Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

[QC only?] FIDO BYOD Plans: 35$/2GB or 45$/4GB [***EDIT***: Added 49$/8GB and 56$/10GB]

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2018 9:00 pm
Tags:
Jul 4, 2017
242 posts
444 upvotes

[Fido] [QC only?] FIDO BYOD Plans: 35$/2GB or 45$/4GB [***EDIT***: Added 49$/8GB and 56$/10GB]

EDIT: Now offering 49$/8GB and 56$/10GB as well!

Double your data on 1GB and 2GB plans.

https://imgur.com/a/qmKjXki
Last edited by IsraSoldier on May 8th, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
84 replies
Dec 7, 2016
218 posts
169 upvotes
QC
New activations or upgrades only.
I guess I'll have to wait until Koodo or Virgin match that so I can switch.
Jul 15, 2003
405 posts
32 upvotes
Bruno78 wrote: New activations or upgrades only.
Don't take it with Virgin.

Either deal with retention to get it or switch to Koodo and get referral from an actual Koodo customer to get a $50 credit right now (usually $25).

To reason to avoid Virgin is simple: the last time they did similar deal on black friday a few years ago, Virgin increased the price for customer with this plan within about 6 months while users on Fido and Koodo never got increased. I still have the Koodo plan and I still can use it to get a small or medium balance if I want.
Dec 7, 2016
218 posts
169 upvotes
QC
Barutsu wrote: Don't take it with Virgin.

Either deal with retention to get it or switch to Koodo and get referral from an actual Koodo customer to get a $50 credit right now (usually $25).

To reason to avoid Virgin is simple: the last time they did similar deal on black friday a few years ago, Virgin increased the price for customer with this plan within about 6 months while users on Fido and Koodo never got increased. I still have the Koodo plan and I still can use it to get a small or medium balance if I want.
Hey Barutsu,

After I wrote this message I also thought the same thing. I was one of the foolish customers who took advantage of that deal with Virgin and I do remember they increasing the price. That was one of the reasons why I signed up with Fido the following year. Funny thing is I had asked virgin if they'd ever increase the price and the CSR had told me they never did that. First time for everything!

I'm not currently happy with Fido so I hope Koodo will match this soon.
Dec 11, 2017
93 posts
117 upvotes
Whatever plans you guys end up signing up with Fido, *ALWAYS* check your first bill and ensure everything is as promised.
There is a more than 99% chance they will mess up something and charge you extra.
Just wanted to warn you as this happened to me 8 out 8 times in the past 7 years. They typically credit you back though.
Still don't understand why they do it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Barutsu wrote: Don't take it with Virgin.

Never had this issue with virgin mobile since 2011 they never increased the price.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Feb 19, 2018
487 posts
468 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Bruno78 wrote: New activations or upgrades only.
I'm on a $40, 2 GB + 2 GB (loyalty).
hopefully I can get the $35 2 GB + loyalty on it.

I'll give them a call! if anyone gives them a call, I would love to see what they tell you
Mar 25, 2018
58 posts
63 upvotes
I've called koodo and matched the price. They offered me 2GB for 2 years on 35 dollar plan.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1552 posts
2620 upvotes
Great plan. I got Koodo to match it.
Dec 7, 2016
218 posts
169 upvotes
QC
meysamsh wrote: I've called koodo and matched the price. They offered me 2GB for 2 years on 35 dollar plan.
So for 2 years only? Is Fido 2 years only as well?
aintic wrote: Great plan. I got Koodo to match it.
Aintic, did they say anything about 2 years like with meysamsh?
Mar 25, 2018
58 posts
63 upvotes
Bruno78 wrote: So for 2 years only? Is Fido 2 years only as well?

Aintic, did they say anything about 2 years like with meysamsh?
I have a plan with tab for two years. Probably that is why i have a data bonus for two years.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1552 posts
2620 upvotes
Bruno78 wrote: Aintic, did they say anything about 2 years like with meysamsh?
Yup 2 years for me as well. I also have a tab.
Dec 7, 2016
218 posts
169 upvotes
QC
meysamsh wrote: I have a plan with tab for two years. Probably that is why i have a data bonus for two years.
aintic wrote: Yup 2 years for me as well. I also have a tab.
Thanks guys! I don't plan on getting a tab so I'll call them later and see what I can get. I don't think Fido has that limitation so neither should the others.
May 7, 2018
2 posts
2 upvotes
Called Koodo and matched it, $35 2G Plan Qc (No tab doesn't expire).
Hope that helps
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1666 posts
1558 upvotes
Montr
How do you guys make sure that they won't charge you 10$ for calling ?
I saw on their website they charge $$ if we call instead of using web
Feb 16, 2017
396 posts
385 upvotes
i'm an existing Fido customer - was able to get $45/4GB + 3GB for 2 years in BC. YMMV as always.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1666 posts
1558 upvotes
Montr
Another question: does anyone have experience with both Videotron and Koodo? How the signal quality and coverage compared ?
I'm much happier with Koodo than when I was with Rogers, with regard to signal quality and coverage
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2008
1178 posts
809 upvotes
Quebec
PhilGate13 wrote: Called Koodo and matched it, $35 2G Plan Qc (No tab doesn't expire).
Hope that helps
Called and they didn't want to match... How did you make it work?
Desperadude wrote: Another question: does anyone have experience with both Videotron and Koodo? How the signal quality and coverage compared ?
I'm much happier with Koodo than when I was with Rogers, with regard to signal quality and coverage
It depends where you are to be honest. Coverage is good on all the companies, but may be better in one area more then another depending on the carrier.
Aug 19, 2011
130 posts
26 upvotes
Thx got 2gb plan for my mom. Was going to cancel the home phone I have with fido. But they offered me a year free. Will cancel in a year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)