Ongoing Deal Discussion

Fido

[Fido] 2GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract, + tablet with 2 yr contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:54 am
Mar 14, 2014
301 posts
193 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Guys. Did any one checked this on Android or Iphone. I am planning to cut my mobile bill. Can I use this sim for data only on my nexus 6p. Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
Prasprime wrote: Guys. Did any one checked this on Android or Iphone. I am planning to cut my mobile bill. Can I use this sim for data only on my nexus 6p. Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can. There's plenty of information in this thread as well as previous ones.
Feb 29, 2016
54 posts
4 upvotes
Mickey21444 wrote: LG G Pad III.

Yes, it only costs $20 at Costco and you get the $75 gift card.
Did anyone get this deal in Ottawa location. Merivale Costco denied me .
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
rjames123 wrote: Did anyone get this deal in Ottawa location. Merivale Costco denied me .
?? are they advertising it there?
[removed for signature violation]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
Prasprime wrote: Guys. Did any one checked this on Android or Iphone. I am planning to cut my mobile bill. Can I use this sim for data only on my nexus 6p. Thanks in advance.
I've posted a few times and I am using this as my standalone cell line with Fongo on my iPhone 6s. I started using it in august on an iPhone 5, both work great. My suggestion to everyone is to download the Fongo app now, forward your cell line to it and try it for a few days. If you like it, make the switch.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
Have any existing 3gb/$15 a month users been successful getting Fido to add a second tablet line at 50% off?

I have gone over twice since August so the back up sim might be a good idea.

Just a heads up, the second time I went over was last month and it was 2 days before my billing cycle rolled over. My usage on the Fido app is usually updated pretty quick, but there was a more than 24 hour delay this time. The minute I received the you are at 100% text I had also gone over already.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
dgnr8 wrote: Have any existing 3gb/$15 a month users been successful getting Fido to add a second tablet line at 50% off?
Thats not how it supposed to work, once you keep the new line for 90 days you call and "try" to get 50% off for 12 months on that line. Not sure whats the incentive for those already locked in a two year contract but I guess it wont hurt trying.
Banned
Apr 11, 2012
870 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
dgnr8 wrote: Have any existing 3gb/$15 a month users been successful getting Fido to add a second tablet line at 50% off?

I have gone over twice since August so the back up sim might be a good idea.

Just a heads up, the second time I went over was last month and it was 2 days before my billing cycle rolled over. My usage on the Fido app is usually updated pretty quick, but there was a more than 24 hour delay this time. The minute I received the you are at 100% text I had also gone over already.
I think it would be best if you install the "my data manager" app and add it as a widget in your daily view.
Images
  • IMG_0480.PNG
Mar 6, 2017
35 posts
6 upvotes
Anyone had any luck getting the 50% loyalty discount recently?
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2004
1412 posts
563 upvotes

Do I need to be a Costco member to get in on this ?
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
bravo90078 wrote: Anyone had any luck getting the 50% loyalty discount recently?
I did and it was a no go. I do have a device subsidy left to run down so that's usually the reason they turn people like me down.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2723 posts
2772 upvotes
Toronto

I don't have a Costco membership but my friend does. If I go with him, would I be able to sign up for it under my name and stuff?

Because Costcos super strict about non-members purchasing stuff. I tried getting them to give us separate receipts once when we were buying stuff, and they were very strict about it and made things so complicated lol.

They wouldn't even let me pay with my card.
Last edited by BengaliPrince on Mar 7th, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 15, 2006
73 posts
36 upvotes
Has anyone noticed bad cell reception? I get 2 bars indoors at most and sometimes nothing in say Walmart or a mall. Outdoors is typically fine but in certain areas it can drop down to 2 bars. I've tried this in Ottawa, Toronto and London using a Note 3.
Banned
Apr 11, 2012
870 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
sqrlz wrote: Has anyone noticed bad cell reception? I get 2 bars indoors at most and sometimes nothing in say Walmart or a mall. Outdoors is typically fine but in certain areas it can drop down to 2 bars. I've tried this in Ottawa, Toronto and London using a Note 3.
When I had a Note 3, I had similar problems where the signal bars weren;t exactly great. YMMV though as it could just have been mine.

I keep this app installed to check the towers in any area if its low -
TowerLocator Canada iPhone
TowerLocator Canada Android
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3793 posts
2617 upvotes
Montreal
sqrlz wrote: Has anyone noticed bad cell reception? I get 2 bars indoors at most and sometimes nothing in say Walmart or a mall. Outdoors is typically fine but in certain areas it can drop down to 2 bars. I've tried this in Ottawa, Toronto and London using a Note 3.
I don't think that's normal. Try another phone.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote: I don't have a Costco membership but my friend does. If I go with him, would I be able to sign up for it under my name and stuff?

Because Costcos super strict about non-members purchasing stuff. I tried getting them to give us separate receipts once when we were buying stuff, and they were very strict about it and made things so complicated lol.

They wouldn't even let me pay with my card.
I went to inquire about the deal as a second line (I already have one tablet plan with Fido and I'm not a Costco card holder) they were fine with it.
Mar 14, 2014
301 posts
193 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Saskatoon Costco said they have no tablets. Too bad. :(
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote: Awesome I'll head to Costco later this week to sign up.
1. call to check your stock before you go
2. if you are referring yourself also generate the code before you go
Oct 6, 2015
150 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hi folks,

I wanted to get this plan to use as a backup internet for my home, I need some sort of a "LTE Router" that has a wired connection to my home router. I cannot use a Sierra Wireless Hotspot, because there are devices in my home that does not have wifi. The only rocket hub that I know of is the Rogers ZTE Rocket Hub. Would the SIM provided by Fido work with the Rogers Hub (is it locked?). Can anyone suggest any alternative device I can get that will take the Fido SIM and has a wired connection?

Thanks

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)