• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2018 1:23 am
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 13, 2018
1 posts
Beaver Dam, NB

Fido flagging customers

I just got off the phone with a fido agent who was calling me about a winback offer. I got talking and the guy told me they're starting to "flag" customers who ask for winback offers and make it obvious they're playing the system. I assume Rogers is doing the same since they're the same company.
I think this is terrible, but I got a free phone and 10gb for $60
Be careful not to get flagged
22 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16777 posts
5292 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds like empty threat BS to me. As long as there is a win back department, the games will continue. If they want to stop the practice, then don't play roulette with the customer. Make them an offer they can't refuse before they walk out the door. Personally, I am not into coming back after I leave. Past service providers go to the bottom of the list.
Koodo $35/5GB and $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo $120/12GB/90 days
Fido $0/3GB
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
29257 posts
4327 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
will888 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 11:42 am
Personally, I am not into coming back after I leave. Past service providers go to the bottom of the list.
People have to remember why they left in the first place.

However, I did come back to Koodo after leaving to Public Mobile.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
15772 posts
3163 upvotes
Toronto
I'd be shocked if all of the major carriers didn't do that. Remember, each call gets logged, and data is entered into your account about why you called.

It's just that some care more about this than others.
May 8, 2009
7415 posts
3442 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
will888 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 11:42 am
Sounds like empty threat BS to me. As long as there is a win back department, the games will continue. If they want to stop the practice, then don't play roulette with the customer. Make them an offer they can't refuse before they walk out the door. Personally, I am not into coming back after I leave. Past service providers go to the bottom of the list.
If you switch out, is it on bad terms? For you or the carrier?

If you switch out on unfavourable terms for the carrier, they might not want you back...
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7356 posts
1178 upvotes
They can always "leave notes" on your file, but most agents don't care and just continue to offer what theyre suppose to.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3207 posts
517 upvotes
Calgary
They claim we are playing the system? LMAO.

They have been playing the system that's why the wireless industry in Canada is one of the worst in the world. No real competition with extremely high monthly cellphone rates compared to other countries. Don't start with bullshit about the country being big, we are aware we are subsidizing the cost of that from our taxes.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16777 posts
5292 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 4:16 pm
If you switch out, is it on bad terms? For you or the carrier?

If you switch out on unfavourable terms for the carrier, they might not want you back...
You know how it is with carrier-customer relations. It is a love/hate type of thing. When something out there is better, we hate our current carrier and leave. Carriers love our money and want us back when we are out the door. We have no loyalty to them and they have no loyalty to us.
Fido $0/3GB
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16777 posts
5292 upvotes
Toronto
casperr wrote:
Sep 15th, 2018 6:46 pm
They claim we are playing the system? LMAO.

They have been playing the system that's why the wireless industry in Canada is one of the worst in the world. No real competition with extremely high monthly cellphone rates compared to other countries. Don't start with bullshit about the country being big, we are aware we are subsidizing the cost of that from our taxes.
So shopping the best deal is playing the system. Nice interpretation.
Fido $0/3GB
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16777 posts
5292 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 12:34 pm
People have to remember why they left in the first place.

However, I did come back to Koodo after leaving to Public Mobile.
I should say that Public Mobile <> Koodo is an exception to the rule. We need to migrate to Koodo when they present those "you just cannot refuse" offers. But once the credits run out, we have to go back to Public Mobile to repoise ourselves for the next offer because the next offer is better than the last one.
Fido $0/3GB
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
29257 posts
4327 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
@will888

I doubt there will ever be a better deal at Public Mobile that can beat what Koodo currently offers. All indications point to Telus shutting down Public Mobile.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2214 posts
265 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 2:04 am
@will888

I doubt there will ever be a better deal at Public Mobile that can beat what Koodo currently offers. All indications point to Telus shutting down Public Mobile.
I disagree.
Knowing our notorious robelus, Public Mobile will stay in business as long as Chatr and Lucky Mobile are out there.
Jul 6, 2015
10 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Well I guess I will get flagged if that is the case lol. I called Fido this week because honestly, they don't currently have a single deal on anything that can't be had elsewhere for a better deal. In the course of the conversation trying to hammer out something worthwhile I mentioned that wouldn't it make more sense not to walk a customer when you have them in the store vs begging them to come back a bit down the road when your Winback dept gets involved. Anyway, long story short they wouldn't offer me anything that was worth re-upping for and they are now losing me and my wife. they didn't seem to give a shyte. When I was talking to them about shopping their prices their only response was to run their competitors down bad mouthing every aspect of their service. Then they tried the "these offers aren't available to just anyone", lol. Somehow they couldn't grasp or didn't care to, that offers, no matter how much they might reduce their prices are still worthless if you can get a better deal elsewhere!
Aug 18, 2018
594 posts
336 upvotes
SFO <==> YYZ
I mean did you honestly expect them to give a shit?

Also I think thread title should be changed to "Fido flogging customers" instead
GV/Hangouts
T-Mobile $10/2GB Simple Choice
Mint Mobile 3 months for $20, 5GB/month BF promo
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16777 posts
5292 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 2:04 am
@will888

What indications? Are these reliable sources or is it Koodo store reps fear mongering to get you to switch?

This migration game started with $40/4GB back in February. It has gotten incrementally better. The best time of year for a short spurt of competition is around the end of year. There will be some good deals coming out before year end. I feel quite confident that Koodo won't let me down. I am calling for $40/10GB, maybe $45.
Fido $0/3GB
Tangerine Bank

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)