Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Fido: 6gb for 44$: might be Québec only

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2017 6:12 pm
Tags:
Jun 3, 2004
935 posts
448 upvotes
MTL
DTMLY00 wrote: It should be a pulse plan...check the screen shot i posted on the first page.
It is a Pulse plan, as the agent confirmed to me:
The plan comes with
Data
- 6GB
Minutes
- Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
Features
- Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, US and international numbers
- Call Display
- Call Waiting
- Circle Calling
- Mini Voicemail

Fido Pulse Plan Benefits
• 5 free hours of data (1 hour, 5 times per billing cycle) with Data Bytes
• Fido Roam
• Compatible with Spotify Premium offers
The data overage rate is $10 per 500 Mb
Dec 21, 2016
198 posts
121 upvotes
TechGuyMTL wrote: Not just Quebec City. I'm in Montreal and was just offered this plan. The agent put it on hold on my account for the next 7 days, giving me the chance to decide if I want it.
Sorry. I meant Quebec Provence.
Apr 15, 2009
328 posts
107 upvotes
smelldonut wrote: I just chatted with the live chat. I didn't receive an email for the deal.
But I just told them I want the loyalty plan 44$/6gb pulse plan. They changed it for me without any problem.
What did you tell them?
I tried to change my mom's account, but they told me only plan available for 6gb is 49$.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
1300 posts
2445 upvotes
black_bull_to wrote: I called. The rep said there is no plan for $44 for 6 gb. I am in ontario.
I asked for $55 for 6gb plan. The rep said my account is not eligible for this lotalty plan. The system automatically choose who is going to get the plan. 15 yrs with fido.. And I am not eligible.
I don't think that's necessarily true. I called Monday and I was also shutdown, told me I'm not eligible. Went on Live Chat on Tuesday and the guy got me the plan. Look at my post below:
fatcowxlive wrote: I got a similar plan to you guys. I tried last week Friday and got shut down over the phone. I tried today for fun over live chat and got in touch with a guy, who offered me initially $75 for 6GB pulse. I told him that won't fly because I have an offer on the table from Koodo which is $50 for 6GB and I could always switch to Freedom who have $49/month for 6GB. He came back and told me he will extend the current 2GB bonus on my account for 2 years (My base plan is 3GB Pulse for $57/month, so it would be 5GB for 2 years). I told him no, I have an account for 10+ years and also my "co-worker" has a $55 6GB Pulse plan. He came back with this plan:

It doesn't come with the 1000 LD minutes but I have no one that I would talk to internationally that isn't occasional call I make on whatsapp so it's not a deal breaker.

It's also worth noting that this plan wasn't showing up for me as a loyalty plan online. I only had the $75 6GB plan and $85 10GB plan. So I guess it is truly YMMV. Be nice and patient and if you can't get the deal, hang up and try again later I guess, that's what I did at least! Good luck guys!
And this was the plan I got
The Loyalty $55 Data, Talk & Text Pulse plan comes with:

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 6 GB (over usage: $7/100 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™
- Fido Roam™
- Discover Spotify for up to 6 months
- 5 FREE hours of data (1 hour, 5 times per billing cycle) with Data Bytes™

This is a BYOP plan. Note that, should you wish to get an agreement later on, you'll have to change the plan.
Last edited by fatcowxlive on Aug 18th, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1880 posts
2185 upvotes
Why does Quebec often gets better deal than elsewhere?
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Jun 3, 2004
935 posts
448 upvotes
MTL
CCHIPSS wrote: Why does Quebec often gets better deal than elsewhere?
Because we're so loved by everyone? *sarcastic grin*
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
There exists a large carrier in Quebec that is well established and not part of the Roger/Bell/Telus cartel but is as well deployed and established as the big 3 in their region. This is true in every region in Canada that has better pricing. Quebec, Thunder Bay, Saskatchewan and formerly Manitoba.
Jun 20, 2017
53 posts
14 upvotes
Called Fido and I'm not eligible for the deal.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9298 posts
10312 upvotes
ceredon wrote: There exists a large carrier in Quebec that is well established and not part of the Roger/Bell/Telus cartel but is as well deployed and established as the big 3 in their region. This is true in every region in Canada that has better pricing. Quebec, Thunder Bay, Saskatchewan and formerly Manitoba.
One of the very few things I'm thankful to Mr. Péladeau for.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
Ehh...because we pay more back through taxes?
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Aug 13, 2017
67 posts
12 upvotes
Richmond, BC
AlexJosh wrote: Ehh...because we pay more back through taxes?
Did not know...
1. Find a deal
2. Price Match at a competitor
3. Buy gift cards at a discount for said competitor

The "RFD Natural Hat Trick"
Dec 29, 2004
87 posts
8 upvotes
Montr
Cause we have Videotron & therefore it disrupts the Monopoly that you have in the other provinces.
This is what a competitive market should look like.
Same thing happens with the Gas monopoly ... notice no more good prices since PetroCanada (crown corporation) was sold off to private companies.... now the whole game is rigged...
Mar 8, 2011
18 posts
3 upvotes
bofh wrote: I just checked My Account and if you change plan, the $44 plan is listed as an "Exclusive" plan. One thing to note is that this is not a Pulse plan so it does not include the 5 hour data of data, spotify, and fido roam. The $49 plan includes those features.

I did not get the e-mail, but I am located in Quebec.
My gf got the email and i just told them i want that pulse plan. Here's a picture:
pulse.JPG
Mar 8, 2011
18 posts
3 upvotes
Rockabilly wrote: What did you tell them?
I tried to change my mom's account, but they told me only plan available for 6gb is 49$.
I just told them I want that pulse plan and they gave it to me. Maybe try another rep?
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
I remember when Videotron started their new promotion $49/6GB, $56/8GB, every other carriers followed suit 2 days later in response. Now those rates are pretty much standard now for QC resident.
Aug 17, 2017
3 posts
11 upvotes
Did not getting any emails or such from Fido. Contacted Fido after seeing this post, and the Fido rep gave it to me without even asking any questions, not sure how they select which customers to give this offer to, but it is certainly ONLY in QC.

P.S. It is "The Loyalty $44 Data, Talk & Text Pulse plan"
Apr 6, 2008
241 posts
62 upvotes
Montreal, QC
bofh wrote: I just checked My Account and if you change plan, the $44 plan is listed as an "Exclusive" plan. One thing to note is that this is not a Pulse plan so it does not include the 5 hour data of data, spotify, and fido roam. The $49 plan includes those features.

I did not get the e-mail, but I am located in Quebec.
I check my account. I have 3 lines, One line offered the exclusive Plan $44 /6GB Second account Nothing (both have the same 34/2gb plan) and my third account (200 minutes talk only for $19) has an exclusive plan offered $30/1Gb Unlimited talking Canada I'm in Quebec
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1718 posts
1755 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
awesome deal for a 6GB data plan, guess it's BYOD plan

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)