Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Hot: Fido Winback former customers $60 5GB pulse $99 IphoneX 2YR YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 10:36 am
Jan 28, 2015
60 posts
9 upvotes
York, ON
I finally got through after like 60 calls.

The person looked up my number but couldn't find me on the list so he couldn't offer me anything.

He asked did someone call me from their department but I said no. Should have I said yes?

What should I do at this point? I ported out like 7 days ago
Apr 1, 2015
29 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Hi,

Question for those who got a discount / credit on the phone : is that discount taken into account in the early cancelation fees?

Let's say the phone is 1000$ and you get a 500$ credit. If you cancel after 1 month, what do you end up paying? 500$ or 1000$?

The winback offers look great but I don't like being locked in for 2 years.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa
fersingb wrote: Hi,

Question for those who got a discount / credit on the phone : is that discount taken into account in the early cancelation fees?

Let's say the phone is 1000$ and you get a 500$ credit. If you cancel after 1 month, what do you end up paying? 500$ or 1000$?

Thanks
If you want free phone , go with Koodo, get out of here. I hate people too greedy
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
May 3, 2010
23 posts
14 upvotes
Just a heads up, you can also get free 1000 minutes of long distance if you ask.
Located in BC

$52.50/mo
$49 for Pixel 3 XL (after $500 credit)
Unlimited calling/texting
6GB data
1000 min long distance
waived all fees.

was also offered $48.75 for 4GB data, 500 min of calls between 7am-5pm, unlimited calling after 5pm.
Last edited by SuperCheap on Dec 30th, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Apr 1, 2015
29 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal, QC
sonyHdr12 wrote: If you want free phone , go with Koodo, get out of here. I hate people too greedy

The question is not about getting a free phone, the question is about being locked in. If tomorrow fido or some other provider comes with a hot BYOD deal, I'd like to be able to switch to it without having to pay the full price for the phone.

Thanks anyway for your useless answer.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
fersingb wrote: Hi,

Thanks
The credit is taken off your upfront device cost, and any leftover is applied against future bills. If your upfront device cost is $99, only $99 of your credit will be applied towards the device balance, so if the total device cost is say $999, you would still owe $900, and you’d have $401 left to be applied to future bills.

Koodo applies the credits directly to the device balance, so if the device cost is $999, and it’s $99 on tab medium, that means they’re applying $540 of credit to your device balance, so that your device balance becomes only $360.

Because of this, Koodo can be better if you don’t need a plan, but if you need a plan anyway, some of these offers are better because the total cost of ownership is lower for some of the devices.

Edit: changed Koodo example to “match” Fido example.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
sonyHdr12 wrote: If you want free phone , go with Koodo, get out of here. I hate people too greedy
Eh? Koodo doesn’t give out free phones. I do agree about greedy people, but I don’t think previous poster meant to be greedy, just had a serious question with an answer that can be difficult to understand.
If anything, these Winbacks are the closest things to a free phone since the plans are comparable to BYOD plans from the big 3 sub brands, and you get the phones for $0 down, taxes only on the pre-discount amount.
Apr 1, 2015
29 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal, QC
2kfire wrote: The credit is taken off your upfront device cost, and any leftover is applied against future bills. If your upfront device cost is $99, only $99 of your credit will be applied towards the device balance, so if the total device cost is say $999, you would still owe $900, and you’d have $401 left to be applied to future bills.

Koodo applies the credits directly to the device balance, so if the device cost is $999, and it’s $99 on tab medium, that means they’re applying $540 of credit to your device balance, so that your device balance becomes only $360.

Because of this, Koodo can be better if you don’t need a plan, but if you need a plan anyway, some of these offers are better because the total cost of ownership is lower for some of the devices.

