Ongoing Deal Discussion

Fido

[Fido] 2GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract, + tablet with 2 yr contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:54 am
Feb 14, 2007
4 posts
Woodhill
I signed up for this plan last week. Does anyone know after March 31 2017 this plan go to regular limit of data, which is 2GB for @15? on Fido account does not indicate any where its 3GB for $15. only its says flexible data plan.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
sanjay2000ca wrote: I signed up for this plan last week. Does anyone know after March 31 2017 this plan go to regular limit of data, which is 2GB for @15? on Fido account does not indicate any where its 3GB for $15. only its says flexible data plan.
Once you sign up it's a pretty safe bet you stay at 3gb. The promo has also been extended a few times.

The regular price is $15 for 1gb.
Jul 16, 2013
942 posts
411 upvotes
Actually I had look at sasktel data only plan, it is 5 gb for 20$. I just don't know if it is allowed to put sim in a phone.
Apr 1, 2009
674 posts
978 upvotes
Winnipeg
AncasterRFD wrote: All our iPhones are jb'd, I bought my kid this plan, is there an issue?
TheHutt wrote: It doesn't improve call quality, but it may impact incoming call reliability.
I was jailbroken when i got this setup going and it worked amazingly with a tweak called dissent that kept it running in the background, prevented it from being closed via the app switcher, and started it after every reboot of the phone (ios 9.3.3). Updated to ios 10.2 and jailbreak again and the jb went south so i am now running stock ios with this and the notifications are way off, delayed until i go into the app, or i get a notification, open the app and wait for 30 seconds for it to show me the text it just shows me in the notifications.

TLDR, jailbreakers do it better. No reason to assume it will affect call quality but the fine control over backgrounded processes, when the radios shut off, and such made my experience with the app/service much better.

Edit: also used a tweak called pullover to keep it docked in a tab that would open in any other app without having to switch apps entirely. Very handy for quick replies to texts. I hope you are enjoying the jailbreak, i miss my setup.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
100 wrote: I was jailbroken when i got this setup going and it worked amazingly with a tweak called dissent that kept it running in the background, prevented it from being closed via the app switcher, and started it after every reboot of the phone (ios 9.3.3). Updated to ios 10.2 and jailbreak again and the jb went south so i am now running stock ios with this and the notifications are way off, delayed until i go into the app, or i get a notification, open the app and wait for 30 seconds for it to show me the text it just shows me in the notifications.

TLDR, jailbreakers do it better. No reason to assume it will affect call quality but the fine control over backgrounded processes, when the radios shut off, and such made my experience with the app/service much better.

Edit: also used a tweak called pullover to keep it docked in a tab that would open in any other app without having to switch apps entirely. Very handy for quick replies to texts. I hope you are enjoying the jailbreak, i miss my setup.
Thanks for the deb recommendations, but what is "it" you're referring to, Fongo? TextNow? Etc
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
sanjay2000ca wrote: I signed up for this plan last week. Does anyone know after March 31 2017 this plan go to regular limit of data, which is 2GB for @15? on Fido account does not indicate any where its 3GB for $15. only its says flexible data plan.
The March 31 deadline is for the sign ups, not for the service itself, if you are not on contract your service will remain 3GB@$15 till Fido decides to terminate/change the service after giving you proper notice.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29135 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
aasoror wrote: The March 31 deadline is for the sign ups, not for the service itself, if you are not on contract your service will remain 3GB@$15 till Fido decides to terminate/change the service after giving you proper notice.
Considering that the previous non-promotional rate was 1GB/$10 and the 3GB/$15 promo seems to get extended every time it's supposed to expire, the price trend continues to be downward. I'm not expecting to see an increase any time soon. (But of course it could happen.)
veni, vidi, Visa
Mar 6, 2017
18 posts
1 upvote
My fido plan is $59.99/m with 2G data and talk. Seems I should switch to data plan only.
Dec 13, 2009
226 posts
68 upvotes
Anyone tried the costco deal in edmonton? Which location? I dont have costco membership but can ask my friend if it is available.
Nov 23, 2012
475 posts
327 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc
You really should, I have the exact same plan and only pay 40$ a month.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
OarabileAtkins wrote: My fido plan is $59.99/m with 2G data and talk. Seems I should switch to data plan only.
That's a really bad plan! If you do a lot of talk then I'd suggest checking out Zoomer and Public mobile as well.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
judgfm wrote: Anyone tried the costco deal in edmonton? Which location? I dont have costco membership but can ask my friend if it is available.
Some Costco locations will let you buy from the mobile area even if you're not a member. If you're close might be worth checking out.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2723 posts
2772 upvotes
Toronto
dgnr8 wrote: 1. call to check your stock before you go
2. if you are referring yourself also generate the code before you go
I just signed up on the Fido site as I plan on purchasing later today and wanna refer my self

When I login and try to go to the referral page it says
CONNECT MY ACCOUNT

You don’t have a Fido account hooked up to your profile yet. Connect an account so you can personalize your experience.

I’m the Fido account holder
I’m not the Fido account holder, but I’m a subscriber who’d like to see this account’s usage
To connect your phone, we’ll need to send you a code via text message.

Enter your Fido phone number
SEND ME A CODE
I’m a Fido prepaid customer
I'm a Fido business account holder.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote: I just signed up on the Fido site as I plan on purchasing later today and wanna refer my self

When I login and try to go to the referral page it says
You can only refer yourself if you're an existing customer. Looking at what you posted, doesn't seem like you are.
Aug 28, 2016
135 posts
75 upvotes
I got a 50 dollar gift card and screen protector switching to the data and tablet plan at bestbuy. I had to sign up for Geek Squad Protection 3 year deal at 10 month. They said I could cancel after four months.
Last edited by DarrenN301729 on Mar 8th, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temp. Banned
Apr 13, 2016
747 posts
491 upvotes
Are there any good prepaid phones on sale that I could get for my mom with this plan?
[Inappropriate signature]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
snipzy wrote: Are there any good prepaid phones on sale that I could get for my mom with this plan?
If she is planning to go with Fongo iPhones tend to be the most reliable.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)