Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

$50 Promo Plan w/ 2GB data, Unimited talk + text

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2016 7:25 am
Oct 9, 2014
12 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Fido] $50 Promo Plan w/ 2GB data, Unimited talk + text

This deal is only available to new Fido customers who are switching from another carrier- I was told it's targeted at Chatr customers but I'm with Wind and got the deal. Mobilicity is unconfirmed.

Walked into a Fido store today to talk about switching to their service and was told by the representative that, starting today, they are offering a promotional version of their $60 BYOP data, talk and text plan for $50 a month, plus it comes with unlimited minutes (instead of 1000). If you're on Wind and not satisfied with the coverage (and can live with a data cap) it's probably worth checking out!

I brought a phone, so whether or not the deal is good for those who want to upgrade I cannot say
50 replies
Jun 21, 2012
508 posts
57 upvotes
Windsor
What about plans with more data, do they have a deal on those too?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1708 posts
334 upvotes
lol
so roger's owned fido, use this deal to target at chatr which is also owned by rogers, and also mobilicity, which is also owned by rogers? :facepalm:
you were told by who? are you informed?
from the look of it, you are a shill that is trying to lure wind user into this "deal" :rolleyes:

Btw, I am a mobilicity user, Fido will need to put in double effort to halves that price for me to join immediately (even though i know Roger is probably going to ***** at mobilicity user by the end of summer and void all their contracts and get a bunch of possible class action after)
Jun 2, 2016
175 posts
60 upvotes
If FIDO is offering this then I'm sure Koodo will match it soon. I am with Fido but Koodo is much better in terms of buying a phone. Most of the time you can get decent phones for under $400 plus gift cards from retailers but you rarely get this kind of deal with Fido.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1510 posts
994 upvotes
CALGARY
Is it even in AB? or just ON?
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
3030 posts
348 upvotes
is this advertised somewhere?

How do I get this if I'm with rogers?
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Is there a cheaper option? Like 1gb for $40 but still unlimited minutes.
Oct 9, 2014
12 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cec4111 - I am in ON, so I can't speak for other provinces.

I wish there were more data included, but I'm just trying it out to see what it's like.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2014
1044 posts
551 upvotes
and if you're already with Fido you get screw-diddle-dee-dooed, yes neighboureeno?
Jul 27, 2009
785 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
paul29m wrote: and if you're already with Fido you get screw-diddle-dee-dooed, yes neighboureeno?
lel thanked for the laugh!
May 28, 2013
174 posts
185 upvotes
Anyone know if this is available for customers switching from Rogers?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
okano wrote: lol
so roger's owned fido, use this deal to target at chatr which is also owned by rogers, and also mobilicity, which is also owned by rogers? :facepalm:
That's what I thought too, but then knowing that it is greedy Rogers, their plan is to switch people from their prepaid Chatr/Mobilicity service to postpaid Fido, so they always have the ability to tack on additional charges and rip off customers.

BTW, I am also with Mobilicity and I am waiting to see how they are going to rip off Mobilicity customers come end of August.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
2171 posts
874 upvotes
Quebec already has 2gb at 50 so I was hoping to see some deal but nada. I hope they will anounce 1gb at 34 again at the end of August for back to school like last yr.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
2344 posts
131 upvotes
kulb wrote: That's what I thought too, but then knowing that it is greedy Rogers, their plan is to switch people from their prepaid Chatr/Mobilicity service to postpaid Fido, so they always have the ability to tack on additional charges and rip off customers.

BTW, I am also with Mobilicity and I am waiting to see how they are going to rip off Mobilicity customers come end of August.
what's the problem? simply don't use it, if you feel being ripped off.
I think this deal is very YMMV.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
2101 posts
799 upvotes
ORLEANS
That is good plan will switch. Does it come with spotify? I was on the $45 unlimited canada wide and 1gb from virgin. But they raised it to $50. Will switch for an extra gb
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1708 posts
334 upvotes
kulb wrote: That's what I thought too, but then knowing that it is greedy Rogers, their plan is to switch people from their prepaid Chatr/Mobilicity service to postpaid Fido, so they always have the ability to tack on additional charges and rip off customers.

class action pending? lol
Aug 12, 2012
8 posts
Markham
Does Fido add service fees each month? What about activation and SIM cards? I'm currently with Wind, but find the service so patchy I would like to switch. But if $50/month soon becomes 58.95+HST with other fees.... Then I'm happy with my $35 all in plan.
May 14, 2013
245 posts
212 upvotes
Ottawa
brennan07 wrote: Does Fido add service fees each month? What about activation and SIM cards? I'm currently with Wind, but find the service so patchy I would like to switch. But if $50/month soon becomes 58.95+HST with other fees.... Then I'm happy with my $35 all in plan.
Fido does not add service fees and do not prorate you either. I was with them up until a few months ago (switched to Koodo because of a better offering). The SIM card should be about $10+tax (pretty standard I would say). As for the activation fee, I started out as a second line on another account, so I have no idea.
Jul 20, 2007
692 posts
260 upvotes
Aurora
How is the reception?
I am using Wind and wanted to switch to a carrier w better reception w 2gb.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1838 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
schung796 wrote: Fido does not add service fees and do not prorate you either. I was with them up until a few months ago (switched to Koodo because of a better offering). The SIM card should be about $10+tax (pretty standard I would say). As for the activation fee, I started out as a second line on another account, so I have no idea.
If you get your SIM card from Fido store, you need to pay $10 for it
but if you call fido and ask them send you a SIM card, it's FREE

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)