• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2017 4:27 pm
Nov 25, 2003
986 posts
375 upvotes
Vancouver
SylvainQC wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 8:00 pm
Went back Saturday to Fido store, again Fido rep said he can sell the LG Pad III at $0 on a 2-year data plan (2GB 15$) and he can activate it to non-Fido client until he get out of stock.
Where is this store? I know someone who could use this offer.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Nov 25, 2003
986 posts
375 upvotes
Vancouver
You are not helping. I know how to find the Fido store locator. My question was: "Where is the store you are talking about"? This one:
SylvainQC wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 8:00 pm
Went back Saturday to Fido store, again Fido rep said he can sell the LG Pad III at $0 on a 2-year data plan (2GB 15$) and he can activate it to non-Fido client until he get out of stock.
Aug 3, 2012
94 posts
19 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
What are you guys' experience with self referral bonus credits? I activated 4 data plans (one for each family member) back in December and kept everything under my account so it's easier to manage. When I signed up for these data plans, the Live Chat reps said they helped me set up self referrals. Two days ago I just received my bill and since it's past 90 days, I was expecting a $200 credit ($25 x 4 for my original line, $25 per data line x 4), but of course it didn't show up. I talked to Fido and they said the Refer a Friend program clearly states "You cannot refer yourself." and refused to give me the credits.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12552 posts
4532 upvotes
Kitchener
rcheung28 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 4:14 am
What are you guys' experience with self referral bonus credits? I activated 4 data plans (one for each family member) back in December and kept everything under my account so it's easier to manage. When I signed up for these data plans, the Live Chat reps said they helped me set up self referrals. Two days ago I just received my bill and since it's past 90 days, I was expecting a $200 credit ($25 x 4 for my original line, $25 per data line x 4), but of course it didn't show up. I talked to Fido and they said the Refer a Friend program clearly states "You cannot refer yourself." and refused to give me the credits.
If each of the referred lines had a different "user" assigned to it then its not self referral (even if its all under your own account).
If you have an "incident id" of the session where you said these are for "family members" and the rep confirmed doing the referral for you then you can use as leverage.
Apr 23, 2014
628 posts
95 upvotes
prvt10 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 7:51 am
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

well, nobody was attributing anything to malice
Refrain from puffery and self-praise. Keep triumphs to yourself. Humility is your goal.
Nov 25, 2003
986 posts
375 upvotes
Vancouver
Mizinator wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 3:38 am
I dont know how he could be more clear.

http://www.fido.ca/consumer/storelocator?store=11274

fido store number: 11274
Sorry, but it's not too easy to browse for the answer on your phone when the simple "Montreal, Chateauguay" would do the job.
May 5, 2008
542 posts
123 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 6:56 pm
Hey whose side are you on? Fido's foolishness is my gain. You have heard companies say that it is expensive to attract new customers and cheaper to retain them. Well, price out an ad campaign and compare it to the peanuts we are talking about here with the loyalty discount.
So, have I understood it correctly, that after 6 months, one can bust a 50% monthly discount from Fido on this plan,
even if on a 2 yrs tablet contract?

This was my impression from reading a couple of latest pages, maybe wrong, tried to read in further back, but no success..
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12552 posts
4532 upvotes
Kitchener
Tichi wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 12:40 pm
So, have I understood it correctly, that after 6 months, one can bust a 50% monthly discount from Fido on this plan,
even if on a 2 yrs tablet contract?

This was my impression from reading a couple of latest pages, maybe wrong, tried to read in further back, but no success..
You are reading it right, still unbelievable, but no one is complaining :)
May 5, 2008
542 posts
123 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 12:52 pm
You are reading it right, still unbelievable, but no one is complaining :)
Do not jinx it pls. :) The "free tablet" stuff started early last December, if I recall correctly,
so no one could have gotten this discount yet, as of today.
So far, it has only been promised by Fido, right? (in the tablet contract case)

Still, there might be a subtle but reasonable business math argument, why such a deal could be still beneficial to Fido...
Dec 6, 2012
42 posts
10 upvotes
NORTH YORK
rcheung28 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 4:14 am
You have to generate the referral code before or during activation of the new number. Each referral code can only be used for one number. You need to create separate referral code for each new number. Make sure the referral code is applied during activation of the new number.

When you create each referral code you have to specify a different name for the referred person. It could be your partner, son, wife whatever. Keep the referral code on file (with date and new number of the referred person). You will see a referral credit on your 4th bill. The new line must be active for at least 90 days and probably at the time the credit will be applied. If you don't see a referral credit, call them and give them the referral code with the details(activation date, name of the referred person).

NOTE: The referred person can not be you. Fido does not allow self-referral but you can open a new line for another person under your account.
Jan 12, 2017
177 posts
59 upvotes
donbamo wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 2:38 pm
You have to generate the referral code before or during activation of the new number. Each referral code can only be used for one number. You need to create separate referral code for each new number. Make sure the referral code is applied during activation of the new number.

When you create each referral code you have to specify a different name for the referred person. It could be your partner, son, wife whatever. Keep the referral code on file (with date and new number of the referred person). You will see a referral credit on your 4th bill. The new line must be active for at least 90 days and probably at the time the credit will be applied. If you don't see a referral credit, call them and give them the referral code with the details(activation date, name of the referred person).

NOTE: The referred person can not be you. Fido does not allow self-referral but you can open a new line for another person under your account.
I self referred and so have many others and there have been no problems getting the $50
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel