[Fido] [Fido] 3GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 9:23 pm
Aug 1, 2008
55 posts
14 upvotes
diav wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:29 am
Does this plan still allow for tethering?

Wanna get it for my mom but she'll have to carry another phone or tablet with her to tether the connection (iPhones and their lack of dual sims suck D:).
Yes it does. Just checked from an Android to my iPhone.
Aug 1, 2008
808 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
cata2you wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:42 am
Yes it does. Just checked from an Android to my iPhone.
Thanks for checking!

Do you know if tethering from an iPhone (to another iPhone) will work? I think iPhones are the picky ones... sometimes we can't change APN values and whatnot.
Nov 28, 2016
58 posts
74 upvotes
diav wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:29 am
Does this plan still allow for tethering?

Wanna get it for my mom but she'll have to carry another phone or tablet with her to tether the connection (iPhones and their lack of dual sims suck D:).
Hotspots work like a charm :)
Aug 1, 2008
55 posts
14 upvotes
diav wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:45 am
Thanks for checking!

Do you know if tethering from an iPhone (to another iPhone) will work? I think iPhones are the picky ones... sometimes we can't change APN values and whatnot.
Found a coworker with an iPhone. Works with iPhone as well.
Nov 28, 2016
58 posts
74 upvotes
diav wrote:
Thanks for checking!

As long as the iphone you're getting service has data service coming in, you're golden.
It doesnt matter from what phone you're tethering from and going to, because it's essentially just creating a wifi network.
Aug 1, 2008
808 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
cata2you wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:09 pm
Found a coworker with an iPhone. Works with iPhone as well.
ChrisC192488 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:10 pm
As long as the iphone you're getting service has data service coming in, you're golden.
It doesnt matter from what phone you're tethering from and going to, because it's essentially just creating a wifi network.
Thank you to both of you for checking and replying!
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3874 posts
1669 upvotes
diav wrote:
Thanks for checking!

ChrisC192488 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:10 pm
Except that tethering from iPhone sucks, especially to another iPhone: disconnections because of Apple's idiotic battery saving measures, doesn't connect, doesn't even show up, etc.
Apr 17, 2014
537 posts
154 upvotes
Corunna, ON
kthxbye wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:21 am
How do you setup Voipms + GV? How do you forward calls from voip.ms to GV?
You need to own an American cell # for two minutes to get a GV. That's the hard part.

But there are inexpensive ways to get one temporary with a prepaid service.

You need to create a new Gmail email address either from the US or using A VPN ansld during the email creation process it asks which country. You choose US.

Then just Google setup a GV and the Google site will first ask you to login. Use the new email. It will ask you location and area code questions and provide phone numbers to choose and finally it will ask you to verify you have a US number. You can confirm via text or automated phone call to a US cell or landline.

Then in VoIP.ms you forward all calls to your new DiD to your new GV number.

Login to Hangouts with your new email and you are done.

( You must log into your Gmail account from a PC and toggle off the settings to forward all calls from GV to your US number. That is set by default. )
Sep 6, 2011
153 posts
98 upvotes
ChrisC192488 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:36 am
Okok. We are third party because there's no real category for us. We are EXCLUSIVE dealers. We only work for Fido and Rogers so we are fido and rogers employees. End of story.

It wouldn't be entertaining enough for you if it ended there,
We use
1. The Fido brand as the store name. not wdna..
2. Fido planograms, so all FIDO stores look identical
3. Rogers fasttrack training
4. Fido's given commission structure to us
5. Same service
6. Same opening closing procedures
7. We wear the same uniform

How we're different from corporate:
1. We use the same system, but we each have one different program
2. Different commission structure for those guys, also assigned from Fido
3. We have about 200 more stores than them, although smaller in size.
4. We have ALL Fido corporate promotions plus a bit of salt and pepper from ourselves

How we're different from ww and bb:
1. They are indeed third party non exclusive
2. Goes with num 1, they have a lot of other providers, such as bell telus etc
3. They have a different profit margin structure
4. They have to beat every other exclusive provider locations
This is your dealership: http://wdna.ca/about/. It says you have 25 stores, not 200. Wdna employs you and pays you, not Fido.

Corporate stores and wireless wave >>> 3rd party dealership like yours.
Jan 10, 2017
315 posts
98 upvotes
GTA
AsianXL wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:35 pm
How would you guys set this up to avoid battery drain (voip.ms/this plan)?
You would need an IT technical knowledge to set up something like that or use Groundwire app for their push notifications.
Information Security Analyst
---
Fido $15/3GB + voip.ms $1/M + 3cx PBX voip push client $0 + Google Server vps $0 = $16/Month voip solution with no battery drain.
Jun 8, 2010
331 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
for those of you using this data plan in a dual sim phone, what phone are you using? Not a lot of dual sim card unlocked phones to choose from in the $250 range.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13100 posts
2959 upvotes
Toronto
leolo wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:56 pm
for those of you using this data plan in a dual sim phone, what phone are you using? Not a lot of dual sim card unlocked phones to choose from in the $250 range.
The only options are Chinese phones at that price range.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
2831 posts
827 upvotes
AB
leolo wrote:
I'm using an Axon 7 with Speakout for calls and Fido for data. No issues, perfect combination.
Aug 16, 2008
228 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:00 pm
The only options are Chinese phones at that price range.
Just to mention: Blu has a number of dual sim phones (assembled in China) with full north american band support. My daily phone is Blu LIfe One X2 which I bought on amazon.ca for $220+tax. After 6 months of using this phone with the data plan, I'm very happy.
I have not tried it with a second voice SIM though.
Fido $15/3gb less 50% x 3
Sep 6, 2011
153 posts
98 upvotes
leolo wrote:
Xiaomi, ZTE, Asus, and Huawei are top recommended choice. Stay away from BLU, Leeco is also iffy, but stay away from BLU.

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 5 guests)

LeeSon, tdotojnf, muhammadfarooq, tiacin