Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Fido- 5GB Small Tab $40 or Medium Tab $55- Targeted

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2018 7:08 pm
Oct 19, 2004
204 posts
26 upvotes
Was able to add a new line to my existing account for the $40/5GB plan thru online chat.

The rep told me that they just changed the promotion today, the $40/5GB plan is available to new activation as of today.
$30 activation fee (including sim card), not eligible for "second line 10% discount"
Small tab

Not sure if new activation means "adding new line to existing account" or "any new activation".
Feb 22, 2018
23 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto GTA
dorakk wrote: Was able to add a new line to my existing account for the $40/5GB plan thru online chat.

The rep told me that they just changed the promotion today, the $40/5GB plan is available to new activation as of today.
$30 activation fee (including sim card), not eligible for "second line 10% discount"
Small tab

Not sure if new activation means "adding new line to existing account" or "any new activation".
Could you please elaborate on how you asked the CSR to apply the $40/5GB plan to a new line on an existing account?

Also, if it's not too much to ask, would you happen to have the plan number for this promotion?
Apr 8, 2009
560 posts
184 upvotes
B.C
dorakk wrote: Was able to add a new line to my existing account for the $40/5GB plan thru online chat.

Small tab

I just call Fido. Only apply to royalty lines. No new activation for the $40 - 5GB data. The rep said he would love to port in new line for me as he will get bonus but the system would not allow it.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
hulk007 wrote: Here is what I got from Fido via WOW mobile.
$50 plan (2 year contract)
Free iphone6 32gb
Unlimited canada
5gb + 5gb spring bonus (total 10 gb)
2 year free spotify premium
$150 mastercard (from WOW mobile)
Free sim card
$58 trade in for a non-working iphone5s (from WOW mobile)
Usually the spotify is 6 months free. I would double check that just in case.
Oct 19, 2004
204 posts
26 upvotes
apmoller wrote: Could you please elaborate on how you asked the CSR to apply the $40/5GB plan to a new line on an existing account?

Also, if it's not too much to ask, would you happen to have the plan number for this promotion?
I have one line with fido on the $40 5GB plan. Via online chat, I asked to add a new line of the same plan to my existing account, the rep said head office just made this plan available for new activations, as of today.
Sorry but I don't have the plan number. It was the $40 Loyalty Pulse Plan
Aug 18, 2014
11 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I was able to get the $40 5Gb small plan. I am in BC

Thanks everyone!
Images
  • B593D96C-E84F-4D35-B6EC-15EB87B6FF01.jpeg
Feb 19, 2018
487 posts
468 upvotes
Montréal, QC
what province are you in? did you use the same code that was going around?
Aug 18, 2014
11 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I didn't mention the code. I am in bc

I just called 611 to get to Fido
Spoke with agent and said "I would like the $40 small plan with 5gb data and unlimited talk and text)

The guy sounded very laid back which may have helped

At first he told me About the $55 plan etc

I said I want $40 SMALL plan

I was then on hold like five minutes

Then he said ok

I have been with Fido eleven years and had a $39 Smart Plan for a long time
Yesterday I had called and complained that they wouldn't let me renew my $39 plan for two years to get a new phone. They were forcing me to upgrade my plan.. That is when I went to this forum and saw this deal

Good luck
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1552 posts
2620 upvotes
My cousin signed up as a new mobile customer over the phone. She wanted a new iPhone with reasonable monthly price. She was paying around $50 a month with freedom but the reception was terrible where she lives.

The rep offered her the following:
$50/month
5gb data, unlimited calls and texts
free iPhone 8 plus
1 year Spotify membership
free Fido credit card (the rep wanted to sell it as part of the discount)

I think it was a good deal for that phone. I guess getting other Fido products gave her more bargaining power, even though the credit card is also free.

EDIT: I should note that she also had Home Internet with Fido
Aug 18, 2014
11 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
aintic wrote: My cousin signed up as a new mobile customer over the phone. She wanted a new iPhone with reasonable monthly price. She was paying around $50 a month with freedom but the reception was terrible where she lives.

$50/month
free iPhone 8 plus

I think it was a good deal for that phone. I guess getting other Fido products gave her more bargaining power, even though the credit card is also free.

