Ongoing Deal Discussion

Fido

[Fido] 2GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract, + tablet with 2 yr contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:54 am
Dec 30, 2017
49 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary AB
Screenshot_2018-02-19-17-54-27-463_com.google.android.gm.png
Here is what the confirmation email looks like... Do I need to call in and have something fixed? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1770 posts
673 upvotes
Bedford
Looks like what they did to mine. Did you get 2 or 3 GB? Mine was reduced to 2....
Dec 30, 2017
49 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary AB
Thanks for letting me know that your account looks about the same. I got 3GB, not 2GB... At least that is what I was told.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
Question, with dual SIM phones, can I have one SIM on this plan and have the other SIM for voice/texting only and be able to use the phone like normal without manually switching which SIM is active at which time? For example, can I be using data and still be able to receive calls through my voice SIM, or can both SIM's not be active at the same time?
Mar 22, 2015
159 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Csr said I'd get a confirmation email of the 100% off after our online chat and so far still nothing. That was at 2pm est. Anyone get an email after their online chat for the deal?
Sep 14, 2009
982 posts
670 upvotes
Kingston
lookingfortv wrote: Csr said I'd get a confirmation email of the 100% off after our online chat and so far still nothing. That was at 2pm est. Anyone get an email after their online chat for the deal?
I got the deal a few days ago via phone, and never received an email confirmation.
Dec 30, 2017
49 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary AB
lookingfortv wrote: Csr said I'd get a confirmation email of the 100% off after our online chat and so far still nothing. That was at 2pm est. Anyone get an email after their online chat for the deal?
I got my email about an hour after my phone call, so no idea about online chat.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
From the looks of it no one has received a confirmation email that indicates there is a discount of 100%. People are only receiving emails if they aren’t already on the data only mobile internet rate plan and had to be switched over to get the discount.

If you didn’t get an email check to see if you are already on that plan.

The discount code likely doesn’t trigger an account change email.
Jul 21, 2009
428 posts
178 upvotes
London
Shaner wrote: Question, with dual SIM phones, can I have one SIM on this plan and have the other SIM for voice/texting only and be able to use the phone like normal without manually switching which SIM is active at which time? For example, can I be using data and still be able to receive calls through my voice SIM, or can both SIM's not be active at the same time?
Depends on the phone. There are both types out there. My Oneplus 3 is dual sim only and Asus Zenphones have dual active sims.
Dec 30, 2017
49 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary AB
Shaner wrote: Question, with dual SIM phones, can I have one SIM on this plan and have the other SIM for voice/texting only and be able to use the phone like normal without manually switching which SIM is active at which time? For example, can I be using data and still be able to receive calls through my voice SIM, or can both SIM's not be active at the same time?
That's how I'm operating right now with my Xiaomi Redmi 4X. I set all calls/txt to Chatr and all data to Fido. Both SIMs are on standby all the time but if I'm on a call on one SIM I don't think I can go online. (I have run Google Maps while on a call though, so I don't know if that counts). The important thing is that some dual SIM phones are not dual 3G/4G. Some phones support 3 and 4G on one SIM while the other SIM is forced to 2G... This was discussed in another thread about the Redmi 4A.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
atlantic_man wrote: I phoned Fido early last week, and was told that the code won't go through my account/plan (with balance on). He also said that he will work on it later and phone me Friday for the result. But, I didn't get call. Today, I checked my account, and have realized that the plan is $0.00/mo. I think I got the 100% discount, correct?
No u r still on old plan...the new one will say data only plan 0.00$...u shud get email confirmation within 2 days...using fido app I always get this error wen u try to change settings profile
8663D4D8-111B-4D3C-AF4B-F2E75FF2F047.png
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
mikka2017 wrote: No u r still on old plan...the new one will say data only plan 0.00$...u shud get email confirmation within 2 days...using fido app I always get this error wen u try to change settings profile

8663D4D8-111B-4D3C-AF4B-F2E75FF2F047.png8663D4D8-111B-4D3C-AF4B-F2E75FF2F047.png8663D4D8-111B-4D3C-AF4B-F2E75FF2F047.png
Same here... I believe it's a glitch in their app.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
reflame wrote: Depends on the phone. There are both types out there. My Oneplus 3 is dual sim only and Asus Zenphones have dual active sims.
No they don't. I have Zenfone 3 and it is dual stand-by [Or, maybe some new models..]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
Is anyone s data down in Scarborough¿? Mine is 3bars H with small x in status bar,,, no internet

something wrong with my simcard in my nexus6...its working fine in my other phone

is the fido APN

fido internet ltemobile.apn or do i use

fido thethering
ltedata.apn?

