Tags:
None
Oct 25, 2011
3 posts
Montreal

Fido - after 3 months phone doesn't work

Hi,

Can someone please explain what should I do in this case:

At September 2015 I got my new Microsoft Lumia 830 from Fido, and by December this phone doesn't work. I went to Fido store and they said they will have to send it to manufacturer for repair. Now they brought the phone with a mention '' Identified faults out of warranty and the repair cost exceeds the cost of the handset''!!! I called Fido and they said you have two options : use an old phone or buy a new one!!! so please try to explain to me because in my opinion I'm being screwed

Thanks
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15194 posts
4376 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
^^ "Identified faults out of warranty" may mean that the damage found isn't part of the warranty coverage.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
That's why iphone/apple has the best warranty in the business. May not have the latest and greatest (Shhh... like android) but they really try to help resolve an issue at genius bar. If not they give you a new one, point blank.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4351 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: That's why iphone/apple has the best warranty in the business. May not have the latest and greatest (Shhh... like android) but they really try to help resolve an issue at genius bar. If not they give you a new one, point blank.
Yeah they gave me a new/refurbished iPhone 5S right there on the spot, took less than 2 minutes.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14952 posts
213319 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Apple, that depends on the situation. I remember the power button broke (I really have to push it hard to turn it on) at one point and "geniuses" at Apple says my phone isn't worth repairing and I have to go ahead a buy another one at full cost, even through the phone is well taken care of and the only thing is the power button (wear and tear). Like, WTF, who design a phone that can't be simply repaired for a little button?

Ju Leon...
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4909 posts
3829 upvotes
Edmonton
You need an explanation for "faults out of warranty".
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
3203 posts
1092 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
starchoice wrote: You need an explanation for "faults out of warranty".
... and if it is a warranty issue but your time has expired perhaps your credit card has extended warranty privilege.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7607 posts
5668 upvotes
Ottawa
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

Apple, that depends on the situation. I remember the power button broke (I really have to push it hard to turn it on) at one point and "geniuses" at Apple says my phone isn't worth repairing and I have to go ahead a buy another one at full cost, even through the phone is well taken care of and the only thing is the power button (wear and tear). Like, WTF, who design a phone that can't be simply repaired for a little button?

Ju Leon...
You can repair it by yourself , I replaced broken ip5 screen by myself, so easy, cost me $30 for the screen.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14952 posts
213319 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

I'm not good with those kind of things. I try to fix a camera before and in the end, I couldn't put it back together. *lol*

Ju Leon...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)