Was this considered a medium plan?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
hulk007 wrote: Here is what I got from Fido via WOW mobile.
$50 plan (2 year contract)
Free iphone6 32gb
Unlimited canada
5gb + 5gb spring bonus (total 10 gb)
2 year free spotify premium
$150 mastercard (from WOW mobile)
Free sim card
$58 trade in for a non-working iphone5s (from WOW mobile)
Thanks. I just called my local Wow boutique in the GTA and they did not offer that deal. You got lucky.
Feb 19, 2018
487 posts
468 upvotes
Montréal, QC
aintic wrote: My cousin signed up as a new mobile customer over the phone. She wanted a new iPhone with reasonable monthly price. She was paying around $50 a month with freedom but the reception was terrible where she lives.

$50/month
free iPhone 8 plus

is your cousin in Quebec? and when did she get this deal?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
I called a second Wow store in the GTA. They said the only way to get the $40 5gb plan is to sign up with Chatr for a full month first. She offered me a $50 5gb plan and she said if I wanted a phone it would be $60/month. I don't know how some of you guys are getting so lucky to get some of the insane deals in this thread. There was no mention of a "spring bonus", either.
May 4, 2018
566 posts
387 upvotes
couldn't get the deal in BC. My number wasn't targetted. Tried online chat and calling rep.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1552 posts
2620 upvotes
columbiaman wrote: Was this considered a medium plan?
I don't know about that, but she told me she received a monthly credit that lowered her bill to $50 and some data bonus. The rep did some tweaking to get a suitable plan for her.
grosbmi wrote: is your cousin in Quebec? and when did she get this deal?
No, she lives in Toronto. It was 2 or so weeks ago that she called in.
Aug 9, 2010
121 posts
29 upvotes
I tried this a month ago right after the OP and got nowhere after a few calls. Decided to give it another hail mary today after reading through the thread. My two lines are 5 months into their contracts, $55/mon for 1GB and $50/mon for 3GB (going up to $60/mon in December).

The first rep was nice enough, but flat out refused to budge on anything beyond what was listed on my account page. The second rep was a bit more 'salty' at first, pushing back on everything I said about Freedom and Zoomer and my friends at Fido getting better plans despite me being a longer-term customer. After I told her I was willing to buy out the contracts to switch to Zoomer (would have been over $1000 for both phones, but over $1500 in savings) I was put on hold. She offered me a $55/5GB Medium plan. I said no, not enough to change my mind. She put me on hold again. This time she came back with $50/5GB Small plans. I accepted, saying it's a good enough compromise for now.

Here's the bonus: she had to get rid of my 2GB bonus data and my wife's 500 bonus minutes to get us on these new plans. But once we were on the new plans we suddenly became eligible for $5 off for 12 months, each! So now we're going to pay $45/mon for 12 months and $50/mon to ride out our contracts. Not exactly $40/5GB but I'll take it!
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1474 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
I had this offering showing as per my earlier comments, I waited a week then went back to sign up and it was gone. I logged in today and the offer is back, so just letting everyone know to log in and try again.
Feb 16, 2017
396 posts
385 upvotes
skidragoon wrote: I had this offering showing as per my earlier comments, I waited a week then went back to sign up and it was gone. I logged in today and the offer is back, so just letting everyone know to log in and try again.
i think they just sent in a new "wave". I believe this plan is targeted towards customers with BYOP non-data plans thinking that the price increase will overweight the data usage those kind of customers will actually use. Pretty smart. If you are able to get the rep to put you into a <$40 BYOP non-data plan then the offer may target you in the next "wave".
Jul 12, 2012
75 posts
8 upvotes
LONDON
How did you guys get the plan as a new customer? I tried calling a Wowmobile store and it says it's for Fido customers only.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
grosbmi wrote: Called Fido, the rep talked to the supervisor; and so they can't give me this since I'm not a new user, but they managed to remove $5 off my plan for 12 months.

I have a 2 GB + 2 GB loyalty, for $40 Pulse BYOB.

I'll be paying $35 for that for the next year I guess.
BYOP? Not that hot.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family