Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Migration plans are back! $50 4GB LTE Canada-wide Intl Msg/$45/$40/$30/$25/$20

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2017 9:15 pm
[OP]
Apr 13, 2017
394 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto

[Fido] Migration plans are back! $50 4GB LTE Canada-wide Intl Msg/$45/$40/$30/$25/$20

UPDATE #2: Verifyed existing Fido customers can get this plan by mentioning PM (see post #66 credit to abwlml) or Rogers (see post #76 credit to cooolio).

UPDATE: FYI these plans may be obtainable without being a Chatr customer, people have been getting this plan as an existing/new Fido customer. YMMV but definitely give it a try.

Fido migration plans are back in market, these plans are designed to attract Chatr prepaid customers to switch to postpaid plans. Obviously there are ways around to get these hot plan if you are not from Chatr. I have comfirmed the following plans in chat with rep this morning, so they are definitely available. (These are BYOD)

$50 Talk, Text & Data plan
- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 4 GB (over usage: $5/100 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™

$45 Talk, Text & Data plan
- 2 GB (over usage: $5/100 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Circle Calling™

$40 Talk, Text & Data plan
- 1 GB (over usage: $5/100 MB)
- Circle Calling™

$30 Talk, Text & Data plan
- 300 Canada-wide daytime minutes (over usage: $0.50/min)
- Unlimited Canada-wide evenings and weekends (5pm to 7am)
- 300 MB (over usage: $5/100 MB)
- Circle Calling™

$30 Talk & Text plan
- 1000 Canada-wide daytime minutes (over usage: $0.50/min)
- Unlimited Canada-wide evenings and weekends (6pm to 7am)
- 100 text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Circle Calling™

$25 Talk & Text plan
Unlimited Text, Picture and Video Messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and International Mobile Numbers
Unlimited Canada-Wide Minutes
Unlimited Circle Calling Minutes
Call Display
Voicemail
Call Waiting
Conference Call

$20 Talk & Text plan
- Unlimited local anytime calls
- 100 text msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Circle Calling™

There is a huge discussion of this plan and already, i'll try to quote the how-to's here. fido-fido-50-canada-wide-unlimited-4gb- ... g-2037676/
duzilikai wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 10:49 am
1. To qualify for the plan, you must be either on Fido prepaid (30 days minimum) or Chatr / Mobilicity. Not sure if being Fido prepaid for 30 days still works.
2. You can get it through Fido Live Chat or call 1-888-945-3436 and ask for the Migration Plan.
3. Get set up with Fido account.
4. Once you get your SIM, call into Fido to port your Fido prepaid or Chatr / Mobilicity number.
illest23 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 10:17 am
1) Get a chatR sim, Register for an online account on website. ChatR will assign you a new number. You do not have to top up your plan, just create an account until you get to the final top up confirmation page, and close browser once your online log-in works.
2) Call ChatR and ask for your account number.
3) Call/Chat with Fido, mention the migration plan and give them your chatR number & account number. They will send you a fido sim card.
4) Port your current number you want to keep to ChatR.
5) Once you receive your fido sim card, contact fido to port your ChatR number (the number you would like to keep).
6) Enjoy your new plan.
CelusC wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 4:49 pm
Here's how i got this plan, i had some trouble along the way but nonetheless i was able to get plan! I'd like to share my experiences so anyone else with the same problem can see.

1. Online chat with rep about migration plan, gave them all my information until he asked me Chatr information, told the rep i'll come back later with the information.
2. Went to Bestbuy and got a Chatr Sim, used the method that avoided the $20 top up and ported my number from Telus to Chatr, after 2 hours my number still was not ported, so i called Chatr and they said my account is not active therefore the port request was on hold, so i added $20.
3. After my number ported to Chatr, called FIdo regarding finishing setting up my account, rep told me my sim is being mailed out and can not do anything until i receive the sim.
4. Waited another day for my sim to be shipped out, still nothing so i spoke to a rep again regarding the issue, i asked if i can just go to Fido store and get a sim, he said NO. He said that my account will not even be ACTIVATED until the sim is mailed out, so even if i go into store and give them my account number, they will not be able to find it, now i realize it is total BULL**IT.
5. The next day, went straight to Fido store and got everything set up, did not pay for the sim.
6. I feel the freedom of 4GB data now! Looking to add another 1GB.

This was my experience, if anyone has questions similar to my experience please ask me! Good luck to everyone!
To my understanding, the rep told me it would end on December 31st, though the offer end date may change, so act fast while you still can!

Hope this thread helped you get the plan that you are looking for, i got the $50 plan myself and have been enjoying it for the past 4 month, i'll usually just chat with Fido and they are pretty easy to deal with, receptions are great since they are no different from Rogers, and those bonus data once in a while is just the icing on the cake!
Last edited by CelusC on Dec 18th, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
360 replies
[OP]
Apr 13, 2017
394 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote:
Dec 18th, 2016 12:53 pm
Assume BYOB?

Can you add $XX to make it PulseXX?
Yes it's all Bring your own phone, i am not sure regarding how much it would be to make it Pulse plan.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Oct 29, 2016
120 posts
26 upvotes
For the plans with only 100 texts, what's the best way around that using data messaging?
Can you use google hangouts only, or will all your incoming texts still go through native SMS?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7823 posts
409 upvotes
Vancouver
Need retentions for this? Chat knows nothing and says no such plan lol
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
10371 posts
1858 upvotes
VANCOUVER
What's a Pulse Plan?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
10371 posts
1858 upvotes
VANCOUVER
trellaine201 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2016 1:40 pm
I received an email to migrate over to the $20 plan. Not sure if email was from Fido or Chatr...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7823 posts
409 upvotes
Vancouver
Rogido wrote:
Dec 18th, 2016 1:43 pm
I received an email to migrate over to the $20 plan. Not sure if email was from Fido or Chatr...
Oh ok I was reading the OP wrong? He says ways to get it even though I'm not on chatter.
Dec 13, 2009
41 posts
11 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2016 1:40 pm
Chat rep confirmed it exists but said I'm not eligible since I'm with telus
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7823 posts
409 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok rep has the plans BUT you must have had ChatR line for 30 days before switching. :(

Good to know
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2006
8273 posts
27 upvotes
Is this strictly for ChatR customers? I have a Rogers line that I wouldn't mind porting in Smiling Face With Open Mouth
» ASUS P7P55D LE + Intel i7 860 2.8 GHz + Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
» G.Skill 4 X 2GB RIPJAWS DDR3 1600 + Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X
» Crucial M500 240GB + WD Blue 500GB + WD Green 1.5TB + WD Green 2.0TB
» Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced + Corsair HX620
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
Asked a rep to see if I qualify coming from virgin and says I can't because I'm not a chatr customer.

was hoping for a 3gb plan from fido at a lower cost then the $50 I pay from virgin. But it's not much of a lost since thr jump to 2gb is not worth the savings of $5 and lost of virgin and bell business perks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)