Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Fido Internet - 50% off, 150M $37.5, 75M $32.5 for 12 months, new customer may qualify for a 100 GC

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 12:28 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 27, 2006
5969 posts
2754 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
Y.M.C.M.B wrote: how long does it typically take to activate the line?
receive the modem?
It would seem 1 to 3 days to courier the modem and the line usually activated beforehand.
Apr 9, 2008
542 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
StatusQuo wrote: Hi everyone, so I'm in the process of making a complaint with the CCTS and I would encourage everyone else having problems to do the same.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers ... aint-form/

On black friday I signed up for Fido internet, a mobile plan, and got the free tablet with 4gb data for two years. These were the fees I was expecting:

Internet: $75 - 50% off (37.50) + tax = $42.375 per month
Mobile phone plan: $20 per month + $35 activation fee, but I was given a $75 bill credit to cover the activation + first two months of service = $0
Tablet: $0 for monthly data plan, $0 for tablet, $35 activation fee waived = $0.

In total, for the first two months atleast, my bill should be $42.38 after tax. Instead my first bill was $161 in total. What a joke hahaha. As soon as I told the fido rep I've made a complaint with the CCTS he asked me to reconsider making a complaint and that his superiors would be calling me tomorrow to rectify the situation. I told him you do what you need to do but I'll make sure it gets rectified one way or the other and hopefully after this complaint, it's the last time they mess around with my bill.

I was told that the activation fee will be reversed in the second or the third statement. If you see a $35 activation fee credit tag in the service agreement, you should be fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1685 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
StatusQuo wrote: Hi everyone, so I'm in the process of making a complaint with the CCTS and I would encourage everyone else having problems to do the same.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers ... aint-form/

On black friday I signed up for Fido internet, a mobile plan, and got the free tablet with 4gb data for two years. These were the fees I was expecting:

Internet: $75 - 50% off (37.50) + tax = $42.375 per month
Mobile phone plan: $20 per month + $35 activation fee, but I was given a $75 bill credit to cover the activation + first two months of service = $0
Tablet: $0 for monthly data plan, $0 for tablet, $35 activation fee waived = $0.

In total, for the first two months atleast, my bill should be $42.38 after tax. Instead my first bill was $161 in total. What a joke hahaha. As soon as I told the fido rep I've made a complaint with the CCTS he asked me to reconsider making a complaint and that his superiors would be calling me tomorrow to rectify the situation. I told him you do what you need to do but I'll make sure it gets rectified one way or the other and hopefully after this complaint, it's the last time they mess around with my bill.
The internet speed from fido is great no complaints, having to fix any issue or speak to a rep is terrible, they have messed up my account more times that I can even remb since i renewed my internet with them. The newest screwup of theirs is being unable to see my internet bill/ breakdown of the charges my last bill i can see is for sept, i called a week ago the rep said np wait a few days it will appear (it has not), such bs dealing with them
Jan 26, 2012
116 posts
82 upvotes
NORTH YORK
crazyqqq wrote: I was told that the activation fee will be reversed in the second or the third statement. If you see a $35 activation fee credit tag in the service agreement, you should be fine.
I totally get what you're saying and I believe you. The problem for me is that, the store rep made no mention of this and it's not shown on my receipt. My receipt says activation: $0. which leads me to believe that the fee should be waived. Not that I should pay the fee then get later reimbursed which is not what the store rep told me. I don't care over the dollars that they're charging, I'm mad about the principle.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
2522 posts
1433 upvotes
Toronto
My gift card status changed today to “Registered – Pending Fulfillment”
Yeah!
Celebrating 21+ years on RFD!
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough
wysiwyg wrote: My gift card status changed today to “Registered – Pending Fulfillment”
Yeah!
Same. And I got a free tablet (MediaPad t5 10) already as well....
Aug 15, 2006
73 posts
36 upvotes
Has anyone NOT received their gift card yet?

I'm still waiting for mine, but I just registered on myfidopromotions.com Dec 28th because prior agents told me to hold off from signing up on that site. Said I was to wait 21 days for some specific registration email that never came so I just registered anyways before this 30 day deadline hit. Just wonder if others went through the same thing.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 27, 2006
5969 posts
2754 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
sqrlz wrote: Has anyone NOT received their gift card yet?

I'm still waiting for mine, but I just registered on myfidopromotions.com Dec 28th because prior agents told me to hold off from signing up on that site. Said I was to wait 21 days for some specific registration email that never came so I just registered anyways before this 30 day deadline hit. Just wonder if others went through the same thing.
Mine has finally arrived.
Anyone know if you can use this to pay the Fido bill?
Oct 15, 2014
484 posts
1330 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Was this a scam? I signed up in Dec 2019 and still haven't got anything. Also the website fo the voucher isn't even available anymore...
Feb 5, 2012
431 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone been able to renew this beyond the first year?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
1045 posts
895 upvotes
Kanata
Just got an email saying they will extend for 12 months for $20 off. So $45 for 75M.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)