Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

LG G PAD IV at $0 with 3GB DATA PLAN

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2018 2:21 pm
Nov 19, 2017
511 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
areby50 wrote: does anyone know the plan code? i setup in store today but the agent put me on a plan that only had 2gb
slpless wrote:
DSPSRA1L1
johnlee2017 wrote: Got one from Bestbuy ,Cambie location,Vancouver.It is the last one there,fido customer with voice and data,got the $50.00gift card.
Checked on line ,it's monthly usage only 2.00g, will ask why tomorrow.
Promo plan code - DSPSRA1L1 - should be entered. Many agents make mistakes.
Mar 24, 2007
156 posts
85 upvotes
Sorry for a dumb question:
Anyone know when this deal will be expired?

Thanks.
Nov 9, 2009
834 posts
142 upvotes
Wellington, ON
The Fido LG gpad IV promo expires today (Nov 27) at 9:00 pm in Ontario.
++++++++++++++
It's a thin line that separates a gourmet from a glutton.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
2343 posts
433 upvotes
Is this in store only? can you do it by online chat?
Dec 14, 2009
115 posts
81 upvotes
Kanata
uruha wrote: Did you have to tell them you want to cancel before they would offer the discount? Or simply request to see if your account qualifies for any discount?
I typed "cancel my data plan - phone # xxx-xxx-xxxx" in the chat title. The CSR asked me why, I said Freedom Mobile offering 4GB for the same price, and she came back with the half off offer.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2003
1464 posts
71 upvotes
Just wonder if this promotion is advertised anywhere? I couldn't find it in the best buy flyer :(

Secondly, do I need a flyer to price match at costco? Or do the rep already know about this promotion. My parents are already a fido customer, hopefully it'll be easy to get them on this deal.

Thanks.
Nov 9, 2009
834 posts
142 upvotes
Wellington, ON
bellboy26 wrote: Is this in store only? can you do it by online chat?
Yes you can via chat but likely a pita. If you can figure out how to do this on-line, you are a genius and should be in Mensa.
Last edited by inhaliburton on Nov 27th, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
++++++++++++++
It's a thin line that separates a gourmet from a glutton.
Nov 9, 2009
834 posts
142 upvotes
Wellington, ON
coconut_head wrote: Just wonder if this promotion is advertised anywhere? I couldn't find it in the best buy flyer :(

Secondly, do I need a flyer to price match at costco? Or do the rep already know about this promotion. My parents are already a fido customer, hopefully it'll be easy to get them on this deal.

Thanks.
Time: 8:50 pm, Nov 27

OK. Here's the dillio. Just got of the phone with Fido CS.

The $15 for 3 gb of data promo ends Dec 5th. The FREE LG gpad IV is on-going, no end date. Sounds goofy but that's what he told me. If plan ends on Dec 5th, how can the LG gpad IV offer continue?

I was told this morning by Fido Rep that to get the free LG gpad IV I would have to purchase a voice/data plan. NOT TRUE. I'm a Fido customer. Last year I went with the LG gpad III Plan. That all I told them. My LG gpad IV is being shipped tomorrow (Tuesday. My cost is $14 plus gst.) That it!

Mention this Plan Number: DSPSRA1L1

Hope this helps,

Regards, Paul.

in Picton, ON
Apr 1, 2009
138 posts
131 upvotes
After signed up, anybody checked the account yet? Why I only see "data only plan-2GB? under the line? Usage summary is still not available.
Nov 19, 2017
511 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
zq0888 wrote: After signed up, anybody checked the account yet? Why I only see "data only plan-2GB? under the line? Usage summary is still not available.
Oh my goodness. Same question so many times. :)

The agent made a mistake entering wrong plan code. It should be DSPSRA1L1. I think you can change the plan by visiting your store or calling/live chat.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
4016 posts
3367 upvotes
YUL/YVR
inhaliburton wrote: The $15 for 3 gb of data promo ends Dec 5th. The FREE LG gpad IV is on-going, no end date. Sounds goofy but that's what he told me. If plan ends on Dec 5th, how can the LG gpad IV offer continue?
It can continue, but go back to $15 for 2GB.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2003
1464 posts
71 upvotes
inhaliburton wrote: Time: 8:50 pm, Nov 27

OK. Here's the dillio. Just got of the phone with Fido CS.

The $15 for 3 gb of data promo ends Dec 5th. The FREE LG gpad IV is on-going, no end date. Sounds goofy but that's what he told me. If plan ends on Dec 5th, how can the LG gpad IV offer continue?

