to the DSRF for termination of your Agreement.*If you subscribe to a plan combining both voice and data services, both the DSRF and the ADSRF apply.*©2013 Fido Solutions
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
5395 posts
6915 upvotes
Is there any contract for on BYOP in order to get the 50% off for 6 months?
If not, people can just leave after 6 months...
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly payment.
3x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Koodo $25 plan
1x Mobilicity $29 plan, 1x 7-11 Speakout, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
5395 posts
6915 upvotes
Toni wrote:
Dec 9th, 2013 2:44 am
I'm interested in this promo, but this offer seems to be targetted. Here's the TOC.

Offer ends on December 31, 2013, subject to change without notice.*1. Non-transferable offer, applies only to named recipient. Discount applies only to monthly service fee of plan, posted to invoice for six (6) consecutive months (account must still be active)...
If this is targeted, there is no point to get on prepaid for a day or two before switching to the postpaid.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly payment.
3x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Koodo $25 plan
1x Mobilicity $29 plan, 1x 7-11 Speakout, $0 FPL home phone
Aug 1, 2012
516 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga
How much does it cost to sign-up for a pre-paid service with Fido?
May 22, 2013
17 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
It sounds like they want to get people off the pre-paid plans. So to get this deal we'd have to have/signup for at least 1 month of the cheapest pre-paid, then switch to a monthly plan and get this deal.

Then, if we stick with monthly for 6 months, we get the price reduction. Not sure how they bill for the first 6 months though.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4179 posts
151 upvotes
Too bad I still have over $200 on my prepaid phone (backup phone).. If that can transfer to monthly plan, I would probably switch to this
Aug 1, 2012
516 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga
thehockeyguy wrote:
Dec 9th, 2013 6:58 pm
Too bad I still have over $200 on my prepaid phone (backup phone).. If that can transfer to monthly plan, I would probably switch to this
It seems they will..

"We’ll transfer your prepaid and FidoDOLLARSTM balances to your new account"
× < >