Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

[Expired] Fido $65 4GB BYOD Pulse/$60 4GB Talk, Text and Data Plans (Fido20th)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2016 11:04 am
May 18, 2016
15 posts
15 upvotes

[Fido] [Expired] Fido $65 4GB BYOD Pulse/$60 4GB Talk, Text and Data Plans (Fido20th)

Who: Fido
Where: It's available in all provinces except Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

Fido currently has a non-advertised plan which is available to everyone who calls or chats into them and says "Fido20th".
The plans are the 3GB plans with an extra 1GB added onto it for a total of 4GB, they are available for all of their Plus Categories.

Basically the BYOD plans are $60 for 4GB, or $65 for 4GB if you want Fido Roam and Spotify Premium for 6 months.

Plan Details:
$60 Talk, Text and Data Plan
  • 4GB Data
  • 1000 Canada-wide minutes.
  • Unlimited Evenings and Weekends
  • Mini Voicemail ($5 for premium VM)
$65 Pulse Plan
  • 4GB Data
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes.
  • Mini Voicemail ($5 for premium VM)
  • Fido Roam
  • Spotify free for 6 months

Both plans have the 1000 long distance minutes to select countries.

These aren't as good as some of the plans going around, but they are available to all customers and they shouldn't be something you need to jump through hoops for.

Easiest way to get the plan is to chat into Fido here.

If the above link doesn't want to work - http://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us will give you ways to contact Fido.

TLDR:
EXPIRED
Last edited by FastestCowsInTheField on Nov 10th, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
43 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2460 posts
2941 upvotes
Laputa
Well... I prefer 3G data for only $50, just tell them you want Fido Loyalty plan

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2460 posts
2941 upvotes
Laputa
Or you can get 2G for $45 + 3G for $15 data only plan, that's 5G data for $60 in total... you can also get $50 back after 3 months, so it's actually $56 per month

And... if you are lucky... you can get 10% off for your $45 BYOD plan(Got it before, not sure if they are still giving it).
Last edited by Millenniunn on Nov 8th, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1853 posts
1079 upvotes
Toronto
I will stay with PB. Just switched from Fido
Nov 25, 2014
503 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Millenniunn wrote: Well... I prefer 3G data for only $50, just tell them you want Fido Loyalty plan
Isn't the data speeds on Loyalty plans LTE?
Koodo Mobile ⬆ Virgin Plus ⬆ Public Mobile ⬆ Windscribe ⬆ Ebates / Rakuten ⬆ Ritual ⬆ SkipTheDishes ⬆ Uber / UberEats ⬆ Tangerine ⬆ Chef's Plate ⬆ Rover
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2460 posts
2941 upvotes
Laputa
CrazeeGhost wrote:
Millenniunn wrote: Well... I prefer 3G data for only $50, just tell them you want Fido Loyalty plan
Isn't the data speeds on Loyalty plans LTE?
I mean 3G of usage. It is LTE.
Last edited by Millenniunn on Nov 8th, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
May 18, 2016
15 posts
15 upvotes
$45 2GB and $50 3GB aren't available nationally.
Millenniunn wrote: Or you can get 2G for $45 + 3G for $15 data only plan, that's 5G data for $60 in total... you can also get $50 back after 3 months, so it's actually $56 per month

And... if you are lucky... you can get 10% off for your $45 BYOD plan(Got it before, not sure if they are still giving it).
If a rep offers you 10% off of a loyalty plan, they don't know what they are doing.
Dec 26, 2015
480 posts
398 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
hey op when i click the link i get the below but nothing happened after 5 minutes any idea?

"To avoid accidental ending of your chat session, please do not refresh this browser window.

If you are using a mobile device, please note that your session may disconnect if you receive a call, if your device goes into sleep mode or if you are browsing on a different page during your chat session."
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2460 posts
2941 upvotes
Laputa
FastestCowsInTheField wrote:
$45 2GB and $50 3GB aren't available nationally.
Millenniunn wrote: Or you can get 2G for $45 + 3G for $15 data only plan, that's 5G data for $60 in total... you can also get $50 back after 3 months, so it's actually $56 per month

If a rep offers you 10% off of a loyalty plan, they don't know what they are doing.
Of course it's nationally... well... if you are in BC, etc. you can even get better deal, like $48 for 5G.

That's why im saying "if you are lucky..." Many people got it before, just keep calling different rep.

