Fido loyalty Plan

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2017 9:16 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 11, 2017
2 posts

Fido loyalty Plan

Hey guys this is my first post hoping I can get some insight. I live in Kamloops BC with 3 phone lines with Fido. One line for myself, one for my mother, and one for my father. Recently they have been incurring charges and I called fido and now really stuck on a decision.

lines
#1: 500 minutes/1gb of data/ unlimited texting and other junk comes with indefinite 10percent discount after taxes comes to 40.32
#2: 500 minutes/1gb of data/ unlimited texting fido plus plan and other junk comes with indefinite 10percent discount after taxes comes to 40.32
#3: 150 minutes/ 100mbs of data/ unlimited texting and other junk comes with indefinite 10percent discount after taxes comes to 35.28

total per month is 120.15 once in a while a 5 dollar extra usage charge.

So I checked my bill and noticed my fathers line was charged 125 in over minute charges so I got on the phone with fido and got it credited back. While on the phone the agent had stated and texted me saying she would add" for a 24 month period unlimited calling plus 1gb of data to all 3 numbers free of charge" for being a loyalty customer since 2011 or so.
Awesome I was sold unfortunately it was after 9pm and the line disconnected so I had to call back this morning. This morning I found out the offer made was non existent, also that the only thing they could do is give me this very exclusive loyalty plan.

unlimited minutes/3gb of data/ fido plus plan unlimited texting and other junk comes with it for 45 dollars a month. Now this plan sounds great but I much preferred the free option to all the lines as I was offered and have proof of the offer over a text from fido. Since apparently that 24 month offer was not a thing I had to go from agent to supervisor waiting for 3 hours while I did my work to final receive a dumb reply.

supervisor " I can give you the plan for 45 dollars seeing your a loyalty customer but you will lose your 10 percent discount." Now I don't find this fair as the deal was bring more lines and receive 10 percent discounts. Now that the lines are here you want to remove the discount. I know that the plans a great deal and even without the 10 percent I am getting a steal but the principle is what bothers me. I was offer a something at no extra cost..... but now I have to pay more for something that won't even get used.

Therefore I made a compromise with the supervisor, allow me to keep my discounts on all three lines, as I had earned them, and give me the loyalty plan for all three lines. Now I think thats a fair negotiation but he would not move from his offer. He has scheduled a call from fido president to deal with this matter as I am not happy as a customer. I have a phone plane form the US thats unlimited everything for 60CAD a month... thats everything....

And while I understand get rid of the discount its a good deal.... let me put it this way...... I was offered something free, then taken away..... I was offered a better deal but to lose discount.... I offered to pay more on all lines but for a discount....... The point is I pay 120ish a month for all three lines that rarely get over charged. I will be okay with paying 133ish dollars for all three to be in the fido plus plan though I refuse to pay 151 dollars for extra data, minutes, and 3 fido plus Spotify bs that will never be used.

Anyway I'm glad I made that super short..... haha not really... Anyway when the president calls me I am wondering what I can do or say to have this go through. As fido has now wasted my time, their receptions sub-par, and tricky moves like " its a loyalty plan" when its actually a retention plan because of freedom mobile really grinds my nerves.

Say I'm leaving? tell them I will report to Crtc for false advertising free 24 monthstuff? let me know thanks. Again I want to clarify I am willing to spend a little bit more (13ish more) a month for the peace of mind that 3gbs and unlimited is there but not 31 when I was offered basically the same services for 0 dollars.

side note.... I did not proof read or check run on sentences or anything. Rush write hope it made sense..... Heart to all Canadians
4 replies
Nov 1, 2009
430 posts
51 upvotes
I'd say vote with your wallet, imo loyalty plan are non existence these days.
Sound like they go over their minutes, it will be best find out if this a one off or reoccurring incidents, same goes for their data.
From there find plans that will fit their need & your wallet happy.
Oct 7, 2016
902 posts
448 upvotes
Didn't read through your entire post but I was with Fido and got similar run around. I ended up leaving Fido and jumped to Public Mobile, and then Zoomer in January and I've never been happier.

You actually just missed some amazing promos with Zoomer that ended last month or two. But if you are looking for a new carrier, right now they should still have $36 1GB (previously 2GB) LTE 400 Canada Wide daytime minutes, unlimited evening/weekend/text and free Samsung J3 under a 2 year contract. This still sounds like it is less than what you pay for each line currently. After 6 months with Zoomer you can switch to one of their Loyalty Plans for $36 2gb LTE, $45 4GB LTE or $54 5GB LTE and limited Canada Wide calling.

Zoomer is owned by Cityfone which is owned by Rogers. Same Rogers Network, just like Fido but less money.

Also, until the end of September they have a $50 referral credit available if referred by current customer. If you wait a few weeks, they may have their 2GB $36/$40.50 promos for September.
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
Ebates: Lifetime Cash Back - $625.34
Tangerine: 2.4% interest in New cheating & savings accounts

OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
[OP]
Aug 11, 2017
2 posts
I looked on their website. I did not see anything close to my plans.
Oct 7, 2016
902 posts
448 upvotes
sparta185948 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 8:52 pm
I looked on their website. I did not see anything close to my plans.
Check out their banner on their home page. They list a $40.50 1GB plan. Basically double talk text and data on any of their smartphone plans also but it may be unadvertised. They should have a $36 1GB Plan Also but YMMV. After 6 months Loyalty Plan offers 2GB for $36 instead along with unlimited minutes. They sometimes have unadvertised promos so activate a chat session or call in to ask about any current promos.

Edit: this is the link to my thread on their previous $36 2GB offer that ran from January-July for more details

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/zoomer- ... t-2074500/
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
Ebates: Lifetime Cash Back - $625.34
Tangerine: 2.4% interest in New cheating & savings accounts

OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo