Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

FIDO prepaid 10$/month plan = 10c/minute up to 10$

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2011 10:35 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 6, 2007
345 posts
52 upvotes
mixxy wrote: Appreciate the link. I did check it before I decided to post my preceding opinion. If in fact it is the way that you guys are saying it is; $10 for the liberty of using future minutes at 10 cents a minute, then I agree its not a hot deal at all.

If this is the case, then I know this for a fact as I got a prepaid phone activated for my mom on the 25th of March with Bell Mobility. I paid $10 for 10 cents a minute, I started off the account with $30 activation credit. $2.XX went to system access/911 fees, and I used $10 for the 10 cent plan. The balance left on my account at the time of activation was $18. Follow me so far?

The next week and a half, the phone was used sparingly. In total, the life timer of the phone stated about 58 minutes, at this point, I checked my balance, and it was STILL $18 dollars. When I called in to Bell Mobility prepaid dept. they advised me that the $10 top up is there to use for the 10 cents/minute.

I have all the account statements to prove it if required (even though I ported out to Mobilicity a few days ago (on the 4th I think).

Cheers,
AP
That was what I thought it would be. I actually called Bell today just to clarify this and the customer service rep. clearly stated that the 10 dollar does not include any prepaid min. Can anyone else confirm this?
Oct 3, 2007
440 posts
15 upvotes
Ontario
it is already there for sometime, and not a good deal at all.
Feb 24, 2010
942 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
waltereo wrote: Yes, then on top of the 10.75, you have to add your prepaid, lets say 20$.
Those 20$ will be at 10cents/min !

Thats a real rip off !!!

Wow, how do they even come up with such "deals". Seriously!
I'm a little bit ticked off seeing how abrasive this is getting. UBB isn't lost on me yet. Yes, I'm looking at you Bell :evil:
Sep 21, 2009
873 posts
196 upvotes
waltereo wrote: Edit :
NOT so good deal finally !, in fact a very bad one !!!

Hi,

I just saw Fido had a new (to me ! ) prepaid plan for 10$ ,

Fido Prepaid 10$/month or 10¢/min

As usual , voice mail and call display is included

They said that it is a 10¢/min which is for me one of the best rate I ever seen for a prepaid.

The Fido plan seems to be better than the PResident Choice top up which is 20¢/min
President Choice Top up

Is this ahot one ?

nice sales pitch and trick huh?

yuo are living proof it works

heheh
Nov 6, 2006
702 posts
96 upvotes
Montréal
kolok wrote: nice sales pitch and trick huh?

yuo are living proof it works

heheh

Yeah ... a living and walking proof !

Their sales pitch and tricks really pissed me oofff

Luckily, RFD is here !!!

Thanks RFD community !
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3000 posts
95 upvotes
Home
thread/
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3128 posts
743 upvotes
Pickering
I fell for this crap a few days ago, before this thread unforuntatly. Have a Sony w810i (old I know) that I wanted to use, so I grabbed a Fido Sim plus $10 voucher for this plan. Of course when I used the voucher it was taken right off, called them up (spent hours on there crappy phone support in the end) and lol and behold they finally told me the gist of the plan. Of course when you want to sign up they'll say anything, "yes sir the plan includes call time", I swear I should of recorded those calls.

Anyways, for $20 you get 100 mins total, f them, went with Wind yesterday, $25 for unlim calls/text, soo much better.
The only thing worse than human ignorance is human pride in that ignorance.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15193 posts
4376 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
> I fell for this crap a few days ago, before this thread unforuntatly. Have a Sony w810i (old I know) that I wanted to use, so I grabbed a Fido Sim plus $10 voucher for this plan. Of course when I used the voucher it was taken right off, called them up (spent hours on there crappy phone support in the end) and lol and behold they finally told me the gist of the plan. Of course when you want to sign up they'll say anything, "yes sir the plan includes call time", I swear I should of recorded those calls.

