Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Flex data $15 1gb, $25 3gb, $35 5GB (special extended for limited time)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2016 7:40 pm
Tags:
Jan 11, 2009
839 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto
jerryhung wrote: and why $30? isn't it just $15/month? did you use more than 1GB or cross over 2 months/statements?
did not use more than 100 MB - they mentioned it crossed over two statements and there is no prorated option for this plean - so your charged $15 no matter what for each statement even though i used it for less than 7 days. I didnt bother - just paid it off as I was on hold for 20 minutes and would have been in hold for another 30 minutes to try and save $10-$15.
Oct 13, 2007
70 posts
1 upvote
I am thinking cancel my Telus cellphone, and use a reliable IP phone with this plan. Is it workable? Which IP phone company are you guys using? How stable is the 3G/LTE signal with Fido?
Sep 6, 2012
586 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
fishlover wrote: I am thinking cancel my Telus cellphone, and use a reliable IP phone with this plan. Is it workable? Which IP phone company are you guys using? How stable is the 3G/LTE signal with Fido?
I use this plan for Voip purpose in Vancouver area and will rate it as okay only. If stable voice mail is important to you, get a dual sim phone w/ Speakout as your voice and this Fido promotion for Data.

Either way, $15 for one GB is pretty reasonable and get it while you can.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1828 posts
884 upvotes
Up in the air
So with this plan can you just sign up for the $15/1Gb data, and only pay for that, ie., no other service from Fido is required like a talk/text plan?

Been on the Bell $20/1Gb tablet plan for a few years, might be worth switching.
Sep 6, 2012
586 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
flyboy320 wrote: So with this plan can you just sign up for the $15/1Gb data, and only pay for that, ie., no other service from Fido is required like a talk/text plan?

Been on the Bell $20/1Gb tablet plan for a few years, might be worth switching.
Yes but the sim does have a phone number with it as well so make sure it is used as a backup phone as it is $1/min.
May 24, 2006
174 posts
28 upvotes
xseanx wrote: fyi I bought this used it for a week and cancelled and got charged $30+ tax...you use it for a day and they charge you $15 as you post pay and they charge you immediately. If you cancel after a week the charge you for the whole month...so even if you use and mb for data and cancel after two days you got to pay $30+ tax
Fido had garbage billing system and stupid support staff.
I had this kind of issue too.
support refuse do anything and insist their billing is right.
I was told that Fido will charge me in front even if I am postpaid customer. in this case, 15$ is minimum that they can charge me on day 1.
A supervisor try to convince me that I won't be charged for next billing cycle if I cancelled right now and usage is less than 1G.
obviously its not the case.
also be aware don't modify anything to your account, you will be double charged for sure!!!
For example, if you change your phone number, you will be charged double. That happened to me.
Apr 11, 2016
2 posts
Now looks like this deal only available to fido existing customer.

I was unlucky. I went to the Errin Mills town centre fido store today. First time told no stock for the tablet. Ask me leave my contact in their list. One hour later called me that they found one somewhere else and ask me set up within half hour. But when I were there to set up the account, they told me they only can do that for existing customer. I also tried the online chat when I came back. No luck. They told me the same thing. Too bad........... :(
Sep 6, 2012
586 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
KZ2016 wrote: Now looks like this deal only available to fido existing customer.

I was unlucky. I went to the Errin Mills town centre fido store today. First time told no stock for the tablet. Ask me leave my contact in their list. One hour later called me that they found one somewhere else and ask me set up within half hour. But when I were there to set up the account, they told me they only can do that for existing customer. I also tried the online chat when I came back. No luck. They told me the same thing. Too bad........... :(
Call other Fido stores around to see if they still offer the plan before you head over. YMMV.
Jul 18, 2004
485 posts
497 upvotes
Tzar469 wrote: Anyone using VoIP with Android Marshmallow? If my phone is in Doze mode, TextNow doesn't wake up my phone when I get an incoming call, causing me to miss it. Anyone else have this problem?
I m using anveo number ($2 per month) for call in on number and Callwithus for international call out. Both with built in voip client in nexus 5. Works great.
Also use whatsapp and hangout with anveo number as caller id. Most of people now have whatsapp so my 95% calls are on whatsapp. I prefer whatsapp because most of times it auto reconnects the call when phone switches between wifi and mobile data.

Personally ,I found Forgo and and other app based services on android are not reliable. Sometimes work good , sometimes suck.

I also use Bria app on IPad 3rd generation with Anveo and Callwithus. This the best option imo. Much better than anything I have tried on android.

Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes
Samargupta wrote: I prefer whatsapp because most of times it auto reconnects the call when phone switches between wifi and mobile data.
Hangouts does that too. In addition to giving you a reliable voicemail, including transcription. How does whatsapp work? I don't have that app.
Mar 30, 2016
7 posts
1 upvote
thanks to rfd, i got a new iphone 5s w koodo through walmart on mar 31. and like everyone else here, i plan to switch after 90 days so i'm on the hunt for a new phone plan.

i just signup for fongo per a few rfder's suggestion and i have some questions:

1) if i byop, do i still get the same $15 for 1gb deal?

2) do i sign a term contract with fido? need credit check?

3) the free local phone number that fongo provided, can i port this number to other service provider in the future? (can i keep this number should i choose to cancel fongo?)

4) besides poor customer service & billing issues, are there anything about fido that i should be aware of? ie. how's their data connection/coverage? do they charge cancellation fees? etc.
Jul 18, 2004
485 posts
497 upvotes
Whatsapp feels faster. Try it. If someone have whatsapp and you have his phone number you will see him automatically in your whatsapp. So just call him in whatsapp. Or send him message. Same thing for you. He will you in his whatsapp and can call you. Simple as that
Jul 18, 2004
485 posts
497 upvotes
annything wrote: thanks to rfd, i got a new iphone 5s w koodo through walmart on mar 31. and like everyone else here, i plan to switch after 90 days so i'm on the hunt for a new phone plan.

Yes
No , yes
3) the free local phone number that fongo provided, can i port this number to other service provider in the future? (can i keep this number should i choose to cancel fongo?)

I think, yes, never tried

4) besides poor customer service & billing issues, are there anything about fido that i should be aware of? ie. how's their data connection/coverage? do they charge cancellation fees? etc.

Don't know
Sep 6, 2012
586 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
annything wrote: thanks to rfd, i got a new iphone 5s w koodo through walmart on mar 31. and like everyone else here, i plan to switch after 90 days so i'm on the hunt for a new phone plan.

1. Same price at $15 + local tax/Month.
2. No contract as it is M2M but yes on credit check if you aren't existing Fido customer.
3. You can port the Fongo number out.
4. Since the data reception and coverage varies, I would suggest you to try it out as the most you can lose is $15 bucks as it is a M2M service w/o contract. Watch out for the billing cycle though.
Aug 4, 2010
239 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
mcron wrote: Fido had garbage billing system and stupid support staff.
I had this kind of issue too.
support refuse do anything and insist their billing is right.
I was told that Fido will charge me in front even if I am postpaid customer. in this case, 15$ is minimum that they can charge me on day 1.
A supervisor try to convince me that I won't be charged for next billing cycle if I cancelled right now and usage is less than 1G.
obviously its not the case.
also be aware don't modify anything to your account, you will be double charged for sure!!!
For example, if you change your phone number, you will be charged double. That happened to me.
Both Fido and Rogers have this billing cycle issues for data plan. They said because it's based on usage and not number of days. So if I start the plan only has 1 day in the first billing cycle, I will be charged $15 for 1 day. I think it's unfair because we don't know their billing cycle dates. When I called Fido and Rogers, both agreed to charge based on number of days used for the first bill.
Temp. Banned
Sep 18, 2012
1355 posts
239 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
yu203964 wrote: Both Fido and Rogers have this billing cycle issues for data plan. They said because it's based on usage and not number of days. So if I start the plan only has 1 day in the first billing cycle, I will be charged $15 for 1 day. I think it's unfair because we don't know their billing cycle dates. When I called Fido and Rogers, both agreed to charge based on number of days used for the first bill.
No fido is worse. Bell is basically a don't use your phone for first 3 days scenario. Fido double charged me 2 months in a row! If you make any changes (ex change your number) It will double charge!
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2508 posts
1109 upvotes
Scarborough
So I got a bill for April 8 - April 8
$15
+ $10 for sim card (which I thought it was free, suggested by 3 agents before i signed up online)

I chatted online and got the $15 waived. Sadly couldn't get the sim card waived...
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1160 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I received a message and got charged for 40 cents.
I opened this plan on March 28 th and got my first bill April 4 which is $15+0.4+tax, it says it's the payment for March 28 to May 3rd. Should I trust it? I can't believe I don't have to pay the partial charge from March 28 to April 3rd. And how will they know my usage is within 1 GB? I mean I got charged for new month but I don't even how much I am using.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)