• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 7:46 pm
Nov 28, 2016
58 posts
74 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:43 pm
I should've probably asked this.

Is the $50 bill credit your own shop or a fido incentive that allows most Fido shops to give the $50 bill credit? Will it also be on the first bill or in stages on subsequent bills?
We're an exclusive dealer, so the deal is exclusive to our shop only.
We guarantee it'll come within the first three bills.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1241 posts
283 upvotes
GTA
Does anyone know if any of the tablet offered by Fido support MHL or slimport.

I know the LG G Pad doesnt, what about the other ones?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7515 posts
1296 upvotes
ChrisC192488 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:51 pm
We're an exclusive dealer, so the deal is exclusive to our shop only.
We guarantee it'll come within the first three bills.
So are you a Fido kiosk shop or a 3rd party reseller (like wireless wave). My offer still stands if you can add for me an additional line without having to come in since I'm many thousands km away from Toronto. Like I said, I already have a account so all personal info data is already there. And I've been a RFD member for many years so I won't cause you problems by trying to pull a scam :P

Who else would be offering a $50 bill credit if you can't help me? You can also PM me if you wish.
Nov 27, 2014
70 posts
25 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
AsianXL wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:35 pm
How would you guys set this up to avoid battery drain (voip.ms/this plan)?
Use Acrobits Softphone app and set up their push notifications for voip.ms. There's a guide on voip.ms website for softphones
Nov 28, 2016
58 posts
74 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:55 pm
So are you a Fido kiosk shop or a 3rd party reseller (like wireless wave). My offer still stands if you can add for me an additional line without having to come in since I'm many thousands km away from Toronto. Like I said, I already have a account so all personal info data is already there. And I've been a RFD member for many years so I won't cause you problems by trying to pull a scam :P

Who else would be offering a $50 bill credit if you can't help me? You can also PM me if you wish.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to help you with any of this ..
Nov 27, 2014
70 posts
25 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
proplayer44 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 6:38 pm
Have you tried making your calls using Hangouts app instead. You can make free outgoing calls if you install the "Hangouts dialer" app. And it's really good quality.
I've tried using hangouts but unfortunately Google doesn't allow callerID registration from any number other than the number you want to use. They verify using short hand SMS which is what voip.ms doesn't support so the verification codes to voip.ms never get thorough. If I use the sim number to verify it works but then the outgoing callerID is my sim number that nobody recognizes.

If I make a call without any callerID my friends and family just don't pick up cause it's an unknown number.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7515 posts
1296 upvotes
Anyone knows who sell these plans beside Fido kiosks? I know of best buy, wireless wave, any other shops similar to this?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10565 posts
3367 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Messerschmitt wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:25 pm
Anyone knows who sell these plans beside Fido kiosks? I know of best buy, wireless wave, any other shops similar to this?
Costco. The Mobile Shop. YMMV.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1900 posts
953 upvotes
St. Catharines
KanieWest wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:19 pm
I've tried using hangouts but unfortunately Google doesn't allow callerID registration from any number other than the number you want to use. They verify using short hand SMS which is what voip.ms doesn't support so the verification codes to voip.ms never get thorough. If I use the sim number to verify it works but then the outgoing callerID is my sim number that nobody recognizes.

If I make a call without any callerID my friends and family just don't pick up cause it's an unknown number.
I was able to get my voip.ms number verified by using my Google Home. Not certain if you can do this without the Google Home.

Open the Google Home app.
Tap Menu and make sure the Google Account listed is the one linked to your device.
In the top left corner of the app Home screen, tap Menu and then More settings.
Under "Services," tap Calls on speakers.

It took two tries, but I got a 6 digit code, and now Hangouts lets me use my voip.ms number as outgoing
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7515 posts
1296 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:39 pm
Costco. The Mobile Shop. YMMV.
Sucks. I'm in Halifax and I phoned several, no one is willing to give at least $50 bill credit to offset the crappy sim cost and activation fee
Dec 14, 2009
11 posts
Scarborough
Got the 3GB Sim. Next step will be to port my fido number to voip.ms. What would be the best Sip client to use Zoiper, Cipsimple or something like Groundwire (currently on sale) on Android? The objective is to make calls using Hangouts Dialer with my Fido number showing up as my caller ID. Any ideas?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10565 posts
3367 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Messerschmitt wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:34 pm
Sucks. I'm in Halifax and I phoned several, no one is willing to give at least $50 bill credit to offset the crappy sim cost and activation fee
Suck it up. "Perfect is the enemy of good." This is a great deal even with the $25 cost of SIM/activation and without any $50 bonuses.
veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 11, 2017
5 posts
Anyone know of somewhere in Toronto that will give the 3gb and LG pad 3 @ $50.00 for non existing customers? I tried today at parkway mall and the guy got halfway through the process and realized it was only for existing customers and said he can only give me the 2gb...
Apr 17, 2014
537 posts
154 upvotes
Corunna, ON
smichael7 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:48 pm
Got the 3GB Sim. Next step will be to port my fido number to voip.ms. What would be the best Sip client to use Zoiper, Cipsimple or something like Groundwire (currently on sale) on Android? The objective is to make calls using Hangouts Dialer with my Fido number showing up as my caller ID. Any ideas?
You don't want to use your actual data Sim Fido # for caller ID. Then they will attempt to call you/ text you on that #.

The absolute best option is to take a bit extra time and get a Google voice number from the US.

Then port your current cell number to VoIP.ms and in the VoIP.ms settings you forward all calls to your new GV #. Then use Hangouts for all incoming and outgoing.

Zoiper and fongo are ok but not as clear as GV.

It took a bit of time but everyone I call knows my GV number as my number. They know it's me.

A lot of my texting now is in Hangouts too. Since that's the number they know. And it has MMS.
Apr 17, 2014
537 posts
154 upvotes
Corunna, ON
AsianXL wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:35 pm
How would you guys set this up to avoid battery drain (voip.ms/this plan)?
Send all calls to GV from VoIP.ms #

Then there is no need for Zoiper or fongo and you can use the native Hangouts app for everything.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

chimp, P0k3dic|