Edit: changed Koodo example to “match” Fido example.
Thanks for the explanation.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa
SuperCheap wrote: Just a heads up, you can also get free 1000 minutes of long distance if you ask.
Located in BC

$52.50/mo
$49 for Pixel 3 XL (after $500 credit)
Unlimited calling/texting
6GB data
1000 min long distance
waived all fees.

was also offered $48.75 for 4GB data, 500 min of calls between 7am-5pm, unlimited calling after 5pm.
I'm asking 1000 minutes international call from fido now , see what can I get ? thanks
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa
Fido agent said he will put back 1000 minutes feature for me in 2 days, last month I changed my plan, Fido told me no more this Feature, I’m happy it comes back, it’s very good for me to call my mom .
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Jun 1, 2018
2 posts
3 upvotes
Left for Freedom on Friday
Just hung up from winback
The agent was a touch aggressive, going into a spiel about how they know market plans etc when I wouldn’t tell him exactly what I got
Ended up with the following (Alberta)

iPhone X 256 $0 upfront
$100 extra large -25%= $75/ mth
13 gigs (10+3)
$80 bill credit
2 year contract

I almost got myself in trouble when he started bashing Freedom. I wanted to point out that companies don’t typically chase former customers who go to the competition unless the competition actually offers something that is a threat! You can babble all day about your superiority and bash Freedom, however, the ONLY reason I went back is the actual savings. $75 + $7 iPhone extras (he wouldn’t budge on this and that’s what triggered the “Fido is better” lecture) compared to $100 + $4.
A penny saved is a penny earned, besides I did have some misgivings about Freedom as I travel southern Alberta/B.C. frequently and didn’t really want to test Freedoms coverage. It really sucks that Fido makes long term customers (2002) play these silly games
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1951 posts
388 upvotes
Port out to Koodo Dec 29, so far no call yet.
5 lines Telus Unlimited 75 CAN-US $30/line, 3 x tablet lines $0. 4 x Visual Voicemail $0. 2 x Samsung Watch5 Pro $0 with $10/m watch plan
Jul 20, 2016
59 posts
90 upvotes
leadersuper699 wrote: Port out to Koodo Dec 29, so far no call yet.
Power call them. I called 50 times before I got to someone.

Never give up. Never surrender
Aug 6, 2014
10 posts
3 upvotes
Chilliwack, BC
Anyone know if you accept the winback offer, can you post date the start of the switch? I ported to PM but I prepaid so I and the second month is going to be free
Jan 18, 2017
398 posts
308 upvotes
Davpar wrote: Left for Freedom on Friday
Just hung up from winback
The agent was a touch aggressive, going into a spiel about how they know market plans etc when I wouldn’t tell him exactly what I got
Ended up with the following (Alberta)

iPhone X 256 $0 upfront
$100 extra large -25%= $75/ mth
13 gigs (10+3)
$80 bill credit
2 year contract

I almost got myself in trouble when he started bashing Freedom. I wanted to point out that companies don’t typically chase former customers who go to the competition unless the competition actually offers something that is a threat! You can babble all day about your superiority and bash Freedom, however, the ONLY reason I went back is the actual savings. $75 + $7 iPhone extras (he wouldn’t budge on this and that’s what triggered the “Fido is better” lecture) compared to $100 + $4.
A penny saved is a penny earned, besides I did have some misgivings about Freedom as I travel southern Alberta/B.C. frequently and didn’t really want to test Freedoms coverage. It really sucks that Fido makes long term customers (2002) play these silly games

Nice job on getting what you got.
I was also a long time customer probably since 2005.
I am also in Alberta and went to freedom and back a couple of months ago.

I was supposed to pay $229 plus tax for the iPhone X 256gb. I only ended up paying $80.

I also didn’t get the $80 bill credit you got.

Same plan, same rate. Cept this $15 discount which should have expired keeps popping up on my bill so I’m paying $60. I’m not about to bring that up.

Congratulations!

I agree with all your sentiments. This is the world we live in. Gotta play the game.
Jul 17, 2018
34 posts
7 upvotes
Would it be worth it to try today given that it is the 1st? Don't want to call for nothing if no one is there to pick up :/
Nov 28, 2010
89 posts
62 upvotes
Waterloo, Ontario
Are winback offers permanent or would the price go up after the 2 year contract is over?
Dec 10, 2010
772 posts
777 upvotes
GTA
Genki21 wrote: Are winback offers permanent or would the price go up after the 2 year contract is over?
Pretty sure it is 2 years for plan discount and will go up after. I confirmed this when I got my calls from them.
Nov 30, 2011
152 posts
27 upvotes
Montreal
tianos wrote: Pretty sure it is 2 years for plan discount and will go up after. I confirmed this when I got my calls from them.
tbh I can only imagine plans will be better in two years, esp for BYOD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)