Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Nationwide - Fido $40/4GB, $50/9GB, $45/11GB + one time credit (1 line $100, 2 lines $300, 3 lines $500-600)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2020 4:00 pm
Apr 13, 2016
547 posts
357 upvotes

[Fido] Nationwide - Fido $40/4GB, $50/9GB, $45/11GB + one time credit (1 line $100, 2 lines $300, 3 lines $500-600)

I was checking my account on fido.ca since I've had a data line already at Fido which has been free for years. I was somehow made eligible for the $45/11GB plan.

I ended up porting all my Koodo lines over to Fido since my plans at Koodo ($40/8GB, $39/10GB, $35/5GB) were all ineligible for any HUPs due to Koodo changing the way TABs work.

In store Fido offered $45/11GB for all three lines with a $600 credit (SIM and activation waived ofc). 1000LD/mins and all the regular bells and whistles.

This effectively makes each line $36.66/11GB with Fido for the next two years and this is on a month to month plan.

For those of you that are new to Fido, you would have one line thats $50/9GB with two lines getting $45/11GB. Your effective rate would be ~$38/mth/per line. You might even be able to convince the manager to get you the $5/mth discount and 2GB bonus on the first line because those promos are "soft codes" that can be added to the lines post activation based on discretion. Again YMMV based on your interaction with the store reps/managers.

Most reps will only offer $100 on the phone, $150 in store, the manager may be able to get you somewhere between $100-$150 for one line, $200-$300 for two lines, and $400-$600 for three lines in terms of credit.

He did mention that this promotion will expire based on when competing offers from other carries are taken off the market within the next few days or week. I'm based in ON by the way, I suggest calling Fido stores to ask what they are offering. Hope this helps someone else get a deal it will be based on the quota the store manager has to fulfill hence YMMV. If you're nice/patient you can get up to $600 in credits.

Good Luck!

Update: A few users were able to get the same/a similar deal that I described.

They got their deals at a Fido corporate store, they went to different stores than I did.

I would suggest users call/go speak to Fido Corporate stores closest to them.
Last edited by redflag0 on Sep 2nd, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1866 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
The $600 credits was for porting over and not for getting new phones ?
Apr 13, 2016
547 posts
357 upvotes
ObLaDi wrote: The $600 credits was for porting over and not for getting new phones ?
good question, in my case since I wasn't looking for devices so I never asked but I think its discretionary credit based on new activations.

I think you would be eligible for the credits based on the activation rather than porting.

You might even get some discount on the devices? I think they quoted $20/mth for the iPhone XR but I didn't ask too much about this.
Apr 13, 2016
547 posts
357 upvotes
I've been getting a lot of DMs for those not within the GTA area I would suggest following instructions from Thatdealguy in this thread. I followed his basic layout to get my deal
Thatdealguy wrote: Just got an update from my university rep. I got free tablets + 24months from them last year.
Note the deal I got wasn't a uni student only deal.
Last edited by redflag0 on Sep 1st, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 9, 2014
25 posts
18 upvotes
Hamilton Ontario
This only good for 2 years? If so after that then what? I was once on Fido. I thought the coverage for instance in my basement or some rooms at work I had zero reception. I'm know with Koodo and no issues. Wonder if Fido is any better know. This was 2 years ago.
Jan 22, 2006
174 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
Tried my local store but they had no idea about this. Interested in getting 3 lines with the $600 credit. So do we have to try the stores in the Thatdealguy thread?
Apr 13, 2016
547 posts
357 upvotes
cujoe31 wrote: This only good for 2 years? If so after that then what? I was once on Fido. I thought the coverage for instance in my basement or some rooms at work I had zero reception. I'm know with Koodo and no issues. Wonder if Fido is any better know. This was 2 years ago.
I can't say I've had similar reception issues with Rogers/Fido. I will say I think these should be negligible because wi-fi calling has become more reliable over the last few years

The price of the plan isn't set to change ever. You're not under contract either. I just chose to look at the one time credit I received as a form of monthly discount over two years. You don't necessarily have to look at it the same way. I hope that makes sense.

zaweet wrote: Tried my local store but they had no idea about this. Interested in getting 3 lines with the $600 credit. So do we have to try the stores in the Thatdealguy thread?
I would suggest trying all fido stores near you, again like I mentioned in the thread you're better off going in store when you find a store thats willing to offer even a minimal credit.

At the point you're in the store you should ask the lead or manager about possible other credits to maximize your return.

You can also pm me for the store I went to
Apr 13, 2016
547 posts
357 upvotes
Update: A few users were able to get the same/a similar deal that I described.

They got their deals at a Fido corporate store, they went to different stores than I did.

I would suggest users call/go speak to Fido Corporate stores closest to them.
Nov 6, 2011
707 posts
377 upvotes
Calgary
As per the Fido rep in Calgary, today is the last day but I guess we will see. Here’s the deal:

Fido is offering the $45/11GB + 1000 LD + $0 Activation fee, for existing customers when they add a new line.

Let’s assume you have one line to start (Line #0)

When you add Line #1, $0 credit
OR
HUP on existing line, $0
When you add Line #2, $200 credit
When you add Line #3, another $200
And so on.

Signed up for 3 new lines myself, got $400 credit.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
omg, just ported over online on my fido data account this morning then i come across this thread.....
Jun 6, 2015
200 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ps3playa wrote: As per the Fido rep in Calgary, today is the last day but I guess we will see. Here’s the deal:

Fido is offering the $45/11GB + 1000 LD + $0 Activation fee, for existing customers when they add a new line.

OR
HUP on existing line, $0
And so on.

You have to have those lines open the entire term though or you lose the credit, correct?
Apr 13, 2016
547 posts
357 upvotes
ps3playa wrote: As per the Fido rep in Calgary, today is the last day but I guess we will see. Here’s the deal:

OR
HUP on existing line, $0
And so on.

wow so this is available nationwide? great!

I wouldn't be surprised to see it extend based on other carriers still having 9GB
Apr 13, 2016
547 posts
357 upvotes
EPcjay wrote: omg, just ported over online on my fido data account this morning then i come across this thread.....
ah, I'm sorry.. I did post on the Data only Fido 4gb thread as well.. I was hoping people like you and me would be able to take full advantage of this

regardless its a great offer!
Apr 13, 2016
547 posts
357 upvotes
Blutiful wrote: You have to have those lines open the entire term though or you lose the credit, correct?
this is month to month

its no term! you'll get the credit within the first two to three billing cycles
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1510 posts
994 upvotes
CALGARY

OR
HUP on existing line, $0
And so on.

I will be a new customer to FIDO. So if I open a line and add another line, will i get $45 11GB plan and $200 credit? Planning to do this for myself and wife.
Also, what location in Calgary you got this offer?
Jun 6, 2015
200 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm not finding the bill credit anywhere, best offer I've heard is additional lines 11gb data at 45 a month
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1729 posts
3230 upvotes
Ottawa
Can confirm in Ottawa Sunday (some people got it yesterday, but it was supposed to be a weekend only promo) was the last day for the line credit deal.

Just activated two more lines for my parents, even though they had the code, system wouldn’t process it. Manager couldn’t do anything.

Just straight up 50/9, and 45/11 for additional line.

Went to a corporate store as well.
Last edited by ottawa_guy on Sep 2nd, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.