Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Fido] Internet:ONT only : 60/10 internet ultd,$60 : no contract,no act. fee, inc. modem rental *EXT. TO Jan 18, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2017 11:07 am
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
4239 posts
1966 upvotes
Its porated for the first month to adjust the billing cycle on Rogers/Fido side.

You will not pay extra its just you signed before the billing cycle so they charge you for x day. X day = the date you signed from there billing date.

The billing date is not the day you sign up hense the partial charge.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
4239 posts
1966 upvotes
pallfy wrote: I just paid my rogers internet bill through Dec 29th.

Either I get a refund after cancellation from rogers, or maybe fido can set my service up to start at the end of the month?

Id like to avoid that overlap and lose 50 bucks.
You should get a partial refund for the days left for your month depending on when you cancel.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18697 posts
5729 upvotes
is it easy to turn the modem into bridge mode?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
4239 posts
1966 upvotes
killoverme wrote: I tried that before and it didn't work, but now it does. Thanks =)
You have to be in bridged mode for that IP to work otherwise try 192.168.0.1
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
4239 posts
1966 upvotes
killoverme wrote: I tried that before and it didn't work, but now it does. Thanks =)
You have to be in bridged mode for that IP to work otherwise try 192.168.0.1
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
213 upvotes
Just visited Fairview Mall. It took like 35-40 mts to fill the form and procedure. No modem. will be shipped.
Felt like 1980s. He waited for the dept to call back, gave all info again. filled the forms and then again re-entered them in system. What kind of system they have? IBM from 80s?
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Jan 13, 2007
156 posts
2 upvotes
Waterloo
I received the modem and an email with an order invoice for $85. Though I asked the customer rep more than once whether my billing cycle starts once I activate the modem, and not when I place the order. He said yes, but this doesn't seem to be the case?

Also I still have not received the email with my login credentials/password to check my account at fido.ca. When does this normally come in?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
213 upvotes
nexxus007 wrote: I have the same problem. Services started on 29th November, and bill date was set to 6th December. While i welcome the $180 credit, i feel we will end up paying additional amount to incorporate the process of activation. Help me understand this please.
There is no activation fee.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1352 posts
511 upvotes
London, ON
posted a thread on the fido forums about the chats times, etc

and a mod deleted instantly ... i guess they don't like being called out on it?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3917 posts
2186 upvotes
Toronto
Pardon my ignorance, but does Fido Internet use cellular technology, or cable connection? So if my home has poor LTE connection, then this won't be a good choice right?
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18697 posts
5729 upvotes
I didnt wait for 48hrs. I just setup after 24hrs and work like charm

Got like 75Mbps download but my upload is 5Mbps for some reason

The download went up to 100Mbps and stop at 75
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Oct 8, 2015
310 posts
290 upvotes
York, ON
DJ Trance AZ wrote: Pardon my ignorance, but does Fido Internet use cellular technology, or cable connection? So if my home has poor LTE connection, then this won't be a good choice right?
This is cable connection. Unlimited LTE connection would be Satan level hot lol
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3917 posts
2186 upvotes
Toronto
SolidSnake1 wrote: This is cable connection. Unlimited LTE connection would be Satan level hot lol
If my home already has TekSavvy cable installed, then I would first need to cancel TekSavvy before ordering Fido right?
Oct 8, 2015
310 posts
290 upvotes
York, ON
DJ Trance AZ wrote: If my home already has TekSavvy cable installed, then I would first need to cancel TekSavvy before ordering Fido right?
Yes I'm sure you can just order the fido services and just cancel teksavvy right after.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3917 posts
2186 upvotes
Toronto
SolidSnake1 wrote: Yes I'm sure you can just order the fido services and just cancel teksavvy right after.
Great, thank you!
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
213 upvotes
Modem is shipped. Can both modems be on at same time?
Or just connect Fido modem only and test speed and other problems like throttle?
Aug 2, 2005
216 posts
133 upvotes
Those using the bridge mode, are you setting the router/modem in bridge mode i.e making it act as a standalone modem only or setting the 3rd party router (Asus) in bridge mode?
Sep 6, 2011
100 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm using my modem as bridge mode with my Asus router works like a charm

Used the following link for how to

http://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/bri ... i-fi-modem
dcskmy wrote: Those using the bridge mode, are you setting the router/modem in bridge mode i.e making it act as a standalone modem only or setting the 3rd party router (Asus) in bridge mode?
Apr 8, 2007
872 posts
337 upvotes
does someone who is more knowledgeable than I am compare the quality of fido internet to teksavvy?
I'm thinking of leaving teksavvy to this. Teksavvy has been awesome, but this is faster and not much more money.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)