Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Hot: Fido Winback former customers $60 5GB pulse $99 IphoneX 2YR YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 10:36 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5771 posts
7832 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Im confused. They called me again. I answered it and they hung up instantly.
Mar 9, 2004
85 posts
25 upvotes
Fergus, On
I got a call today and jumped on a Mate 20 Pro, $500.00 credit 25%off the $80 plan + $149 upfront plus taxes for the phone, = $67.80/month all in. I could have had for $0 upfront on the $90 which would have worked out to $79/month taxes in vs $67. I'm currently with Koodo and have a $200 HU credit but the price of the P20 pro is back up to $150 on a tab medium with the credit. I called Koodo to ask if they'd match either the P20 Pro or the Mate 20 Pro and they wouldn't budge on the price. It's too bad because I really liked Koodo. Oh well $$$ talks :-)
Oct 21, 2015
52 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Update on my situation.

Returned my phone yesterday (last day) to Freedom. No cancellation fees. Popped the Freedom sim into my old phone. Now just waiting for Fido to deliver my new phone before porting over. I will pay usage fees for my time spent with Freedom. Overall, fairly painless.

Fido just emailed all the account info and terms etc. Still waiting for my phone tracking number.
Does the 25% discount and bonus data show up later on? Didn’t see any mention of that on the docs
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
I haven't received a call back after leaving a message at that number. I'm in chat with them now but they're super busy apparently.

Is this still running? Any cases where people were denied the offer? Haven't been a Fido customer for over 10 years or close to it. Was with them when the iPhone 3GS came out.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
Supercooled wrote: I haven't received a call back after leaving a message at that number. I'm in chat with them now but they're super busy apparently.

Is this still running? Any cases where people were denied the offer? Haven't been a Fido customer for over 10 years or close to it. Was with them when the iPhone 3GS came out.
You don’t qualify. You’ve been gone for too long. And even if you did qualify chat and calling Fido won’t get you the deal. You must go through win back. And then port your current number back.

To qualify, you’ll have to open a new line with Fido and after a short while port it out to another carrier, best is freedom. Then wait a few days and call winback.

Or port your current number to Fido, wait a while, port out to freedom and then call winback.

tldr;
You need to be a fairly recent port out from Fido. Within 1-3 months you’ll qualify for the $500 credit. Longer than that, up to maybe 2 years, you’ll qualify for $300 credit. Might be slightly different plans offered as well. But you being gone for 10 years, you don’t qualify for winback.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1951 posts
388 upvotes
I signed up Fido in October 2018. than ported in my PM number, ported out to Koodo on December 29 2018. a week after ported out called win back not on list until today still not receive any call from Fido.
5 lines Telus Unlimited 75 CAN-US $30/line, 3 x tablet lines $0. 4 x Visual Voicemail $0. 2 x Samsung Watch5 Pro $0 with $10/m watch plan
Sep 17, 2005
18 posts
13 upvotes
Fido account for about 14 years with two lines. Neither line has a contract anymore. I ported one of the lines to Freedom yesterday. No call back yet. Tried to call Winback and was told that they could see that I had ported my number, but that I was not yet eligible for the winback offers. I'm a bit worried that because I still have a line active, I will never be eligible. Any thoughts?
Oct 20, 2018
472 posts
509 upvotes
Elle99 wrote: I was offered xs 64g for $67/month, $159 upfront. Anyone still get the cheaper monthly rate of $60 lately?
I got a call for 59$, 6gb and a XR at 0$
Sounds ok. Not sure if they want to charge me 6-8$ for the voicemail and call ID.

I may keep my 6s and 4gb at 33$/m.
Oct 20, 2018
472 posts
509 upvotes
qassim wrote: Fido account for about 14 years with two lines. Neither line has a contract anymore. I ported one of the lines to Freedom yesterday. No call back yet. Tried to call Winback and was told that they could see that I had ported my number, but that I was not yet eligible for the winback offers. I'm a bit worried that because I still have a line active, I will never be eligible. Any thoughts?
I have 2 lines on my accounts and ported only one. Received a call from fido maybe 2-3 days after.
Nov 6, 2011
707 posts
377 upvotes
Calgary
Elle99 wrote: I was offered xs 64g for $67/month, $159 upfront. Anyone still get the cheaper monthly rate of $60 lately?
Got the same offer. Apparantly the cost of the phones have gone up since Boxing Day.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
qassim wrote: Fido account for about 14 years with two lines. Neither line has a contract anymore. I ported one of the lines to Freedom yesterday. No call back yet. Tried to call Winback and was told that they could see that I had ported my number, but that I was not yet eligible for the winback offers. I'm a bit worried that because I still have a line active, I will never be eligible. Any thoughts?
Wait a few days and try again. Maybe on the weekend.
Sep 17, 2005
18 posts
13 upvotes
ceredon wrote: Wait a few days and try again. Maybe on the weekend.
UPDATE: Just got a call (about 21h after porting).

Same offers as everyone else recently:
iPhone XS 64gb = $659-500 or iPhone X 64gb = $529-500
Both on XL plans - 5gb @ $90*.75=$67.50 x 2yr or 10gb @ $100*.75=$75 plus 3gb x 2yr for porting back from Freedom
iPhone XR 64gb = $529-500
On Large plan - 5gb @ $80*.75=$60 x 2yr or 10gb @ $90*.75=$67.50 plus 3gb x 2yr for porting back from Freedom

Great success. Thumbs Up Sign
Oct 20, 2018
472 posts
509 upvotes
qassim wrote: UPDATE: Just got a call (about 21h after porting).

