Tags:
None
[OP]
May 26, 2011
747 posts
142 upvotes
Montreal

[Fido - Quebec only] $60 Unlimited MAX plan incl. 3 GB data

Similar to the $60 Smart plan, except it has 3 GB of data instead of 2.

Maybe other provinces can try to get a deal through this... This probably helps people who are stuck on 3 year plans.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/f3YHsul.jpg[/IMG]
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5399 posts
2505 upvotes
Winnipeg
For MB and SK this is available with 5 GB data (on tab 24).
Also your plans are for 3 years...lol
Apr 28, 2013
503 posts
122 upvotes
Arviat
Look at that picture... and tell me what is the money maker...

Unlimited
Unlimited
Unlimited
Unlimited
Unlimited
--------
included
included
included
included
included
Unlimited

Lol...

I swear if any American or other telco comes here and set up shop with some insane cheap data Robellus is finished.
[OP]
May 26, 2011
747 posts
142 upvotes
Montreal
Wpegger wrote:
Jul 10th, 2013 6:18 pm
For MB and SK this is available with 5 GB data (on tab 24).
Also your plans are for 3 years...lol
Depends on the phone. The higher tier phones like iPhones need to be a 3 year plan. Some are 2 years which are the "smart" plans.

If you have an unlocked phone and switch to Fido, you can get any plan you want. I'm using an unlocked iPhone 5 with the Smart plans.
Sep 17, 2007
633 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
within no time 3 gb will be gone ... instead id call into rogers and get the 50$ corp plan
[OP]
May 26, 2011
747 posts
142 upvotes
Montreal
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote:
Jul 10th, 2013 6:47 pm
within no time 3 gb will be gone ... instead id call into rogers and get the 50$ corp plan
What do you mean? If you switch to this plan, you'll keep the 3 gb. Even if the plan changes in the next few days.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
NoseyBonk wrote:
Jul 10th, 2013 6:23 pm
Look at that picture... and tell me what is the money maker...

Unlimited
Unlimited
Unlimited
Unlimited
Unlimited
--------
included
included
included
included
included
Unlimited

Lol...

I swear if any American or other telco comes here and set up shop with some insane cheap data Robellus is finished.

Right, if AT&T or Verizon came here the higher prices that the U.S. pays for telecoms means that Robellus is finish. This promo has been ongoing for months in Quebec now
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2823 posts
1010 upvotes
Montreal
meh, I'm on the 39$ plan and I would only jump on it at 50$.

I'm not gonna start paying over 240$ extra per year for calling/data I might never even use.
Apr 28, 2013
503 posts
122 upvotes
Arviat
LostInTruth wrote:
Jul 10th, 2013 7:01 pm
[/B]

Right, if AT&T or Verizon came here the higher prices that the U.S. pays for telecoms means that Robellus is finish. This promo has been ongoing for months in Quebec now
T-mobile had $20 unlimited prepaid data for the longest time... I dont need LTE speeds,heck I will even take 2G speeds if it is unlimited! As long as there are no ports blocked and no proxy server...
The new plan on Tmobile is
100 minutes talk | Unlimited text | First 5GB at up to 4G speeds for $30 a month... meh.. but for prepaid that is crazy! 5GB? and then after that you still get unlimited data at 2G speeds! and 100 mins is plenty for me!

And Tmobile lets you tether! WOW! Granted after the first 5GB you cannot watch videos unless they are 144p, but this would let people easily cut the need to have an ISP at home if all they do is computer updates and Email.

I think 5GB is what these clodchoppers charge just for the 5GB! T-mo lets you have that, throw in 100 mins and tether! and after the 5GB you can still use 2G!
But yea, AT&T is like Rogers and Verizon is like Bell..... OK, not US carriers buy let say Orange or OK mobile.. or Vodafone.
[OP]
May 26, 2011
747 posts
142 upvotes
Montreal
NoseyBonk wrote:
Jul 10th, 2013 9:18 pm
T-mobile had $20 unlimited prepaid data for the longest time... I dont need LTE speeds,heck I will even take 2G speeds if it is unlimited! As long as there are no ports blocked and no proxy server...
The new plan on Tmobile is
100 minutes talk | Unlimited text | First 5GB at up to 4G speeds for $30 a month... meh.. but for prepaid that is crazy! 5GB? and then after that you still get unlimited data at 2G speeds! and 100 mins is plenty for me!

And Tmobile lets you tether! WOW! Granted after the first 5GB you cannot watch videos unless they are 144p, but this would let people easily cut the need to have an ISP at home if all they do is computer updates and Email.

I think 5GB is what these clodchoppers charge just for the 5GB! T-mo lets you have that, throw in 100 mins and tether! and after the 5GB you can still use 2G!
But yea, AT&T is like Rogers and Verizon is like Bell..... OK, not US carriers buy let say Orange or OK mobile.. or Vodafone.
Problem for me is that I use the phone a ton (calls), for work and for personal use. So that 100 minutes on the $30/month wouldn't be for me. I'm paying $56 a month back from when they had the promo for the Smart plan before changing it to the $60 it is now and I'm more than happy with that because I used to pay $10/month more for basically the same plan.
Apr 28, 2013
503 posts
122 upvotes
Arviat
Hmmm. I wonder if you put your Tmobile phone in 2-G mode and use 1GB of data, will it count against your 5GB ? or does it bill you separately. That would be great. then you could use SKYPE on 4G and then everything else on 2G like Emails and what not... that would be crazy cheap.

$1 per day on prepaid! I would love to convert friends and then listen in when they call up the ISP to give them the verbal finger... "Guess what you dirty B******s?" You just got replaced by my cell phone plan! Hope you go out of business soon! that'll learn ya for supporting SOPA and PIPA!

Oh and dont forget to die! :D
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
1268 posts
64 upvotes
Montreal
The promo might end soon as Videotron no longer has their 60$ Unlim CAN/US LD + 6GB promo.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1297 posts
297 upvotes
BC
theosis wrote:
Jul 10th, 2013 10:35 pm
Problem for me is that I use the phone a ton (calls), for work and for personal use. So that 100 minutes on the $30/month wouldn't be for me. I'm paying $56 a month back from when they had the promo for the Smart plan before changing it to the $60 it is now and I'm more than happy with that because I used to pay $10/month more for basically the same plan.
I'm on this same plan, it's pretty decent with the 2GB. The way I see it, if I need more data one month I will just pay the $10/1GB extra, as it's like a flex plan. Averaged out over 12 months, the odd month I go over will barely make a difference in the long run. What I am saving on big time is long distance and overages which used to kill me. Now, my bills have remained the same ever since jumping on the $56 plan.
Dec 28, 2007
448 posts
84 upvotes
Ottawa
Telus has had this plan for quite a while. It's also for Quebec only