I would have done research online first. It clearly says, "No minutes included," on Fido's site.
Jan 26, 2009
420 posts
204 upvotes
Such a garbage ass deal. Don't even bring this on the forum.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5991 posts
3584 upvotes
Toronto
This deal isn't horrible IMHO. I bought a Koodo LG Optimus Prime (actually Optimus One, but...) phone with the minimal per-month plan. $15 gets you 50 minutes a month and not even caller-id. The Fido deal is better: $10.75 gets you the number for a month and $0.10/minute would get you 50 minutes (but only if you need them!) for $5. And the number has more features (eg. caller ID). $0.10 per minute is actually lower than the the other per minute charges I've seen. Extra minutes from Koodo are $0.35!

Pre-paying 7-11 is cheaper, I think. But less flexible.

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out what I should switch to. So many schemes, so hard to compare.
Jun 6, 2007
345 posts
52 upvotes
wilsonlam97 wrote: This is only good as a phone for the rlly old folks who need it for emergency's.

Actually, this is NOT good for people for emergency calls. The 7-eleven ones are better for that purpose. With this FIDO deal, even if you don't make any calls, you still used $10.75 per month and they are gone. They are not accumulating. While the 7-eleven one (or most other prepaid phone for that matter) allow you to accumulate unused credit, so if you don't make calls you money is always there as long as you refill them before they expire. The 7-eleven one can last you one year.
Nov 6, 2006
702 posts
96 upvotes
Montréal
Hugh wrote: The Fido deal is better: $10.75 gets you the number for a month and $0.10/minute would get you 50 minutes (but only if you need them!) for $5. And the number has more features (eg. caller ID).

where did you see the 5$ on top of the 10.75 on fido site ?

Could you post the link to that ?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3128 posts
743 upvotes
Pickering
waltereo wrote: where did you see the 5$ on top of the 10.75 on fido site ?

There isn't one, minimum you can choose per month is $10, so atleast $20.75 a month, why not spend the extra $4.25 for a real plan.
The only thing worse than human ignorance is human pride in that ignorance.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5991 posts
3584 upvotes
Toronto
waltereo wrote: where did you see the 5$ on top of the 10.75 on fido site ?

The deal is: $10.75/month + $0.10 / minute.

For example, if you use 50 minutes in a month (but only if you use it), you pay $10.75 + $5.00. That's how it works.

For my Koodo plan, I pay $15 a month and get 50 minutes (I don't save money if I use less than 50 minutes). Additional minutes beyond 50, I pay $0.35 per minute. And I don't get caller-id. So this FIDO plan is better.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1491 posts
1032 upvotes
moncton
so the balance must not carry over month to month with the fido plan?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5991 posts
3584 upvotes
Toronto
roy_miami wrote: so the balance must not carry over month to month with the fido plan?
As I understand it, there is not balance: you pay for all the minutes you use and only the minutes you use.

The Koodo plan I have does not carry over a balance as far as I understand it. You get 50 minutes a month to use or lose. (I also get 50 text messages to use or lose, but I don't care about that so I didn't previously mention it.)
Oct 25, 2006
580 posts
91 upvotes
hdom wrote: Only case I would use this is if you have an unlocked iphone4 with micro sim so you can't really use 7-11/petro.

you can just trim the sim and it works fine (according to many reports)
Perfect eBay Feedback
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13520 posts
4705 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
is not as horrible as you think, corp plans have something similar, u pay $10 extra for roaming, which only brings down the price for txt (25 cents to 10 cents), data ($3/mb to $1/mb) etc...
it sounds stupid but it does help in the end...
Apr 9, 2006
161 posts
10 upvotes
Can you add unlimited incoming option to this prepaid plan? (Think Google Voice)
Best regards,
Sergo.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4014 posts
2509 upvotes
Halifax
Sergo wrote: Can you add unlimited incoming option to this prepaid plan? (Think Google Voice)

I had a hard time figuring that one out. So I will guess probably not. It looks like you would have to go month to month, and that would cost you $25. $15 plan plus $10 unlimited. You get 50 minutes on the $15 plan, and I believe FIDO bills you by the second, so if you can get people to call you back often, that is workable.