Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

LOYALTY : Fido 10gb pulse plan for $80/ month (ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2017 2:04 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
baxter77 wrote: It's the amount of $$$$ they put on top of your plan if you get a new phone.
I believe Fido does it the "old way" still where the plan price includes the phone subsidy. The plus whatever is just the amount of discount you get but unlike Koodo and others they don't add $10 or whatever on top of the plan price.
Banned
Aug 13, 2016
24 posts
12 upvotes
$50 5GB freedom mobile match plan on until February 22nd (subject to change)

Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 5 GB (over usage: $5/250 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™
Get it while it lasts
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6264 upvotes
Calculate your monthly usage folks, don't go for every new promo, otherwise those greedy companies are taking advantage of you.

For me, I have $36 BYOP Plan from Fido (4GB data, unlimited talks/texts, 1000 international mins). Good enough. I listen to Apple Music daily for 2 hours (on transit). I use WIFI at home and work.
Last edited by EdisonL299 on Feb 11th, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Oct 20, 2009
51 posts
17 upvotes
GTA
EdisonL299 wrote: Calculate your monthly usage folks, don't go for any new promo, otherwise those greedy companies are taking advantage of you.

For me, I have $36 BYOP Plan from Fido (4GB data, unlimited talks/texts, 1000 international mins). Good enough. I listen to Apple Music daily for 2 hours (on transit). I use WIFI at home and work.
This was in Ontario ???
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6264 upvotes
exkillaz wrote: This was in Ontario ???
It was only available in BC/AB I believe.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1764 posts
832 upvotes
johnsmithscsa wrote: $50 5GB freedom mobile match plan on until February 22nd (subject to change)

Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 5 GB (over usage: $5/250 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™
Get it while it lasts
Do you just call them directly or do you need to call retention? Also what province are you in?
Banned
Aug 13, 2016
24 posts
12 upvotes
Albin wrote: Do you just call them directly or do you need to call retention? Also what province are you in?
Chat in or call. It's the exact same rules as the $50 3GB (Wind) now freedom mobile match plan, just now with 5GB. Mention a plan you see on the freedom mobile site and just wait. Agents will play hardball, but you'll get it eventually
May 14, 2008
976 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto
EdisonL299 wrote: Calculate your monthly usage folks, don't go for any new promo, otherwise those greedy companies are taking advantage of you.

the talk time is only PROVINCIAL wide, not CANADA wide ~!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6264 upvotes
mrblack747 wrote: the talk time is only PROVINCIAL wide, not CANADA wide ~!!
Sign up Google Voice and you get unlimited North American calling/texting. Technically you don't need the Canada wide feature from the carriers.
May 14, 2008
976 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto
EdisonL299 wrote: Sign up Google Voice and you get unlimited North American calling/texting. Technically you don't need the Canada wide feature from the carriers.
I travel from province to province, in my case, I will need Canada wide.
Aug 3, 2014
145 posts
95 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Is Freedom mobile match plan only for BYOD? if I can move to fido I'd like to get a new phone as well..
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6264 upvotes
mrblack747 wrote: I travel from province to province, in my case, I will need Canada wide.
You can still use your data to make calls when you travel. Data is nation wide. If you make many calls everyday when you travel, Canada wide is better though.
Mar 2, 2015
183 posts
218 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
dealyou wrote: I had the option to take Plus 35 for $100/100GB and get even more discount on the iPhone 7 plus.
$100 for 100gb - seriously? for real? :O I switched to the $80/100gb plan when I got a new phone during black friday promo; had I known that $100/100gb is an option, then I'd have been all over it; I'd get rid of my home internet connection (as I don't use it much) and use my mobile data for everything; may be I should call them to see if I can "upgrade" to this plus35 package; thanks for the heads-up
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1764 posts
832 upvotes
johnsmithscsa wrote: Chat in or call. It's the exact same rules as the $50 3GB (Wind) now freedom mobile match plan, just now with 5GB. Mention a plan you see on the freedom mobile site and just wait. Agents will play hardball, but you'll get it eventually
Thanks!
Nov 28, 2016
770 posts
422 upvotes
Oops typo. 10gb only.
$80 is +15 tier, around $400 or less saving as I recalled
$100 is +35tier. Around $520 saving.
So it make sense to go with +15 tier less a less tab.

Even better if byop is $20 or more less. Just buy a phone out right
acheter wrote: $100 for 100gb - seriously? for real? :O I switched to the $80/100gb plan when I got a new phone during black friday promo; had I known that $100/100gb is an option, then I'd have been all over it; I'd get rid of my home internet connection (as I don't use it much) and use my mobile data for everything; may be I should call them to see if I can "upgrade" to this plus35 package; thanks for the heads-up
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
EmmanuelY wrote: For the less informed, what exactly is 15 tier. Is it the amount of years you've been with them ?
No
Jimboski wrote: What's +15 customers mean?
Look at fidos website, and when you look at the cost of phone, you will see the "plus" category and the price it's listed at.

Generally the higher the category, the cheaper your phone will be, but the price of the plan will be worse.
Nov 21, 2016
12 posts
7 upvotes
Wow Thanks so much for this OP, I just got this plan from Fido, I am a BYOP no contract customer, been one for years.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)