Hot Deals

[Fido] HOT! Fido Internet 50% Off 75u $32.50 / 150u $37.50 + $50BBGC + 6mo SportsnetNOW + Chromecast(YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2019 7:19 pm
Aug 30, 2018
99 posts
26 upvotes
MoMoneyNow wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 4:11 pm
How do i fix my account with fido? They overcharged me 4 years ago and its now at $300+ or so. I refused to pay as they didnt close my account as i called in to... Its crazy. I just thought i wont deal with them but its still on my credit bureau and im also thinking they have some ok deals id try or even rogers now... But i want to remove it off my credit bureau and all without paying them them money i never owed them for services i never asked for nor was provided... Help anyone!
You shouldn't have let it drag for 4 years at the first place. It probably done more damage to ur credit report than the worth of 300$. Never been in a similar situation so can't help. You haven't put in enough information either. Try talking to Fido to solve the issue and get it off collections
Aug 30, 2018
99 posts
26 upvotes
Badrush wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 11:42 pm
I cancelled Rogers and took this Fido deal. I ended up only cancelling my Rogers internet last Friday and I got an email today (Monday) that said I should call them. I knew this was their retention so I called and the guy knew right away what to do. I said "Look I don't want to waste your time, I switched to Fido with their $37.50 / 150u internet and I don't think you can beat that". But he was confident so he first offered me some 500u internet for $45ish and I said no and he quickly offered me 300u for $29.99 for one year. He didn't even give me time to think about it as I was amazed he even offered that before he went ahead and said I can throw in 2 months free... then I thought to myself, shit this is a good deal, THEN without being prompted he said I can go as high as 3 months free.

I didn't even have to play hard-ball or anything. So now I have to call Fido and say I'm cancelling.

The Fido rep lied to me anyways, the deal had gone from $37.50 --> $42.50 when I called and I told him this and he twice said "no you'll still get the $37.50 price, don't worry" but then on the bill it was $42.50
That surely is a deal man..
Banned
Sep 15, 2019
95 posts
11 upvotes
Badrush wrote:
I cancelled Rogers and took this Fido deal. I ended up only cancelling my Rogers internet last Friday and I got an email today (Monday) that said I should call them. I knew this was their retention so I called and the guy knew right away what to do. I said "Look I don't want to waste your time, I switched to Fido with their $37.50 / 150u internet and I don't think you can beat that". But he was confident so he first offered me some 500u internet for $45ish and I said no and he quickly offered me 300u for $29.99 for one year. He didn't even give me time to think about it as I was amazed he even offered that before he went ahead and said I can throw in 2 months free... then I thought to myself, shit this is a good deal, THEN without being prompted he said I can go as high as 3 months free.

I didn't even have to play hard-ball or anything. So now I have to call Fido and say I'm cancelling.

The Fido rep lied to me anyways, the deal had gone from $37.50 --> $42.50 when I called and I told him this and he twice said "no you'll still get the $37.50 price, don't worry" but then on the bill it was $42.50
Typical games they play. Thats fido
Banned
Sep 15, 2019
95 posts
11 upvotes
docshah wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 11:53 pm

You shouldn't have let it drag for 4 years at the first place. It probably done more damage to ur credit report than the worth of 300$. Never been in a similar situation so can't help. You haven't put in enough information either. Try talking to Fido to solve the issue and get it off collections
I didnt let it drag, interesting how that was your first thought, to blame the customer rather than the well known billing problems fido and its daddy rogers have always seemed to have.

I called and spoke to several people, however they just kept passing me around to another rep... I couldnt deal with their nonsense, amd so here i am, 4 years later posting it online. A person can only take so much stress in life. They seem to know that. In any case i need to do something about this now.
Years ago when i was with fido and had a grandfathered unlimited data plan, i even went as far as the office of the president, and spoke to someone frok that office. He somehow couldnt make sense of the overcharges for that account, even though i was doing the math on the phone for him. In the end he snickered and said he will look it over and call back. He never did. Many many calls and voicemails of mine went unanswered. I just gave up.
They know very well how to get customers with good plans off their plans...id been with them for 10+ years and my family too even longer than that. I dont leave a company because of a few dollars discount from one carrier or another. They have to do something major for me to move. And Fido sure did that. 2x.
Aug 30, 2018
99 posts
26 upvotes
MoMoneyNow wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 5:18 am
I didnt let it drag, interesting how that was your first thought, to blame the customer rather than the well known billing problems fido and its daddy rogers have always seemed to have.

I called and spoke to several people, however they just kept passing me around to another rep... I couldnt deal with their nonsense, amd so here i am, 4 years later posting it online. A person can only take so much stress in life. They seem to know that. In any case i need to do something about this now.
Years ago when i was with fido and had a grandfathered unlimited data plan, i even went as far as the office of the president, and spoke to someone frok that office. He somehow couldnt make sense of the overcharges for that account, even though i was doing the math on the phone for him. In the end he snickered and said he will look it over and call back. He never did. Many many calls and voicemails of mine went unanswered. I just gave up.
They know very well how to get customers with good plans off their plans...id been with them for 10+ years and my family too even longer than that. I dont leave a company because of a few dollars discount from one carrier or another. They have to do something major for me to move. And Fido sure did that. 2x.
Hey..! No offense man didn't mean to say you sat on that for this long.. Sorry if you felt that way. And I sure feel for you. Too bad they can get away doing this to so many people. As I said no personal experience so can't help. But I have read quite a few of these stories on RFD and Reddit. Recently I had read one on Reddit about Fido in particular. I would comeback with a link if I can. I faintly remember people suggesting filing a complaint with CCTS.