Same offers as everyone else recently:
iPhone XS 64gb = $659-500 or iPhone X 64gb = $529-500
Both on XL plans - 5gb @ $90*.75=$67.50 x 2yr or 10gb @ $100*.75=$75 plus 3gb x 2yr for porting back from Freedom
iPhone XR 64gb = $529-500
On Large plan - 5gb @ $80*.75=$60 x 2yr or 10gb @ $90*.75=$67.50 plus 3gb x 2yr for porting back from Freedom

Great success. Thumbs Up Sign
Do you know if this include the voicemail (10) + caller iD?
Hard to pick, XR or X !?
Nov 6, 2011
707 posts
377 upvotes
Calgary
Wanted to share my experience with the group. I originally had two data only lines with Fido - 3GB/$15 (line 1 is 100% discounted, no term; line 2 is 50% discounted with the LG tablet).

- Called in and signed up for two new BYOD lines on 31-Dec. Picked some $35/m promo plans and the rep shipped them. Rep gave me a $25x2 discount to offset the $35x2 activation fees, because I asked nicely
- Received and activated on 02-Jan
- Ported out to Freedom on the evening of 12-Jan to some BYOD promo plan. Paid $10x2 for the SIM card. Confirmed that I would be refunded if I used them for less than 15 days.
- Tried my luck on 14-Jan and finally connect with a rep after 100+ attempts. Told them that I've heard that Fido is looking to get customers back. Rep looked up the "list" and didn't find my either number on it. I asked for my options, nicely, and the rep decided to look me up manually in Fido's system. Found me and asked if a "friend" of mine got the same promo. I mentioned that I knew of one person who had received this promo. It was smooth from there.
- Rep offered a couple of plans but the $67.50/m plan makes the most sense for us. Rep didn't include the 3GB bonus until I brought it up. When asked about the 1000 LD mins, the rep said it is not available on these special plans. Asked for some time to think. Rep offered to callback the next day.
- Rep called on 15-Jan. We accepted $67.50/m for 8GB with the usual things, per line. Picked up a Space Gray and a Gold iPhone XS 64GB for $159 upfront after $500. Will call to port-in lines when we receive the package.

My estimate is that my final cost for this work is $35 (activation) + $1.16 * 10 days (Fido billing) + $10 (freedom SIM) + $1.43 * 7 days (freedom billing) = $66.61 + GST = $69.94 - $25 = $44.95

so for approximately $45 investment per line and 30 mins between Fido and Freedom, we will be on this plan + new phones. Currently with Koodo, we also have an amazing retention and coz-we-asked-nicely $43.20/m for 8GB plan but this is a much better deal as we get flagships for approx $500 more (over 2 years). Thanks everyone!
May 27, 2005
328 posts
354 upvotes
Ok guys, totally need your help, its been 3 weeks and still not on the list. I spoke to winback a few times and the supervisor said I just need someone who got an offer to help me out and then I can get the offer.

I'll pay $100 if anyone is willing to help... we can do it in person at my office in Richmond Hill or downtown... pm me (I have B/S/T feedback)

Thanks guys!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5771 posts
3267 upvotes
I negotiated with Freedom mobile telling about this Fido deal
The loyalty dept offered me $50 8gb plan +3gb bonus plus 1Gb roaming if i visit US and 2400 roaming mins in US

The $50 8gb plan also have Canada and US free unlimited calling. They also gave a $10add on item credit as I do some international calling and that $10 are specifically for an addon service I use

In addition I had a 35% discount code I applied on this plan, plus they gave me $20/month bill credit for 6months.

I also got a $0upfront iPhone 8 for $5/month x24months

I was lucked out on this deal big YMMV
Apr 25, 2017
912 posts
838 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: I negotiated with Freedom mobile telling about this Fido deal
The loyalty dept offered me $50 8gb plan +3gb bonus plus 1Gb roaming if i visit US and 2400 roaming mins in US

The $50 8gb plan also have Canada and US free unlimited calling. They also gave a $10add on item credit as I do some international calling and that $10 are specifically for an addon service I use

In addition I had a 35% discount code I applied on this plan, plus they gave me $20/month bill credit for 6months.

That is crazy deal! Congrats!
Sep 21, 2015
254 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: I negotiated with Freedom mobile telling about this Fido deal

The 35% code that you got...was it one of the recent codes that people were getting two months ago? I believe those codes were valid for $60+ plans? They gave me the same plan as you, but told me that the 35% off code will be valid for 60+ plans only, so they gave me the $60 version of the same plan.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5771 posts
3267 upvotes
wickkedd wrote: The 35% code that you got...was it one of the recent codes that people were getting two months ago? I believe those codes were valid for $60+ plans? They gave me the same plan as you, but told me that the 35% off code will be valid for 60+ plans only, so they gave me the $60 version of the same plan.
Yes they will say that a $50 plan can have a 35% code. $60 plan can only have a 25% code..

My 35% code was from summer, i had it saved somewhere given by a Value Mobile store manager at East york Town center in Toronto... he always get 35% codes every month I believe as it’s a mixed franchise store inside a Plaza

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)