I was told this morning by Fido Rep that to get the free LG gpad IV I would have to purchase a voice/data plan. NOT TRUE. I'm a Fido customer. Last year I went with the LG gpad III Plan. That all I told them. My LG gpad IV is being shipped tomorrow (Tuesday. My cost is $14 plus gst.) That it!

Mention this Plan Number: DSPSRA1L1

Hope this helps,

Regards, Paul.

in Picton, ON
Thanks for the details, I didn't end up signing up for it because the sales rep seems very confused regarding this promo. Everyone is saying a different thing, one rep at best buy told me the tablet data and cell phone data are shared (or can be)? That would of make sense, if I could downgrade my parents plan to just $30 voice plan then add this $15 tablet plan and they could share data between both devices.

However, the costco rep told me it's not possible. I'm not sure who is telling the truth, so I just left it. Hopefully, better deals when boxing day comes.
Apr 1, 2009
138 posts
131 upvotes
slpless wrote: Oh my goodness. Same question so many times. :)

The agent made a mistake entering wrong plan code. It should be DSPSRA1L1. I think you can change the plan by visiting your store or calling/live chat.
Sorry, I didn't read previous threads. Thank you for advice. I did chat with Fido yesterday before I asked here, but the rep is very rude and no help at all.

However, I just tried to chat with Fido again. This rep is being really helpful and fix the issue for me. She said the store guy choose wrong plan. After she helped, I checked my account and it shows "data only plan" instead of "data only plan-2GB" now. the usage is still not available. I think that will show up in next bill cycle.

One funny thing I noticed lately after chatting with Fido reps several times. The reps daytime are always nicer and more helpful than nighttime people. I think I will only contact FIDO during the day from now on.
Nov 19, 2017
511 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
zq0888 wrote: One funny thing I noticed lately after chatting with Fido reps several times. The reps daytime are always nicer and more helpful than nighttime people. I think I will only contact FIDO during the day from now on.
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize it. Winking Face
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
AdamKing wrote: It can continue, but go back to $15 for 2GB.
Devious! :) If 3 GB/month ends, it is a bummer!

It does not make sense to get this tabby on a 2GB/month plan.
So, perhaps it is time now to rush to a store (fido?, bestbuy?, anything else? )
to get both 3GB/month data AND the tabby!

Given an unreasonably elevated nominal price of the tabby alone ($336),
might they still offer a free "Plus Pack" with this tabby for Christmas/Boxing day?
It would not be so interesting, though, if it goes along with a 2GB/month plan only :(
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
Was just browsing FIDO web site, and seen this remark on the current offer's web page!
Usual FIDO sloppiness, or real thing?

https://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/dev ... s-11151739
(scroll to the page end)

"Offers available for a limited time and subject to change without notice.

1. LG G Pad IV 8.0 at $149 on a 2-year $15 2 GB/month tablet data plan added to an eligible Fido postpaid mobile plan (voice-only, data-only, Fido Home Phone and prepaid plans not eligible). Early cancellation fees apply. Taxes extra.
"

P.S. Here it comes, the price difference between 2GB and 3GB /month :)
Nov 21, 2007
148 posts
20 upvotes
Kamloops
I was advised from the rep that your new plan will not be prorated to match your billing cycle. If your biiling cycle ends 29th of every month, and you activate 29th, you pay $15 for one day. So just keep in mind your billing cycle. I canceled current 2GB plan and got this 3GB, and will be charged 2x$15.
Nov 19, 2017
511 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
Tichi wrote: Was just browsing FIDO web site, and seen this remark on the current offer's web page!
Usual FIDO sloppiness, or real thing?

https://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/dev ... s-11151739
(scroll to the page end)

"Offers available for a limited time and subject to change without notice.

1. LG G Pad IV 8.0 at $149 on a 2-year $15 2 GB/month tablet data plan added to an eligible Fido postpaid mobile plan (voice-only, data-only, Fido Home Phone and prepaid plans not eligible). Early cancellation fees apply. Taxes extra.
"

P.S. Here it comes, the price difference between 2GB and 3GB /month :)
Usual Fido sloppiness. :)

It has been down there from the start. It was not properly updated when the hot BF deal was launched. Winking Face
Nov 19, 2017
511 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
nunb wrote: I was advised from the rep that your new plan will not be prorated to match your billing cycle. If your biiling cycle ends 29th of every month, and you activate 29th, you pay $15 for one day. So just keep in mind your billing cycle. I canceled current 2GB plan and got this 3GB, and will be charged 2x$15.
Wow! Thanks. Noted. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)