Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Fido Mobile Internet Flex data Plan 15$/ Month upto 3GB Data only plan

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2020 6:39 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
greg123 wrote: I assume you need a QC address to sign up?
Yeah, I believe you need a Quebec address to sign up for a Quebec plan (though there may be certain dealers that may work around that). In any event, you would be given a Quebec telephone number.
greg123 wrote: I though the 30% government plan is only good for certain plans?
It can be applied to any "Share Everything" plan (If you don't have a Share Everything Plan, you will get an error, so you would have to convert your plan first to a current Share Everything plan before the 30% discount can be applied (Regardless of Province). You simply visit Rogers.com/preferred . Indicate that you do not have a passcode. You input your government email address, and it will email you a code for confirm your eligibility for the discount. Once you have the code, you can return to the same website (or call Rogers) indicating that you have a code to apply to your Rogers account. That's it, That's all.
greg123 wrote: I'm currently on Wind, living in Ottawa, can you recommend the agent or store you used?
- I didn't go through a store. I signed up with Rogers online on the current Rogers Quebec Bring your own phone 10GB plan that is advertised for everyone for $85 (applying online qualified me for a $100 online promo credit).
- Received an 819 number and waited for the sim card in the mail.
- Once I received the sim card and the account details for my $85 Rogers Quebec plan, I went to Rogers.com/preferred indicating that I do not have a passcode. Inputted my federal gov details and my @canada.ca work email.
- Was instantly emailed a passcode to my work email. Went back to Rogers.com/preferred and indicated that I do have a passcode. Inputted my Rogers account details, and it instantly indicated that 30% off is being applied to my account (which brings the $85 price down to $59.50)
- Since my account is now considered a business account, due to the 30% discount, I had to call the Rogers business line to do my porting of my 613-Ottawa number from Wind Mobile
- Porting completed about 1 minute after I hung up with the rep, as I received a text indicating that my 613-xxx-xxxx has successfully been ported.
- I then setup my voicemail + spotify premium account

Where you may run into issues is the fact that you don't live in Quebec, so if you don't have a Quebec address, you may (or may not) have difficulties with the first step, which is to sign up on a current Rogers Quebec plan.
greg123 wrote: in what order did you do this?
call in apply the 30% government code
port number?

or can I just do it all with one call with a QC address?
See above.

djino
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
greg123 wrote: I signed up just Christmas with the tablet/$50 BB card deal, still trying to get customer rep to give me 50% off 1st year like some of you got...

Since the deal is still on $15 for 3gb, I'm thinking of getting a 2nd card and use it both in my Xiaomi dual sim phone, when I run out of data on sim 1, I would just swap the data to sim 2? Even if I don't manage to get 50% off for the first year, 30$ for 6gb is still a good deal correct?
I signed up for the $15 3gb fido plan at the end of August.

This week (almost 5 months later), I went onto Fido chat and told them I wanted to cancel my account effective the end of my current billing period (Feb 3rd). He asked why I wanted to cancel. I indicated that expenses were high and I'm trying to cut cost. I also asked if there was any discount that could help me out, like 50% or whatever). He put me on hold for a couple minutes, and came back with the 50% off for 12 months and said it will be applied to my account begging my next billing month (Feb 4th).

It was an easy quick Live chat request that was fulfilled. Had they not offered anything, I likely would have proceeded with the cancel, since 10GB is more than enough (as I currently have with Rogers).

djino
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
max011 wrote: Doesn’t make too much sense; it should be opposite… Someone already with the company for a long time obviously is too lazy to jump away or already developed “loyalty” [for whatever reason] on his own; new customer, however, actually might need a “loyalty booster”. And, if you got the “free” tablet, it is already a loyalty booster saying “stay, or pay $200”
Nah, that doesn't make sense either. Granted, someone who has been with the company for a long time, who doesn't threaten to cancel, wouldn't receive a loyalty credit since they are happy paying what they are paying. Just as if a new client signs up, they obviously signed up because they thought the product was of good value (there is no need to offer them any loyalty offer).

Its only when a long time client threatens to leave, would it make sense for a company to offer something to them, which is why you are seeing what you are seeing happen.

