Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Fido $45 2GB with 2GB of bonus data for 24 months

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2017 10:51 am
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1070 posts
164 upvotes
klam07 wrote: Just called into Fido and inquired about the $45 2gb+2gb bonus data plan. The young lady I spoke with was aware of it and didn't hesitate to offer it to me without any hassle. Successfully switched from the $50 4gb BYOD plan that was talked about on RFD like 6 months back. So, its confirmed good for Alberta.

I also asked her about the BYOD Pulse plan with 6gb of data for $49 that was mentioned a couple pages back in this thread. She was again aware of it, and said that it was only available for Quebec. She even went as far as to offer me the plan if I got a Quebec phone #.

Reps like these are few and far inbetween - I hope she gets a raise
were you speaking with retention or just regular rep? I tried Livechat, and that lady just kept saying the account didn't qualify.
Jun 20, 2017
100 posts
96 upvotes
AB
uruha wrote: were you speaking with retention or just regular rep? I tried Livechat, and that lady just kept saying the account didn't qualify.
Called in. Tried the livechat and the person I was connected to was beyond useless... not to mention really slow to reply.

I ended up talking to a regular customer service rep, didn't need to get transferred to anyone - as I said she was knowledgeable and helpful, but probably 1/100.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
klam07 wrote: Just called into Fido and inquired about the $45 2gb+2gb bonus data plan. The young lady I spoke with was aware of it and didn't hesitate to offer it to me without any hassle. Successfully switched from the $50 4gb BYOD plan that was talked about on RFD like 6 months back. So, its confirmed good for Alberta.

I also asked her about the BYOD Pulse plan with 6gb of data for $49 that was mentioned a couple pages back in this thread. She was again aware of it, and said that it was only available for Quebec. She even went as far as to offer me the plan if I got a Quebec phone #.

Reps like these are few and far inbetween - I hope she gets a raise
don't you think you're praising her so much only because you got what you wanted out of her?
Not sure if you'd say the same if she was actually doing her job correctly but NOT giving you what you wanted. (in a theoretical situation)

she's a rep that follows the company rules (hopefully), that's it really.

either way, congrats. I'll be contacting fido shortly too to try my luck.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1070 posts
164 upvotes
klam07 wrote: Called in. Tried the livechat and the person I was connected to was beyond useless... not to mention really slow to reply.

I ended up talking to a regular customer service rep, didn't need to get transferred to anyone - as I said she was knowledgeable and helpful, but probably 1/100.
finally got it~ thanks for the tips :)
Mar 31, 2010
489 posts
364 upvotes
In BC, live chat is a waste of time, won't offer the plan. called customer service instead, said saw public mobile plan, and looking for competitive plan. Got it right away.
Aug 12, 2007
53 posts
23 upvotes
Currently on $39 smart plan 600mb, 450mins. Plan is to expire next month so I called in again and was offered data, talk and text plan for $65 for 3gb+2gb(expires after 2 years), no fido roam (pulse plan). Prices for Samsung s7 and a5 were $49 and zero. Thoughts? I had mentioned freedom mobile plans..with 4gbs...and may jump at the fido plan to get more data. Any thoughts on whether I should take advantage of rogers corp plans eg. 30% off. eg beyond wireless? So many plans out there these days..

thx
Jun 20, 2017
100 posts
96 upvotes
AB
SomeOtherDude wrote: don't you think you're praising her so much only because you got what you wanted out of her?
Not sure if you'd say the same if she was actually doing her job correctly but NOT giving you what you wanted. (in a theoretical situation)

she's a rep that follows the company rules (hopefully), that's it really.

either way, congrats. I'll be contacting fido shortly too to try my luck.
Not sure where you're getting at with this bud. Having worked as a customer service rep myself for many years I can appreciate when I'm offered things, especially if the rep doesn't /have/ to - as in, they are not required to do it, but they do anyways because they /can/. Its like getting fees waived at the bank, any CSR of any level can waive fees whenever they feel like it really, but will they just because someone on RFD said they got theirs waived? Probably not, but when you get a CSR that does, I'm sure you'll be happy about it too.
Dec 1, 2014
34 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Still available in Toronto, just got off phone after being offered the 4GB 45 byod. But I've got a bit of a conundrum.

I'm still using a very slow iPhone 4s which I've had with fido for years. No longer on contract and current plan paying 500mb for 45. So needless to say 4gb would be a huge upgrade - more than I need - but I'd much rather upgrade my phone.

Fido offered iPhone SE for free upgrade but I'd be locked into my current 500mb 45 plan for another two years - not very competitive. What do you guys think? Upgrade the phone on a subpar plan or upgrade the plan with my subpar phone and buy a new phone outright? Any luck subsidizing a new phone while improving my plan?
Sep 29, 2013
160 posts
71 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
IAmBatman wrote: Still available in Toronto, just got off phone after being offered the 4GB 45 byod. But I've got a bit of a conundrum.

I'm still using a very slow iPhone 4s which I've had with fido for years. No longer on contract and current plan paying 500mb for 45. So needless to say 4gb would be a huge upgrade - more than I need - but I'd much rather upgrade my phone.

