Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Fido] Internet:ONT only : 60/10 internet ultd,$60 : no contract,no act. fee, inc. modem rental *EXT. TO Jan 18, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2017 11:07 am
Temp. Banned
Apr 13, 2016
747 posts
491 upvotes
Guys, I'm looking for some advice!

I told Rogers about this plan and they offered us the two retention plans:

100/10 Unlimited
Modem Included
2-year contract
$59.99

100/10 Unlimited
Modem Included
No Contract (price guarantee for 1 year)
$64.99

I'm thinking about going with the 2-year contract because I don't think a much better deal will come about in 2 years time. I could be wrong. Is anybody willing to chime in?

Much appreciated!
[Inappropriate signature]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
4239 posts
1966 upvotes
snipzy wrote: Guys, I'm looking for some advice!

I told Rogers about this plan and they offered us the two retention plans:

100/10 Unlimited
Modem Included
2-year contract
$59.99

100/10 Unlimited
Modem Included
No Contract (price guarantee for 1 year)
$64.99

I'm thinking about going with the 2-year contract because I don't think a much better deal will come about in 2 years time. I could be wrong. Is anybody willing to chime in?

Much appreciated!
personally i wouldn't sign a contract with rogers, especially with the new CRTC rule for the small ISPs that should bring about lower prices. I'd rather have 3 months free and pay the same price I have been even if the speed is slightly lower. If/When the indy ISP's release there newer plans I'll jump ships.

Why pay more and sign a contract when the speed difference is negligible?
kiasu wrote: I was told to wait 48hrs
I was at the store, the lady had to call in to add the modem to my account as the system wouldn't let her. Got home plugged it in and was up and running.
Oct 29, 2007
802 posts
147 upvotes
how long contract is required to get the 3 free month?

My current fiber modem allow to forward all traffic to router that i can configure to access my home network from office, does fido support the similar feature?
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4475 posts
811 upvotes
I noticed that a few more providers are adjusting prices towards this deal, Acanac for example is offering 60/10 for $59.
I have had 3 accounts with them for a very long time, I definitely feel more comfortable with them not messing with the price than I do with Fido/Rogers, but then again, 3 months free isn't too shabby too.
Temp. Banned
Apr 13, 2016
747 posts
491 upvotes
For anybody excited about the high speedtest results showing 80 megabit, keep in mind that the way cable works with Rogers is that there is a speed boost for small file downloads. Then, it levels out back to ~60 megabit.
[Inappropriate signature]
Dec 5, 2011
579 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if I can order this before December 18th but to have it activated for January 2nd? Do I have to pay for those 2 weeks when I'm not using it? I am moving to a new place after Jan 1st, but I want this deal and the free 3 months!
Nov 14, 2008
382 posts
205 upvotes
Well, I was paying $67, half the speed, 125gb, and that includes $10 off that was expiring soon.

I got rogers to give me $64 per month, permanently, same speed and bandwidth. Solved that problem, I dont need the double speed or unlimited bandwidth anyway.

EDIT: The 3 months free would have been sweet tho, oh well im sticking with reliable old rogers.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5666 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto
Well that was quick. Ordered yesterday got it today. Took 10 minutes to set-up and get everything running. Using my own router, so bridge mode was super easy for me.
Jul 7, 2006
41 posts
20 upvotes
sinankeser wrote: Does anyone know if I can order this before December 18th but to have it activated for January 2nd? Do I have to pay for those 2 weeks when I'm not using it? I am moving to a new place after Jan 1st, but I want this deal and the free 3 months!
Just chatted with a fido agent yesterday and was told the 3 months free promotion is now extended and expires January 8th 2017.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5666 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto
pallfy wrote: Well, I was paying $67, half the speed, 125gb, and that includes $10 off that was expiring soon.

I got rogers to give me $64 per month, permanently, same speed and bandwidth. Solved that problem, I dont need the double speed or unlimited bandwidth anyway.

EDIT: The 3 months free would have been sweet tho, oh well im sticking with reliable old rogers.
... Even though you don't need the speed and bandwidth... your paying $4 less for a lot less (If your paying $64 (with tax included) I'm paying 68 with tax included).

This is rogers also anyways. If I were you I'd switch to start.ca. They have fantastic customer service. I just cancelled with them for this fido deal though. (They are also using rogers network).

It would be a super easy switch too (to either fido or start [however start may require you to buy a modem]). It would take literally a phone call, a day to get the modem and 10 minutes to change modems.

I'd go with Fido. For 30-60 minutes of effort (depending on how long you have to wait on the phone). You get $180 credit, double your internet speed (down and up), unlimited bandwidth for only $60+taxes a month.

However, it's your money.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5666 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto
sinankeser wrote: Does anyone know if I can order this before December 18th but to have it activated for January 2nd? Do I have to pay for those 2 weeks when I'm not using it? I am moving to a new place after Jan 1st, but I want this deal and the free 3 months!
No I tried to do something like that. They said once you put in the order. The modem will be shipped and you will have to start using it.
mshazy wrote: Just chatted with a fido agent yesterday and was told the 3 months free promotion is now extended and expires January 8th 2017.
But if this is true. It's perfect for you. Call on Dec 31st. Get it on Jan 2 (as I assume New Years will be closed/no deliveries)
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1352 posts
511 upvotes
London, ON
Let's pray that we don't have any issues with Internet on weekends.

The useless company states :

Internet Technical Support
7 days a week: 24 hours a day

Yet when you click chat..

Fido Live Chat is currently unavailable.

Our business hours are:
Weekdays 8 a.m. to midnight
Weekends 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
(Eastern Time)

At least Teksavvy etc . offer true help when needed.

So if anyone happens to our internet during these times.. we are sh..it out of luck
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2010
1095 posts
322 upvotes
So what's the best way to sign up for this in Toronto? Go in store, and get the modem right away, hope that the account is set up properly with all the discounts? Or use the online chat, so you get everything in writing upfront, but have to wait for the modem to be shipped to you?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2007
1332 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
sk1001 wrote:

At least Teksavvy etc . offer true help when needed.

So if anyone happens to our internet during these times.. we are sh..it out of luck
meh, been with teksavvy for 10 years. Not really that impressed these few years and they're falling behind. I've had DSL with them since the 5000/600 package. Wow.

Anyway, just got Fido today. Already had TSI set-up, activated within 6 hours. put the modem in bridge mode.

Calling into TSI to cancel
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10205 posts
11263 upvotes
pallfy wrote: Well, I was paying $67, half the speed, 125gb, and that includes $10 off that was expiring soon.

Why? Why would you stay with them? They are $4/month more!? Nevermind the 3 free months.

I seriously don't get this. Yes, $4/month is not that much, but over a year that's $48.

Fido IS Rogers, the service is the same.

Is it "loyalty"? Not worth walking into a Fido store?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1352 posts
511 upvotes
London, ON
goonx126 wrote: meh, been with teksavvy for 10 years. Not really that impressed these few years and they're falling behind. I've had DSL with them since the 5000/600 package. Wow.

Anyway, just got Fido today. Already had TSI set-up, activated within 6 hours. put the modem in bridge mode.

Calling into TSI to cancel
issue is if they need to escalate a ticket on a sunday teksavvy could and can.

fido? have an issue? can't tell no one.
Oct 18, 2012
707 posts
657 upvotes
WHITBY
kiasu wrote: how come I cant 'thank' OP anymore here? did they remove the feature?

sure...they gave me 2...I can give you one..
Haha thanks for the offer
Oct 18, 2012
707 posts
657 upvotes
WHITBY

It is impossible for Rogers to guarantee a rate to you PERMANENTLY.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1674 posts
268 upvotes
Quick question, does 'Refer a Friend' applies to Fido Internet or only for Wireless plans?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
3361 posts
1108 upvotes
redflag999 wrote: Quick question, does 'Refer a Friend' applies to Fido Internet or only for Wireless plans?
No referral for internet. This was confirmed by the Fido store that sold me the internet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)