The problem is all these corps are the same and we as consumers are left with picking bad over worse. Good luck mate. Didn't mean to offend you.
Dec 3, 2007
328 posts
251 upvotes
docshah wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 5:28 am
Hey..! No offense man didn't mean to say you sat on that for this long.. Sorry if you felt that way. And I sure feel for you. Too bad they can get away doing this to so many people. As I said no personal experience so can't help. But I have read quite a few of these stories on RFD and Reddit. Recently I had read one on Reddit about Fido in particular. I would comeback with a link if I can. I faintly remember people suggesting filing a complaint with CCTS.

The problem is all these corps are the same and we as consumers are left with picking bad over worse. Good luck mate. Didn't mean to offend you.
Didn't mean to say it? You're misusing the expression when you literally said it.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
2455 posts
1203 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Badrush wrote:

The sad part is Rogers own Fido. But I did the same exact thing with Bell/Virgin.

I had Virgin 50% off for 1 year at $30 for 50/10 internet. When it came to an end, I asked Virgin to offer me the same for another year or their promotional offer, and they could only offer me $50 for same speed. So I got this offer from another local store for Bell (they were Bell authorized sellers) for $40/month for 50/10. I called to cancel Virgin and they offered me $40 for 50/10, I was like why the hell did you not offer this in the first place? So I called Bell to cancel my install and internet offer, and they offered $30 for 50/10. So then I called Virgin and said, "Bell is offering me $30 what can you do?" Virgin could not offer me that so I just went with Bell instead.

Moral of the story is, you have to cancel in order to get a good deal with these companies! Honestly it sucks to be a consumer.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Sep 7, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
Just called them and they have the deal still it’s $45 for 150u. Unfortunately it’s not available in my area :( so unlucky
Feb 14, 2019
288 posts
151 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 8:43 am
The sad part is Rogers own Fido. But I did the same exact thing with Bell/Virgin.

I had Virgin 50% off for 1 year at $30 for 50/10 internet. When it came to an end, I asked Virgin to offer me the same for another year or their promotional offer, and they could only offer me $50 for same speed. So I got this offer from another local store for Bell (they were Bell authorized sellers) for $40/month for 50/10. I called to cancel Virgin and they offered me $40 for 50/10, I was like why the hell did you not offer this in the first place? So I called Bell to cancel my install and internet offer, and they offered $30 for 50/10. So then I called Virgin and said, "Bell is offering me $30 what can you do?" Virgin could not offer me that so I just went with Bell instead.

Moral of the story is, you have to cancel in order to get a good deal with these companies! Honestly it sucks to be a consumer.
I'm sure they have all the stats on how many people they actually lose and how many people can't be bothered to cancel even though they threaten. They're probably trained to call our bluffs.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1152 posts
177 upvotes
I just cancelled Rogers and no fight after they transferred me to cancellations... will see if they contact me but when I log into Rogers my services are already gone.. will wait a few days before returning gear to Rogers store just in case they offer something I cannot refuse....which I doubt
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3663 posts
614 upvotes
Mississauga
jblade44 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 12:38 pm
I just cancelled Rogers and no fight after they transferred me to cancellations... will see if they contact me but when I log into Rogers my services are already gone.. will wait a few days before returning gear to Rogers store just in case they offer something I cannot refuse....which I doubt
I don't know how quick they call, but I know how late they can call.
Took them 2.5 weeks after cancelling to give me a callback offer...not wasting my time switching all over again...I'd rather do a new signup offer in the future when Fido no longer gives out 50% off.
Aug 26, 2014
23 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto, ON
akz wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:12 pm
this isnt 100% true; I set my cancellation a month and a half out and never received any calls for win back offers.
i can't control who rogers calls or doesn't call worked for me glad i got the offer i did :)
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1152 posts
177 upvotes
wing0 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 12:57 pm
I don't know how quick they call, but I know how late they can call.
Took them 2.5 weeks after cancelling to give me a callback offer...not wasting my time switching all over again...I'd rather do a new signup offer in the future when Fido no longer gives out 50% off.
Yup.. and Bell was at my door last week saying they upgraded FTTN service on my street from 50Mbps to 100Mbps... and he also mentioned they will be doing FTTH in next 1-2 yrs.. so may just wait for that. I think he is telling truth as a friend in Fergus was just upgraded to FTTH.. they dug the trench and everything to install fiber box in house... then give you a deal for 12-24 months...
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1152 posts
177 upvotes
jblade44 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:18 am
My email did not either.. just verified again. Guess I will need to call them but will wait until Oct 1st as NHL start on the 2nd so need for it until then...
FYI.. it is not the registration for gift card email where you get the sportsnet link.. it is after you get the 'Your Fido Promotion Gift Card Status Update' email to claim the card.. when you click to claim card there is a 2nd link to get code.. FYI the Sportsnet code expires Dec 31,2019 so you can wait until then if you want it to last until end of NHL playoffs...
Aug 18, 2010
400 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys.. canceled my Rogers service 2 weeks ago and was expecting a winback call, but nothing so far. To be honest, I love the service, I just wanted a better price/plan. I have to give back the modem next week on the 25th. What are my options?

I got a "<Name>, what can we do to change your mind" email and a given number. Should I call this number and hopefully someone on the other line can get me a deal? Or wait for a winback call? Or give the modem back and jump on the Fido ship?

Ahh..