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
In QC, there's a PromoPlus5 plan, not sure if available elsewhere
$54 6GB 1000LD BYOP
$500 ECF

$0 iPhone 5S 16GB
$80 iPhone SE
$0 LG G3
$0 LG G4
$150 LG G5
$0 Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
$150 Samsung Galaxy S6 32GB

Looks like they are also kinda matching PM's with their $49.5/4GB plan?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
This is a decent start but IMO not good enough, in light of the current competition. We need a BYOD 4 GB plan in the $50ish range with Canada-wide calling and global text, with Fido Roam support. I couldn't give a damn about Spotify, and most don't need 1000 international long distance minutes either so drop those and give us a lower price, in the $5x range with Fido Roam support.

Or if they're not going to give a cheap Fido Roam option then should stop pricing the Travel Packs so horrendously high.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3146 posts
1489 upvotes
systemdude wrote: If you are using a mobile device, please note that your session may disconnect if you receive a call, if your device goes into sleep mode or if you are browsing on a different page during your chat session."
...but if you were on a BlackBerry 10 device that has true multitasking this wouldn't be the case, but BlackBerry management botched the job and so now no multitasking for you!
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Ah the BYOD $49.5/4GB plan is only in QC it seems...
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3146 posts
1489 upvotes
FastestCowsInTheField wrote: Fido currently has a non-advertised plan which is available to everyone who calls or chats into them and says "Fido20th".
The plans are the 3GB plans with an extra 1GB added onto it for a total of 4GB, they are available for all of their Plus Categories.
I think it helps to say that the "plus" is added to this amount: so if you have a "plus 15" agreement with Fido, you have to add that $15 if you change your current plan. So it would be $75 per month.

Do I have that right? Or is it moot because this plan is only for new customers?
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.
Nov 3, 2014
23 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do these plans have Canada-wide calling?
Feb 1, 2007
5 posts
1 upvote
kboulder wrote: Do these plans have Canada-wide calling?
For those that wonder about Canada wide calling, you could use Google Hangouts with the Dialer (just search Google Hangouts Dialer in the Play Store). Calling is free if you use Data/Wi-Fi to call anywhere in Canada and the US. This would save you a bunch rather than adding an add-on just for Canada-wide calling.

I don't have an iPhone, but I believe the Hangouts on IOS should do the same.
May 18, 2016
15 posts
15 upvotes
lorax1284 wrote:
FastestCowsInTheField wrote: Fido currently has a non-advertised plan which is available to everyone who calls or chats into them and says "Fido20th".
I think it helps to say that the "plus" is added to this amount: so if you have a "plus 15" agreement with Fido, you have to add that $15 if you change your current plan. So it would be $75 per month.

Do I have that right? Or is it moot because this plan is only for new customers?
This is correct - All the Plus plan categories are available with this plan.

If you're on a Max plan with a contract right now, you need to change to a Plus35.
Smart plan = Plus15.
Standard = Plus10.

It can vary by account/agreement.
honogram wrote:
For those that wonder about Canada wide calling, you could use Google Hangouts with the Dialer (just search Google Hangouts Dialer in the Play Store). Calling is free if you use Data/Wi-Fi to call anywhere in Canada and the US. This would save you a bunch rather than adding an add-on just for Canada-wide calling.

These plans do have Canada-wide calling.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Or you can pay the remaining balance and go with the BYOD price
Jan 1, 2013
451 posts
320 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE
Daijoubu wrote: In QC, there's a PromoPlus5 plan, not sure if available elsewhere
$54 6GB 1000LD BYOP
$500 ECF

$0 iPhone 5S 16GB
$80 iPhone SE
$0 LG G3
$0 LG G4
$150 LG G5
$0 Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
$150 Samsung Galaxy S6 32GB

Looks like they are also kinda matching PM's with their $49.5/4GB plan?
Where are you seeing $54? I see $58.50
Monthly Service Fee $65.00$58.50

Also, what is ECF?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
FastestCowsInTheField wrote:
lorax1284 wrote:

This is correct - All the Plus plan categories are available with this plan.

If you're on a Max plan with a contract right now, you need to change to a Plus35.
Smart plan = Plus15.
Standard = Plus10.

It can vary by account/agreement.
honogram wrote:

These plans do have Canada-wide calling.
The stupid part of this is that they have a double standard for plan conversion/equivalents. For example, if you are on contract with a Smart Plan and want to switch to a current plan, you have to switch to a Plus15 plan. However, if you are not on contract with a Smart Plan and want to get a hardware upgrade, the Smart Plan only counts as a Plus10 plan, which is basically useless for hardware upgrades.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)