shud i do a full network reset ? tia

OMG I think rep put me on some ppu data plan? I click on network icon in status bar and it takes me to some mobile browser like the 7 eleven speakout days lol

Screenshot_20180220-070856.png
nm, had to get fido live chat to fix my network sim card issues! im back on LTE now!, i was told NO overage charges and i can blow by 10gb data no problems lol, fido gonna regret giving out this promo

theres gotta be a catch to why theres no overage charges if u go over 3gb data??? if they aint throttling and dont overcharge...we can all use it as home internet for a year!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: Is anyone s data down in Scarborough¿? Mine is 3bars H with small x in status bar,,, no internet

something wrong with my simcard in my nexus6...its working fine in my other phone

is the fido APN

fido internet ltemobile.apn or do i use

fido thethering
ltedata.apn?

shud i do a full network reset ? tia

OMG I think rep put me on some ppu data plan? I click on network icon in status bar and it takes me to some mobile browser like the 7 eleven speakout days lol

Screenshot_20180220-070856.png

nm, had to get fido live chat to fix my network sim card issues! im back on LTE now!, i was told NO overage charges and i can blow by 10gb data no problems lol, fido gonna regret giving out this promo

theres gotta be a catch to why theres no overage charges if u go over 3gb data??? if they aint throttling and dont overcharge...we can all use it as home internet for a year!

Why would you even think of biting the hand that feeds you? I recall in the early days with Mobilicity when they didn't have a usage meter. One idiot decided to rack up almost 100 gigs of usage. A usage meter was put in place. Just be respectful and stay under the radar.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1904 posts
1508 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: lol, fido gonna regret giving out this promo
I think WE'RE gonna regret informing YOU of this promo. Please act responsibly and don't abuse this offer.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1206 posts
360 upvotes
TORONTO
YYC3258 wrote: Thanks, OP for helping me save money!!! :)
I called in earlier today and paid off my tablet balance and was told that the new 12-month free would start immediately. A quick request for help:
In Fido My Account, my plan details are as follows:

DATA ONLY PLAN
$0.00/mo.
FEATURES
Overage Rate : Data not included

My Extras
The estimated values below do not include discounts and credits.
Mobile Internet Rate Plan
$15.00

Is it normal to have the "Mobile Internet Rate Plan" show up in My Extras?

Thank you so much!
I just call today and my tab balance is $10345. I told her my friend got discount on the monthly payment after pay off the tab. And she sounds like shes does not know and told me it was one time promotion and she told me no more promotion now.
Did you call for the first time and got the discount? Thanks.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
Balzard wrote: I think WE'RE gonna regret informing YOU of this promo. Please act responsibly and don't abuse this offer.
Yeah, all it takes is a few or one irresponsible person to spoil everything. To be fair, I will continue to set my data limit at 3 gigs as if I had to pay for overages. I do want my 12 month offer to last the full 12 months and with a possibility to renew same time next year or at least drop down to 50% discount.
Dec 30, 2017
49 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary AB
HappyValley1 wrote: I just call today and my tab balance is $10345. I told her my friend got discount on the monthly payment after pay off the tab. And she sounds like shes does not know and told me it was one time promotion and she told me no more promotion now.
Did you call for the first time and got the discount? Thanks.
Here's what I did:
- Called in, asked about the loyalty plan for the 3GB/$15 tablet plan
- I said upfront that I know device balance needed to be paid off, and I asked to pay it off immediately
- Device paid off (credit card payment over phone), then CSR ended my 2yr contract with the "free" tablet
- CSR changed plan over to the 12-month free promo on the BYOD/3GB/$15 plan - confirmed that after 12 months from today, the monthly cost will revert to $15/mth
- Got confirmation email about an hour after the conversation

This whole thing took about 20min on the phone.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1206 posts
360 upvotes
TORONTO
YYC3258 wrote: Here's what I did:
- Called in, asked about the loyalty plan for the 3GB/$15 tablet plan
- I said upfront that I know device balance needed to be paid off, and I asked to pay it off immediately
- Device paid off (credit card payment over phone), then CSR ended my 2yr contract with the "free" tablet
- CSR changed plan over to the 12-month free promo on the BYOD/3GB/$15 plan - confirmed that after 12 months from today, the monthly cost will revert to $15/mth
- Got confirmation email about an hour after the conversation

This whole thing took about 20min on the phone.
Thanks. I will try tomorrow. I think the key word is the Royalty plan.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)