[Fido] [Fido] 5GB data for $50/month. Freedom Mobile match

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2017 7:18 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
4882 posts
25304 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
It's like a luxury feature and only applies to fido pulse plans but you are paying a premium price for it.

Fido wants your money so they will make money off your long distance and roaming charges.

They already have an agreement with AT&T so it's not like they will have to pay extra money for it since AT&T users are using Rogers network when they are in Canada.

My friends who used the $40 4gb plan are paying a lot for those roaming packages.

SELLING

GROUP BUY
May 31, 2016
429 posts
376 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 10:07 pm
It's like a luxury feature and only applies to fido pulse plans but you are paying a premium price for it.

Fido wants your money so they will make money off your long distance and roaming charges.

They already have an agreement with AT&T so it's not like they will have to pay extra money for it since AT&T users are using Rogers network when they are in Canada.

My friends who used the $40 4gb plan are paying a lot for those roaming packages.
4gb/$40? Damn. I'd jump on that. I'm currently on 2gb/40 byod fido.
Last edited by Evendesiredusernameistaken on Mar 27th, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7004 posts
1148 upvotes
I've been on Fido's 15gb data only plan for 6 mths... Would I be considered a current customer eligible for this plan?
[OP]
Mar 26, 2017
21 posts
41 upvotes
mic2074 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 10:16 pm
I've been on Fido's 15gb data only plan for 6 mths... Would I be considered a current customer eligible for this plan?
I think so. I had data only plans before as well. How much is 15 gb plan?
[OP]
Mar 26, 2017
21 posts
41 upvotes
asantha wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 9:57 pm
Hi

Is there a link to freedom mobile? I couldn't find it on there site. Can I call fido and just ask for price match with freedom mobile $50 5GB data with unlimited Canada wide?
I told them freedom has a 6gb plan for $45 per their website
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
4882 posts
25304 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
So I just asked my friend, a fido manager, he said this is a "Winback Offer".
It is in their system even for new customers so if you know anyone working at Fido, you can probably ask them to give it to you.

SELLING

GROUP BUY
May 25, 2008
255 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
My wife is having the same issue. She have Samsung S7 Edge. It's already been replaced but problem still persist. We were then told Fido knew of the problem and there was a software fix. We brought it in to the Samsung Store and they updated it. Worked for the first couple of weeks and then problem comes back. I'm pretty sure it's the network, not the phone.
chilli604 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 9:44 pm
got this plan last time they offered it. I came from rogers. As soon as i switched over. i get alot of dead spots. My phone sometimes doesnt connect to data or i cant even make phones calls.
im using a Samsung note 3
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7004 posts
1148 upvotes
Sorry... Meant $15 3gb data plan... Not 15gb
a1len437 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 10:35 pm
I told them freedom has a 6gb plan for $45 per their website
Jul 27, 2015
493 posts
159 upvotes
British Columbia
mike74 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 10:59 pm
My wife is having the same issue. She have Samsung S7 Edge. It's already been replaced but problem still persist. We were then told Fido knew of the problem and there was a software fix. We brought it in to the Samsung Store and they updated it. Worked for the first couple of weeks and then problem comes back. I'm pretty sure it's the network, not the phone.

Oh dang. i live in the lower mainland, british columbia. u? maybe it isnt my phone then. maybe i should call in and complain too haha
it will say i have 3 voicemails but my phone never rang, i cant use data 25 percent of the time, but hey for 50 bucks and 5gig.
Oct 18, 2012
91 posts
10 upvotes
I currently have $50, BYOD plan with 3 GB data+Roam+Spotify (Pulse plan).
When I chatted with FIDO over the weekend , they offered to match Freedom mobile plan with the 5GB for $50 plan but I will lose out on Roam and Spotify. I wouldn't miss spotify that much, but I'm not happy losing out on $5/day Roaming option.
On the fence......Anyone able to get Roam added onto this plan??
May 25, 2008
255 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
Same. In YVR. I brought it to Samsung Store in Metrotown since the manager knew of the issue. The manager was on vacation when we brought it in so one of his staff did the update. Now I don't know if the staff knew of the problem and that the software update he did is the same one his manager is talking about because the other staff we originally talked to didn't know anything about it. This was over a month ago already. We plan to bring it in and asking the manager to update it himself when we get a chance.
chilli604 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 11:17 pm
Oh dang. i live in the lower mainland, british columbia. u? maybe it isnt my phone then. maybe i should call in and complain too haha
it will say i have 3 voicemails but my phone never rang, i cant use data 25 percent of the time, but hey for 50 bucks and 5gig.
Jan 12, 2008
879 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver
Is it just the Samsung & Fido combo that has an issue? I have a coworker who often complains about reception at work with Fido and her iPhone SE. I sort of thought she was exaggerating. I didn't think there would be much of a difference from Rogers (what i had last year) and Fido.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3077 posts
1390 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
Please edit the topic for only existing users 3+ months.
---
Dec 9, 2007
416 posts
34 upvotes
Does this plan have 10% of second line?
RFD makes me :lol: