Hot Deals

[Fido] HOT! Fido Internet 50% Off 75u $32.50 / 150u $37.50 + $50BBGC + 6mo SportsnetNOW + Chromecast(YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2019 7:19 pm
Nov 29, 2013
845 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
Any1 have trouble getting the best buy giftcard? Its been 2 weeks today since i signed up for the promotion and i have not received anything, on the promotion page it shows my status as pending still
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1152 posts
177 upvotes
simplylgg wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 2:45 pm
I called them today and issue being escalated internally at Fido.
Did they give you the SNow offer after calling them?
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
1748 posts
275 upvotes
jblade44 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 10:09 am
Did they give you the SNow offer after calling them?
What is that?
Aug 18, 2013
331 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone get the chromecast?

I reconfirmed in chat that my account should be receiving the chrome cast but haven't heard anything since then
Feb 7, 2016
285 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I registered for the BB on the fido site, but still waiting for approval
Feb 7, 2016
285 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto, ON
apparently no chromecast …. which they promised me.. meh
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3314 posts
2511 upvotes
Richmond Hill
canada_dry wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 4:08 pm
Got my $50 BestBuy eGift card. Just FYI a gift card cannot have an expiry date (In Ontario anyways AFAIK)... so we can keep this til Black Friday and make good use of it then! The other Apple promos expire at the end of Sept. tho.

:)

🄿🅂 🄻🄴🅃'🅂 🄺🄴🄴🄿 🅆🄴🄰🄿🄾🄽🅂 🄰🄽🄳 🄰🄼🄼🄾 🄾🄵🄵 🅁🄵🄳!
Promotional Gift Cards are allowed to have an expiry date.
The following gift cards may have an expiry date:

Promotional gift cards
Businesses give promotional gift cards as part of a promotion or a loyalty or awards program. These cards are usually only for purchases at a specific retailer or group of retailers. They often have an expiry date.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8540 posts
2300 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 3:19 pm
Promotional Gift Cards are allowed to have an expiry date.
Those are the ones offered by a store for that specific store, for example a Canadian Tire spend $200 and get a $50 promo card to spend at CT on certain dates.
This one will not.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3314 posts
2511 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bobcat99 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 3:50 pm
Those are the ones offered by a store for that specific store, for example a Canadian Tire spend $200 and get a $50 promo card to spend at CT on certain dates.
This one will not.
This one in particular might not have an expiry date, but if it were to have one, it would be legal.
Aug 30, 2018
99 posts
26 upvotes
between wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 10:47 am
Anyone get the chromecast?

I reconfirmed in chat that my account should be receiving the chrome cast but haven't heard anything since then
Me too. Reconfirmed with chat. At first they were not willing to accept but then I sent chat transcript from order booking chat. Then the exec said he has talked to supervisor and forwarded the case to a different department. Should be getting a call regarding that. But nothing yet.
Banned
Sep 15, 2019
95 posts
11 upvotes
How do i fix my account with fido? They overcharged me 4 years ago and its now at $300+ or so. I refused to pay as they didnt close my account as i called in to... Its crazy. I just thought i wont deal with them but its still on my credit bureau and im also thinking they have some ok deals id try or even rogers now... But i want to remove it off my credit bureau and all without paying them them money i never owed them for services i never asked for nor was provided... Help anyone!
Feb 8, 2009
15 posts
6 upvotes
MoMoneyNow wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 4:11 pm
How do i fix my account with fido? They overcharged me 4 years ago and its now at $300+ or so. I refused to pay as they didnt close my account as i called in to... Its crazy. I just thought i wont deal with them but its still on my credit bureau and im also thinking they have some ok deals id try or even rogers now... But i want to remove it off my credit bureau and all without paying them them money i never owed them for services i never asked for nor was provided... Help anyone!
If it went to collections it will stay on your credit report for 7 years. However, I'm surprised it's impacting you with anyone else. I don't think they usually do credit checks, though Fido asks for ID so they might not want to sell with you. The easy solution is to get someone else to order it for you (like a relative) or go to a different company.
Feb 8, 2009
15 posts
6 upvotes
I cancelled Rogers and took this Fido deal. I ended up only cancelling my Rogers internet last Friday and I got an email today (Monday) that said I should call them. I knew this was their retention so I called and the guy knew right away what to do. I said "Look I don't want to waste your time, I switched to Fido with their $37.50 / 150u internet and I don't think you can beat that". But he was confident so he first offered me some 500u internet for $45ish and I said no and he quickly offered me 300u for $29.99 for one year. He didn't even give me time to think about it as I was amazed he even offered that before he went ahead and said I can throw in 2 months free... then I thought to myself, shit this is a good deal, THEN without being prompted he said I can go as high as 3 months free.

I didn't even have to play hard-ball or anything. So now I have to call Fido and say I'm cancelling.

The Fido rep lied to me anyways, the deal had gone from $37.50 --> $42.50 when I called and I told him this and he twice said "no you'll still get the $37.50 price, don't worry" but then on the bill it was $42.50