Does that make sense?

djino
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
greg123 wrote: 3gb data might not be enough for me now im ported to Fongo
Fongo uses about 1MB per minute on their high(er) quality codec. You'd have to be on calls for ~3,000 minutes a month to use up that 3GB. That's about 125 hours or 4 hours a day. And if the default codec works for you then double those hours. I realize most people want to do other things with their 3GB. But even 100MB to Fongo is 100 minutes per month, etc.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
bylo wrote: Fongo uses about 1MB per minute on their high(er) quality codec. You'd have to be on calls for ~3,000 minutes a month to use up that 3GB. That's about 125 hours or 4 hours a day. And if the default codec works for you then double those hours. I realize most people want to do other things with their 3GB. But even 100MB to Fongo is 100 minutes per month, etc.
But what about other apps that would use his data on top of his fongo usage.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
djino wrote: But what about other apps that would use his data on top of his fongo usage.
Reread what you just quoted, especially, "I realize most people want to do other things with their 3GB. But even 100MB to Fongo is 100 minutes per month, etc."

IOW if one talks on Fongo for 100 minutes per month using 100MB there's still 2.9GB for other things. My point being that unless one plans to do an awful lot of talking on Fongo its data usage would be only a small, likely immaterial, percentage of their 3GB quota.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Besides Djino, who else got the 50% off this week? :)

Maybe it's worth trying to cancel but if I cancel, I will not have any back up. lol.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
alanbrenton wrote: Maybe it's worth trying to cancel but if I cancel, I will not have any back up. lol.
What happens if...
1. You call and indicate that you're "planning to cancel."
2. If they offer you the 50%, then take it.
3. If they refuse and offer to process your cancellation say something like, "I need to discuss this with my spouse first. Let me call you back." or "I need to confirm a better offer from another carrier before I can cancel with you. Let me call you back.", etc.

IOW if you get to 3. can you not cancel your cancellation? I can't imagine why they'd force you to cancel, especially since you started with only "planning".
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
So who got the 50% off this week?

I'm not going to bother if no one else bu Djino did. :)
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: So who got the 50% off this week?

I'm not going to bother if no one else bu Djino did. :)
Even if nobody got it this week, you still go for it. Where is the justice when they have given the discount to so many and you got left out.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
will888 wrote: Even if nobody got it this week, you still go for it. Where is the justice when they have given the discount to so many and you got left out.
No one spoke up. Usually people posts either to help or to brag but best if done for both.

I used the line that my wife wants me to cancel the accounts. I did mention that no matter what the outcome, I will talk to my wife and cancel at a latter time.

I also asked for 80% off so that we can meet in the middle. :)
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Yay, I got the 50% off:

11:31 AM Sam***:
Thank you for your patience, I understand that you are looking to cancel three tablet lines.
11:31 AM Alan :
My wife wants me to do that
but I told her we might be able to get the 50% loyalty discount to keep our lines alive
11:32 AM Alan :
so I'm just trying to find out from you if you can extend us this one time 50% off for 12 months discount
And then I can discuss later on with her if we should keep or cancel the plans
11:36 AM Sam***:
I am just making a few confirmations here, one moment please. :)
11:36 AM Alan :
thanks Sam***
11:46 AM Alan :
Hi Sam***, take your time, I'll still here
11:50 AM Sam***:
Just added that 50% to all of your lines, that will be effective on the 23, ok?
11:51 AM Alan :
that's great. I will tell my wife now.
Is that good for 12 months?
if I can only hug you!
is there a confirmation number you can give me just in case the discount doesn't get reflected?
11:52 AM Alan :
Glad you were able to help me. This way I will tell my wife in her face that I should keep these accounts because Fido is so cool
11:54 AM Sam***:
I'm so glad I would help! I would be able to give you the interaction ID for the chat, one moment please. :)
11:54 AM Alan :
Thanks so much.
Really appreciate it
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
alanbrenton wrote: Yay, I got the 50% off:
Congrats!

P.S. Did those three lines have the 24-month commitment from the free tablet promotion?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
bylo wrote: Congrats!

