Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

HOT! Fido Internet 50% Off 75u $32.50 / 150u $37.50 + $50BBGC + 6mo SportsnetNOW + Chromecast(YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 10:27 pm
Nov 29, 2013
667 posts
1025 upvotes
TORONTO
HapBii wrote: Just called in to order the 150, they said billing date is when I receive the modem in 2-3 business days. Asked if the billing could start on the 5th, they said no. Doubt they'll be able to delay it for a month.

Also for anyone else when I signed up I was offered the 50 BBGC + 6 month sportsnet and a google chromecast.
How did you get a chromecast? I asked the agent and he didn't know anything about that otherwise took 5 minutes to set up as I'm a rogers wireless customer and he pulled my information from the Rogers database. Thanks OP!
Jun 30, 2014
154 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
HapBii wrote: Just called in to order the 150, they said billing date is when I receive the modem in 2-3 business days. Asked if the billing could start on the 5th, they said no. Doubt they'll be able to delay it for a month.

Also for anyone else when I signed up I was offered the 50 BBGC + 6 month sportsnet and a google chromecast.
Wow that's pretty good comes with a chrome cast? Didn't see that anywhere...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
HapBii wrote: Also for anyone else when I signed up I was offered the 50 BBGC + 6 month sportsnet and a google chromecast.
Nice the chromecast is a huge score definitely make this hot. I'm assuming you called Fido directly to get signup done. Might be YMMV but I'll update the OP for others to try their luck.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Apr 14, 2017
750 posts
717 upvotes
zing31 wrote: I'm currently with Carrytel with 75/10 for $35/month... I'd like to sign up for this instead since it's a slightly better deal and also has the gc and SNNOW. Is it likely that after the 12 months are up, I won't be able to find a deal as good as my current Carrytel one? If so then it's probably not worth switching for me
After a year you can jump ship and use whatever new client promo is offered then. There's always something available. I've been doing this a few years.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Dude care to tell us how you got the Chromecast thrown in the deal?

That will get me to get this deal as well, as I'm with Bell 50/10 for $40+tax per month.

Wow I've milked fido a lot so far thanks to RFD:

1. Fido call back
2. Free tablet and free data plan for tablet
3. This deal (if I can get a Chromecast as well lol)
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1715 posts
2240 upvotes
Toronto
Currently with Rogers. I'm assuming the service would be pretty much identical. Anyone able to get Rogers to match? If not I might as well just hop over to Fido.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
Majokito wrote: Currently with Rogers. I'm assuming the service would be pretty much identical. Anyone able to get Rogers to match? If not I might as well just hop over to Fido.
I came from rogers, they didn't even put up a fight.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Sep 5, 2018
28 posts
7 upvotes
cymrules wrote: How did you get a chromecast? I asked the agent and he didn't know anything about that otherwise took 5 minutes to set up as I'm a rogers wireless customer and he pulled my information from the Rogers database. Thanks OP!
No clue. The rep I was talking to started off by mention the gc which I knew about, then he followed up with a google chromecast which took me by surprise, and finally he mentioned the 6 month sportsnet subscription. He could have been mistaken, but the call was recorded on their system so I could always follow up on it later.
Sep 5, 2018
28 posts
7 upvotes
akz wrote: Nice the chromecast is a huge score definitely make this hot. I'm assuming you called Fido directly to get signup done. Might be YMMV but I'll update the OP for others to try their luck.
Yeah it definitely a YMMV and it honestly could have been a mistake on their end who knows. Call is recorded, no denying that i'll get something extra lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1715 posts
2240 upvotes
Toronto
akz wrote: I came from rogers, they didn't even put up a fight.
I guess they don't mind letting you go since you're still under the Rogers umbrella.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2823 posts
1493 upvotes
I have been trying to get Rogers to offer me a good deal at Richmond hill (house) but they refuse stating I don't qualify. Only 75 for 35$. But since this fido promo is indiscriminately, I hope they can match or beat it. Anyone have luck with Rogers to match this?
Aug 31, 2005
643 posts
177 upvotes
how do u sign up with no student ID? is it one year contract or cancel anytime? is price guaranteed for 1st year or donthey raise prices like rogersbell?
Aug 28, 2016
93 posts
18 upvotes
Do you actually have to be a student? Or just live chat or call them and it’s fine
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2009
1055 posts
698 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks OP, upgraded to 150u from my current 75u for $5 more, took 5 mins to make the switch.
Sep 5, 2018
28 posts
7 upvotes
crazychick wrote: how do u sign up with no student ID? is it one year contract or cancel anytime? is price guaranteed for 1st year or donthey raise prices like rogersbell?
I called in and they didn't asked for student id at all. 12 month savings, no term. Signing up wait quick and painless.
Jul 16, 2016
139 posts
58 upvotes
yopman wrote: Do you actually have to be a student? Or just live chat or call them and it’s fine
Nope. I was never asked if I was a student.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1685 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
question for all those that signed up on phone or at non-best buy fido location, what are you being told to do in order to get your gift card ? I was told to wait between 2 weeks - 3 months lol the after speaking to another rep he said to I had to sign up and would receive my gift card in 5 days
Aug 30, 2018
614 posts
336 upvotes
GTA
Hey guys, any idea as to how long they would take to send modem and activate account? Asking coz I am on Virgin with promo price ending this month. If I book fido, I would like to schedule a cancellation on Virgin around or after Fido is up and running. Thnx
Feb 25, 2018
45 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
souvik126 wrote: Hows the speed, I have Rogers ignite gigabit UL and I face no lagging even surfing multiple devices (atleast 2 at a time). I know Rogers/Fido is the same but how bad ia 150mbps compared to 1Gbps. They have defined in website that DL will limit as per the plan but I dont think I ever see even 150mbps speed even in 1 Gbps plan so thats not true speed.
The speed is amazing, I don't think I ever saw anything below 200mbps. I actually average 300mbps and I also came from Rogers 1gbps, I don't notice it since most my downloads are small enough. But for reference, I always received 800+ mbps with Rogers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)