Hot Deals

[Fido] HOT! Fido Internet 50% Off 75u $32.50 / 150u $37.50 + $50BBGC + 6mo SportsnetNOW + Chromecast(YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2019 12:22 am
Aug 30, 2018
55 posts
18 upvotes
MoMoneyNow wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 4:11 pm
How do i fix my account with fido? They overcharged me 4 years ago and its now at $300+ or so. I refused to pay as they didnt close my account as i called in to... Its crazy. I just thought i wont deal with them but its still on my credit bureau and im also thinking they have some ok deals id try or even rogers now... But i want to remove it off my credit bureau and all without paying them them money i never owed them for services i never asked for nor was provided... Help anyone!
You shouldn't have let it drag for 4 years at the first place. It probably done more damage to ur credit report than the worth of 300$. Never been in a similar situation so can't help. You haven't put in enough information either. Try talking to Fido to solve the issue and get it off collections
Aug 30, 2018
55 posts
18 upvotes
Badrush wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 11:42 pm
I cancelled Rogers and took this Fido deal. I ended up only cancelling my Rogers internet last Friday and I got an email today (Monday) that said I should call them. I knew this was their retention so I called and the guy knew right away what to do. I said "Look I don't want to waste your time, I switched to Fido with their $37.50 / 150u internet and I don't think you can beat that". But he was confident so he first offered me some 500u internet for $45ish and I said no and he quickly offered me 300u for $29.99 for one year. He didn't even give me time to think about it as I was amazed he even offered that before he went ahead and said I can throw in 2 months free... then I thought to myself, shit this is a good deal, THEN without being prompted he said I can go as high as 3 months free.

I didn't even have to play hard-ball or anything. So now I have to call Fido and say I'm cancelling.

The Fido rep lied to me anyways, the deal had gone from $37.50 --> $42.50 when I called and I told him this and he twice said "no you'll still get the $37.50 price, don't worry" but then on the bill it was $42.50
That surely is a deal man..
Sep 15, 2019
22 posts
Badrush wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 11:42 pm
I cancelled Rogers and took this Fido deal. I ended up only cancelling my Rogers internet last Friday and I got an email today (Monday) that said I should call them. I knew this was their retention so I called and the guy knew right away what to do. I said "Look I don't want to waste your time, I switched to Fido with their $37.50 / 150u internet and I don't think you can beat that". But he was confident so he first offered me some 500u internet for $45ish and I said no and he quickly offered me 300u for $29.99 for one year. He didn't even give me time to think about it as I was amazed he even offered that before he went ahead and said I can throw in 2 months free... then I thought to myself, shit this is a good deal, THEN without being prompted he said I can go as high as 3 months free.

I didn't even have to play hard-ball or anything. So now I have to call Fido and say I'm cancelling.

The Fido rep lied to me anyways, the deal had gone from $37.50 --> $42.50 when I called and I told him this and he twice said "no you'll still get the $37.50 price, don't worry" but then on the bill it was $42.50
Typical games they play. Thats fido

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Bones9696