P.S. Did those three lines have the 24-month commitment from the free tablet promotion?
Thanks.

No, I didn't need a free tablet (already have a Tab S2) and I already had the three lines before that deal was posted.

Nice to sell for $100-150 but I didn't want to bother and good I didn't with all those head aches some RFD members experienced.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
bylo wrote: What happens if...
1. You call and indicate that you're "planning to cancel."
2. If they offer you the 50%, then take it.
3. If they refuse and offer to process your cancellation say something like, "I need to discuss this with my spouse first. Let me call you back." or "I need to confirm a better offer from another carrier before I can cancel with you. Let me call you back.", etc.

IOW if you get to 3. can you not cancel your cancellation? I can't imagine why they'd force you to cancel, especially since you started with only "planning".
My usual line is: “Oh no thanks, don’t worry about it. I’m keeping the number, I will port it out on my own…”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
max011 wrote: My usual line is: “Oh no thanks, don’t worry about it. I’m keeping the number, I will port it out on my own…”
That works too. Good idea!

P.S. I just posted the snippet below on the Fongo thread, but it's relevant to the ongoing discussions about Fongo on this thread:
Fongo can receive faxes (remember that technology?) and display them on your smartphone or tablet. When someone wants to send you a fax just let their call go to voicemail. Then go to Fongo's Voicemail screen to view, email, print, etc. the fax.

Admittedly there's not much demand for faxing anymore, however
• Some fields like medicine still rely on fax to send prescriptions, patient records, etc.
• This is also a simple way to scan-to-email if you don't have a scanner handy. Send a fax to your Fongo number from any fax machine, then forward it wherever it needs to go.
• Got a new multi-function printer with fax? Check the fax sending function by sending a test page to Fongo.
• etc.

Of course some spammers still pollute the planet with unsolicited faxes. At least with Fongo fewer trees have to die for nothing.
I don't know if other VoIP services like TextNow also support inbound faxes or if they do so as well as Fongo.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Yay, I got the 50% off:

11:31 AM Sam***:
Thank you for your patience, I understand that you are looking to cancel three tablet lines.
My wife wants me to do that
but I told her we might be able to get the 50% loyalty discount to keep our lines alive
so I'm just trying to find out from you if you can extend us this one time 50% off for 12 months discount
And then I can discuss later on with her if we should keep or cancel the plans
11:36 AM Sam***:
I am just making a few confirmations here, one moment please. :)
11:36 AM Alan :
thanks Sam***
11:46 AM Alan :
Hi Sam***, take your time, I'll still here
11:50 AM Sam***:
Just added that 50% to all of your lines, that will be effective on the 23, ok?
that's great. I will tell my wife now.
Is that good for 12 months?
if I can only hug you!
is there a confirmation number you can give me just in case the discount doesn't get reflected?
11:52 AM Alan :
Glad you were able to help me. This way I will tell my wife in her face that I should keep these accounts because Fido is so cool
11:54 AM Sam***:
I'm so glad I would help! I would be able to give you the interaction ID for the chat, one moment please. :)
Thanks so much.
Really appreciate it
Wifey is going to be so proud of you.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
So have people been able to tether off this plan? Or use this plan in a phone as a hotspot? I keep on getting a message noting "verifying service authorization...please wait" and then another message indicating " there is temporary network problem that is preventing the mobile hotspot function fron being enabled. Please try again later."
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
kmchow wrote: So have people been able to tether off this plan? Or use this plan in a phone as a hotspot? I keep on getting a message noting "verifying service authorization...please wait" and then another message indicating " there is temporary network problem that is preventing the mobile hotspot function fron being enabled. Please try again later."
No issues with creating a mobile hotspot on my android OnePlus 2.

Djino
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
kmchow wrote: So have people been able to tether off this plan? Or use this plan in a phone as a hotspot? I keep on getting a message noting "verifying service authorization...please wait" and then another message indicating " there is temporary network problem that is preventing the mobile hotspot function fron being enabled. Please try again later."
What phone are you using? What are the APN settings?

I've had no problems tethering with a Nexus 5 and the default APN settings that got created when I first inserted the SIM.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)