Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Fido Mobile Internet Flex data Plan 15$/ Month upto 3GB Data only plan

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2020 6:39 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
alanbrenton wrote: She must have turned her Data Roaming on her phone accidentally.
Fido can tell when you're roaming outside Canada. After all they send you a text message to tell you about their roaming rates.

Fido should automatically block roaming until the customer replies to that text to explicitly consent to roaming. Of course they'll never do that because it's far more profitable for them to act dumb.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2007
1514 posts
382 upvotes
I had a Galaxy Note 3 on this plan for a while, then it got stolen, so I bought a new Fido SIM card and put it in a new phone (an old Moto E) and called Fido to activate the new SIM card, but I can't get any data. I also tried it in a Moto G4+ and a Samsung Galaxy S5 and those didn't work either. Any ideas?
❗
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
dtp11 wrote: I had a Galaxy Note 3 on this plan for a while, then it got stolen, so I bought a new Fido SIM card and put it in a new phone (an old Moto E) and called Fido to activate the new SIM card, but I can't get any data. I also tried it in a Moto G4+ and a Samsung Galaxy S5 and those didn't work either. Any ideas?
This happened to me back in August. I've been on this plan since Aug 2016. Data was working in my Oneplus 2 phone all the way up until the beginning of July. Then it just stopped working. I didn't do anything about it for almost 2 months, then I went to visit a Fido store. They swapped to a new sim card, then all of a sudden, things started working.

Maybe you have a faulty sim.

djino
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2007
1514 posts
382 upvotes
djino wrote: This happened to me back in August. I've been on this plan since Aug 2016. Data was working in my Oneplus 2 phone all the way up until the beginning of July. Then it just stopped working. I didn't do anything about it for almost 2 months, then I went to visit a Fido store. They swapped to a new sim card, then all of a sudden, things started working.

Maybe you have a faulty sim.

djino
Will try that. Thanks so much!
❗
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3744 posts
1986 upvotes
Vancouver
I can't read through all 266 pages, is unlimited texting now included in the plan ? I just logged into my account and this is what I see.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
514 upvotes
No such luck. It means you sent one text (going to cost you) and are welcome to send an unlimited number at (I think) $0.25 each
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3744 posts
1986 upvotes
Vancouver
gameon12 wrote: No such luck. It means you sent one text (going to cost you) and are welcome to send an unlimited number at (I think) $0.25 each
Nope, I didn't send any text, I had the plan for over 1 year and I blocked texting since day one.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
514 upvotes
charlesd79 wrote: Nope, I didn't send any text, I had the plan for over 1 year and I blocked texting since day one.
Just interpreting the screen shot. See, "Anytime - 1 texts"
Call it in. They will credit you.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7024 upvotes
GTA North
In case someone asked this before I apologize (early morning here zzzzish) and not wading through 200+ pages. Will a phablet phone (in my case a LG G4) work with this deal seeing as it is for tablets?
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
thedealhunter2000 wrote: In case someone asked this before I apologize (early morning here zzzzish) and not wading through 200+ pages. Will a phablet phone (in my case a LG G4) work with this deal seeing as it is for tablets?
any device unlocked or locked to Fido will work assuming its compatible with the bands that the Rogers network uses.

djino
Sep 1, 2016
24 posts
2 upvotes
cloneman wrote: Has anyone been able to add anything to this plan through Fido?

Value packs?
Call Forwarding?
Unlimited Texting?
Value pack....Not available
Call forwarding...$1.00 / Minute
Unlimited texting...as much as you want at $0.45 per

Tried it and that's what I got.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1332 posts
662 upvotes
Chambly, QC
User588368 wrote: Value pack....Not available
Call forwarding...$1.00 / Minute
Unlimited texting...as much as you want at $0.45 per

Tried it and that's what I got.
0,45$ per.... month? Text?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
RobertRabbit wrote: 0,45$ per.... month? Text?
Per text.

Note however that others have posted that they managed to get value packs and text packs on this plan. So, as usual for Fido, this stuff seems YMMV.
veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 1, 2016
24 posts
2 upvotes
bylo wrote: Per text.

Note however that others have posted that they managed to get value packs and text packs on this plan. So, as usual for Fido, this stuff seems YMMV.
I inquired myself on adding the value pack and the CSR looked at my plan and said nope. It's not available with the data only plan. Otherwise, I would have 3 gigs + 2500 minutes? and unlimited text for $7.50 + $15. / month. I highly doubt that YMMV. Otherwise, everyone would jump onboard with this workaround. If others have got it, I sincerely envy you.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
anyone else got locked out of their fido online account?

I called two days ago, was told I'd be getting a p/w reset email to no avail.

Today, I called again and was told to call a number. When I called, it was the Rogers Fraud Department.

I just want to change my pre-authorized payment to my new Rogers WE MC card.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
alanbrenton wrote: anyone else got locked out of their fido online account?

Today, I called again and was told to call a number. When I called, it was the Rogers Fraud Department.

No problem for me.
Logged in and logged out just now as I usually do.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: anyone else got locked out of their fido online account?

drdtyc wrote: No problem for me.
Logged in and logged out just now as I usually do.
Someone using an known IP address hacked into my account and tried to order a phone lol.

I don't think I had a credit card on file except for pre-authorized bill payments but the card rarely has enough credit limit to buy a thousand dollar phone.
Nov 15, 2007
25 posts
9 upvotes
I just chatted to quit the $15 3GB plan and got it knocked down to $7.50 from $15. retentions!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)