Fido offered iPhone SE for free upgrade but I'd be locked into my current 500mb 45 plan for another two years - not very competitive. What do you guys think? Upgrade the phone on a subpar plan or upgrade the plan with my subpar phone and buy a new phone outright? Any luck subsidizing a new phone while improving my plan?
If you can afford it, I'd much rather recommend the 4GB and buy a phone off Kijiji.
Jun 3, 2013
381 posts
93 upvotes
The plans when getting a subsidized new phone are generally very poor. Unless you are a corporate customer then you can sometimes get a fairer deal.

I would suggest buying the phone outright. As keeping your current 500mb and getting a new phone where you can't even use the data seems pointless. A subsidized phone on a 3GB plan with Fido and a "free phone" will cost $80/month plus tax.

80-45 x 24months = $949.50 cents extra over two years if including taxes. Well beyond the price of a phone around $600-$700 and even less if you go via eBay or a used phone market. I still avoid kijiji.
Feb 3, 2015
490 posts
396 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
weaser999 wrote: I was looking at Freedom but is the coverage really that bad? Do you loose coverage as soon as you drive out of a main city?
Yes it is. Their LTE and 3G contantly switches. Very bad netwrk and they don't have much coverage.
I signed up with Freedom a week ago to jump into Public mobile loophole going on right now.
But I was genuinely wanting to give freedom a chance when I signed up. Their prices are terrific.
But quality is bad. That said, thank you freedom for these competitive prices.
Aug 8, 2011
593 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Just called in from Toronto and the FIDO rep couldn't offer me the $45 2GB+2GB plan on a 2 year term because I've only been a customer for 1 month - instead the rep said he could only give me the $45 2GB + 2GB Bonus for one year with no-term, which IMO is way better and makes no sense but i'm not complaining. Just a heads up for anyone interested.
BigTRBL

Spend money to save money...the theory is brilliant.
Jul 25, 2005
436 posts
129 upvotes
OHaara wrote: Just called in from Toronto and the FIDO rep couldn't offer me the $45 2GB+2GB plan on a 2 year term because I've only been a customer for 1 month - instead the rep said he could only give me the $45 2GB + 2GB Bonus for one year with no-term, which IMO is way better and makes no sense but i'm not complaining. Just a heads up for anyone interested.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the deal in the OP is a 2 year term. You get the bonus 2GB for 24 mos.
Basically it seems like they offered you the same deal but 1 less year of bonus data.
Banned
Jun 14, 2017
35 posts
34 upvotes
IAmBatman wrote: Still available in Toronto, just got off phone after being offered the 4GB 45 byod. But I've got a bit of a conundrum.

Check above my comment for similar responses who didn't quote your comment correctly.

Just buy a new phone from the dealer, or find one on Craigslist that is still under warranty. Lots of things to check for if you're doing it on Craigslist though. If you're not comfortable with going into a store to check they're the original owner of the phone then I don't recommend buying second hand. Either way, you're saving yourself money in the long term to buy the phone outright in the beginning and then getting a much better product gone plan for cheaper.
Dec 1, 2014
34 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Oreokilla wrote: Check above my comment for similar responses who didn't quote your comment correctly.

Just buy a new phone from the dealer, or find one on Craigslist that is still under warranty. Lots of things to check for if you're doing it on Craigslist though. If you're not comfortable with going into a store to check they're the original owner of the phone then I don't recommend buying second hand. Either way, you're saving yourself money in the long term to buy the phone outright in the beginning and then getting a much better product gone plan for cheaper.
I have very little experience with purchasing secondhand (been trucking along with the 4s for 6 years!) so I'm afraid I'd be scammed or unknowingly buying a lemon without the proper prudence. Do you think it's still worth it to buy the SE outright from apple (579) and upgrade to the 4gb/45 plan?
Dec 24, 2006
418 posts
342 upvotes
called in spoke to a knowledgeable rep and I got the 2+2GB without any questions, all I did was mentioned matching of the similar Freedom Mobile plan, was very seamless.
Apr 13, 2017
24 posts
14 upvotes
I called in today from bc. Helped my girlfriend get the plan after the mention of public mobiles 40dollar for 4gb plan. The rep had initially tried to persuade me with a $45 for 2gb but i was like nahhhh match me or I'm out. Deal was fulfilled.
Nov 25, 2006
402 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa
Just an FYI for other Ontario users.
I called Koodo to see what they could do for rather than cancel and they offered me 2gb for $5 more per month. I was on the $40 plan with 500 mins, 500mb plus bonus 500mb. My bill wil be $45 for 500 mins and 2gb of data plus unlimited text and international messaging. I also mentioned Fido's plan which may have helped even though they say they Koodo doesn't match competitors.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
snyper81 wrote: Just an FYI for other Ontario users.
I called Koodo to see what they could do for rather than cancel and they offered me 2gb for $5 more per month. I was on the $40 plan with 500 mins, 500mb plus bonus 500mb. My bill wil be $45 for 500 mins and 2gb of data plus unlimited text and international messaging. I also mentioned Fido's plan which may have helped even though they say they Koodo doesn't match competitors.
Will try something similar but we should switch to teach them lesson ....