Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

HOT: YMMV $55 6GB / $75 10GB retention Pulse Plan

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2017 5:03 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1420 posts
774 upvotes
i got offered an extra GB for free through text. I already have the 6gb $60 plan from boxing day
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6264 upvotes
I have a feeling Fido is the best. Great coverage, decent price, friendly & helpful reps. Thanks Fido for the best plan ($55/6GB) ever so far in my life.
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
juve4lfe wrote: I went on the Fido site and they are offering me 65 dollar 6gb with small written on top? What is that?do I have to buy a new phone with this plan?is this byop?
Yes, that means you can get up to $300 off a phone with a 2 year agreement.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23191 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
mohaken wrote: I know it's a separate division. But what are the chances a Rogers customer porting over and getting this plan?
I tried 3 times today and failed. I have been with Rogers for 13 years. I also have two data lines on Fido for about a year and it's still not good enough. :(
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6264 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: I tried 3 times today and failed. I have been with Rogers for 13 years. I also have two data lines on Fido for about a year and it's still not good enough. :(
I switched to Fido from Rogers (5 years customer) last year during Black Friday. Same network, same speed, same features, much lower price... Never look back.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23191 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
EdisonL299 wrote: I switched to Fido from Rogers (5 years customer) last year during Black Friday. Same network, same speed, same features, much lower price... Never look back.
Hindsight is 20/20. I think your promotion last year was much easier to obtain than this current promotion. I also went with PM's 4GB plan, but I have outgrown it. I was planning to give that plan to my mom and sign up for one of these plans, but no success. Oh well.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6264 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: Hindsight is 20/20. I think your promotion last year was much easier to obtain than this current promotion. I also went with PM's 4GB plan, but I have outgrown it. I was planning to give that plan to my mom and sign up for one of these plans, but no success. Oh well.
Yep. That plan was available to everyone. Black Friday is coming so you can keep an eye on that.
PM's offer is similar to Fido's but unfortunately lack of customer service. In terms of performance, we had a vacation at Jasper/Banff last month. I was using Fido and my friend was using Bell. I noticed they were very similar, and I didn't notice the advantage of Bell/Telus/PM/Koodo at all.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3452 upvotes
Toronto
jacky190424 wrote: I got the code but how to redeem it? I tried on my Spotify account, it doesn't work.
Here's Fido's step by step instructions for how to apply the Spotify code that was texted to you for your Spotify account:
http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumto ... ead-id/589
Last edited by silverele on Aug 18th, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 12, 2013
480 posts
230 upvotes
Just got it done today. They actually mentioned it to me w/o the long distance minutes when I inquired about roaming charges. I wasn't thinking abt changing until they asked me. So I mentioned the public Mobile 10gb deal to see if they could better it (I know greedy) that's when they threw in the 1000 ld minutes
The plan Matt mentionned was targeted specifially for your account :) It's a promo but the price isn't going to change for you.

At this time, I don't have a $40 plan with that much data that I can offer you. :(

Let me know if you'd like the $55 one with 6gb and I can make the change happen on September 4th. Here's what it comes with:

Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
6gb of data (overusage $7/100mb)
1,000 international LD minutes to:
Australia
Bangladesh
China (including Hong Kong and Taiwan but excluding Macau)
Germany
India
Italy
Mexico
UK

Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, US and international numbers
Call Display
Call Waiting
Circle Calling
Mini Voicemail
5 free hours of data (1 hour, 5 times per billing cycle) with Data Bytes
Fido Roam
Compatible with Spotify Premium offers
What they meant by the first line is that the price isn't going to change after a few months like a short term promotion
Feb 12, 2013
480 posts
230 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: Hindsight is 20/20. I think your promotion last year was much easier to obtain than this current promotion. I also went with PM's 4GB plan, but I have outgrown it. I was planning to give that plan to my mom and sign up for one of these plans, but no success. Oh well.
Have you considered upgrading your pm plan to the 10gb freedom mobile one if you aren't able to get this one?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23191 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
charlie1234 wrote: Have you considered upgrading your pm plan to the 10gb freedom mobile one if you aren't able to get this one?
No because I want to use the big 3's network. No big deal. I'm sure there will be another opportunity in the future. When I run out of data on my PM line, I just use my Fido line.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
Hey, does anyoen know what happens to the visual voicemail messages that are already in my phone when I kill off the iPhone Value pack and go with the normal voicemail from Fido? Will those messages be deleted? In fact, anyone with an iphone with the normal voicemail, what happens when you press the Voicemail button. Do you go to your voicemail?
Feb 16, 2017
223 posts
299 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bowmah wrote: Hey, does anyoen know what happens to the visual voicemail messages that are already in my phone when I kill off the iPhone Value pack and go with the normal voicemail from Fido? Will those messages be deleted? In fact, anyone with an iphone with the normal voicemail, what happens when you press the Voicemail button. Do you go to your voicemail?
I had the iPhone value-pack and honestly i hardly ever get voicemails. Visual voicemail is just plainly ease of convenience that you can play right away. Regular is only 3 voicemails and you have to just call to do it, but other than that it's pretty good.
(Telus $55 / 150GB USA+MEX+CAN)
Jan 26, 2012
331 posts
79 upvotes
Surrey
Question about data bytes: can you turn on hotspot first before using data bytes and use the data say to your wifi only iPad?
Nov 30, 2014
30 posts
56 upvotes
Westmount, QC
delacruzjeff wrote: Question about data bytes: can you turn on hotspot first before using data bytes and use the data say to your wifi only iPad?
Hi, You can use Data Bytes and tethering but maximum speeds will be reduced to 3.8 Mbps.
I've already used it for the kids tablets when traveling (1 hour free internet).

This is the Fido FAQ link:
http://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/mobile-data-bytes

Regards,
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
XSHABX wrote:
I had the iPhone value-pack and honestly i hardly ever get voicemails. Visual voicemail is just plainly ease of convenience that you can play right away. Regular is only 3 voicemails and you have to just call to do it, but other than that it's pretty good.
Right now with vvm, when I press the voicemail button in the iPhone, it brings up the vvm inbox. When I remove the vvm add on, will pressing the voicemail button dial the voicemail number to check voicemail or will my current vvm messages show up again?
Aug 31, 2004
229 posts
275 upvotes
bowmah wrote: Right now with vvm, when I press the voicemail button in the iPhone, it brings up the vvm inbox. When I remove the vvm add on, will pressing the voicemail button dial the voicemail number to check voicemail or will my current vvm messages show up again?
You will lose your voicemails when you switch.

Without VVM, when you select voicemail, it will dial a phone number where you'll be prompted for your PIN... and follow the prompts.
May 31, 2017
73 posts
81 upvotes
carmageddon wrote: F*** fido seriously. With them for 10 years, called and asked about the $55/6GB ... they said it's a "SCAM" that someone posted about online. Best they could offer was 3GB for $55.
Leave and move your number to another carrier, they will call you after and try and get you back. Done this before myself and had great results.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3607 posts
5352 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Killahbyte wrote: Leave and move your number to another carrier, they will call you after and try and get you back. Done this before myself and had great results.
Yup, seems like that's the only card I have left to play.
Aug 17, 2017
30 posts
19 upvotes
Has anyone had any luck calling and saying you will leave for another carrier and speaking to Retention?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)